Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bad Ignition or bad clutch Sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Ignition or bad clutch Sensor?

Hey there ppls, unfortunately I'm having no crank no start issues out of nowhere and I can't figure out what it is. I used my 93 Cb7 all day but once I parked and tried restart 15 min later, nothing. It's a manual I thought maybe it was the starter fuse or main relay but they look good and starter too. I noticed that the clutch pedal pad that stops the clutch sensor from sticking out was also broken. Replaced it with a new one but nothing. I pushed the clutch turn the key and all I get are perfectly lit up dash lights with no noise or clicking. I can push start tho.

All suggestions are welcome
    Thank you

Put a paper clip in the safety switch connector, and try to start it up. (Like how to check for CEL codes)

There's a rubber bumper plug thing on the back of the clutch pedal that presses the safety switch. They get old and brittle, and then break. When I had my CB's, I would replace the rubber piece with a bolt and nut.

Comment

F22Chris, thanks for the advice by anychance where is the Safety switch connection located at? I did get the chance to replace a new clutch pedal pad as in the picture.

Comment

It's connected to the golden, zinc coated sensor that the rear bumper presses when you depress the clutch pedal. The sensor is literally held on to the pedal assembly.

If you can't find it, you can put the car in NEUTRAL - this is important lol. Neutral, and then turn key to on, and jump the starter solenoid with wire or a screwdriver.

Also, know that if you do jump the safety switch, your vehicle can start in gear. I did this at a gas station one time years ago, while in first gear, and the car shit whipped me into the engine bay lol.

Comment

Just checkin', you did put the wide side the pad on top, correct? I've used the plastic front fender liner retainers in a pinch.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thanks great advice guys. Especially F22Chris, I definitely don't wanna end up in the engine bay. Lol I definitely belive this method will fix my issue like you mention F22Chris . My friend send me a YouTube link showing how it's done I've been push starting my car for the past 2 days Because I'm a dumb a** and haven't had the chance to fix. I will try to fix today and let you guys know how it goes. I have post the YouTube link for the ppl that want to know how it's done.

https://youtu.be/oH-RzaeGB0c
            Last edited by FAMOUS_GODSON; 08-04-2017, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X