Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open 92-93 fog light lense. Same as 90-91?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open 92-93 fog light lense. Same as 90-91?

I have a set of 92-93 fog lights and i need to open them up to clean the inside of the lenses. AM assuming they are plastic. They feel like plastic. Is this even necessary to open up as i see the seals need to be cooked off to open it up. I have no red rusty stuff and would prefer less trouble than more.

Also i never seen anything on how to replace the bulbs. I remove the rubber grommet seal and see some weird contraption holding a bulb in place. Am assuming these bulbs are replaceable. I figure i would just replace them no while i have them out.

Don't quote me but I believe they are the same. The difference comes from the CDN/US/EUR/JPN versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Don't quote me but I believe they are the same. The difference comes from the CDN/US/EUR/JPN versions.
      Is it the same to open them up to polish. Bake in oven. DOes it have that glue around it.

DO i even need to open them up if there is no corrosion inside? Can i just polish the plastic lens on outside. I have already used rotary tool with sanding flaps up to 2500 grit. Still not that clear. How clear can i get them am wondering? Is it worth to open them up and possibly breaking something.

Comment

don't open them if you don't have to. I would sand them and polish them. usually after that step, you can tell if you have to open the lens of not. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
        X