No announcement yet.

Ultimate REAR Lip FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh man... the fitment sounds so gross o_o how did that owner make it look so flawless on their car??? I guess the search for a rear lip continues >_<'
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
      oh man... the fitment sounds so gross o_o how did that owner make it look so flawless on their car??? I guess the search for a rear lip continues >_<'
      My only guess is that the lip was seperated into two pieces. You see how when I wrapped it around the OEM lip in the one picture above? If the lip was cut where the exhaust arch is, it may fit right....i dunno. Gotta look into it. I won't know until i have some free time over the weekend to take it out of storage again.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
      JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
      1994 Prelude V-Tec
      1999 CL 3.0
      2000 Prelude
      2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
      1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
      1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
      1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

good luck :'(
        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Thanks for the info Warudakumi.
          Even though it'll be kinda sketchy i still want to give this lip a try, in the future.

Comment

any one know if the 5th gen lude rear lip fits on a cb7. my exhaust tip sits about an inch or so from the stock lip and im looking to fill that gap.

not really sure what my options are ill take a pic of it and post it in this thread for you guys to help me in a minute.

Comment

Comment

What exactly are your trying to show there?

8 Accords so far:
                '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

I just want to touch on the original post in this thread about the CD5 lip.

The CD5 lip only works from 94-95 models. The 96-97 models have a more curved style lip which does not fit the CB7. I got one from the wreckers and tried to fit it, but could not make any of the angles work. The 94-95 style, as posted in the original photo is the only one that will work, since it's a little more squared and matches the CB's bumper and is easier to cut and bend to fit.

Also saying it needs extensive modification is not true. It needs a triangular notch cut into the bottom corner where it will bend. Also, if you do not have mudflaps, you'll have a gap, similar to a Legend front lip.

This is probably one of the easiest DIY lips to modify and install.

Look closely on the passenger side, you can just see the small notch cut in the bottom. That's all you need to do. You also need to chop about an inch or so off the passenger side lip for the exhaust opening. For the centre piece, obviously just cut it to length.

Comment

Nice write up mikey!

Im still surprised though. Someone made a FRONT lip out of garden edging, I don't see any reason why some 3m double sided tape and a 90-91 rear bumper wouldn't make a good lip.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Any update on the bb6 lip?
                      My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

can ANYONE find a type R/mugen style like Apuforyou had? that site is no longer up and there are none on ebay. =( I can't find one anywhere and I really want it instead of a body kit bumper, and I'm not paying through the roof for a xeno.....
                        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Does this work for you? http://www.absdynamics.com/90-93-hon...9093MU_204.php

Comment

Originally posted by TuneAccordingly View Post
                            Yes! Thanks a million! I was about to throw the towel in and sulk about having to use a naked stock bumper...
                            ..edit.. importparts.com sells that exact same brand lip for .108 instead of 120 which pretty much takes down to original seller minus sipping. Think I will grab one in a few days.
                            Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 06-02-2012, 11:13 PM.
                            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

No prob, glad I could be of assistance

Comment

Originally posted by TuneAccordingly View Post
                                This is where I bought my rear lip, Good seller from my experience. And I kind of want that cf lip

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                                BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                                Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                                CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X