real quick window help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

real quick window help

Alright, there are a few threads out there that tell you how to replace the motor or the switch. My driver side window is going off the track and it has for at least 4 years now.. last night the window went down but would only go about 2 inch's then make a grinding noise, go down 4 inch's smooth thenthe grinding noise with no movement.. Today i was dickin with it and put the window down till there was about only 4 inch's showing and now its stuck down.. no motor activity. My problem is i just got my timing belt fixed and that ran me a ton of money. i dont have any cash to get a new motor put in till friday and its snowing like no other here.. is there anyway for me to just get it up an leave it for now so it stays? i currently have the panel off and im just waiting for further instructions.

try some silicone spray. spray it with the little straw looking thing where the red is (all the way around):

if it doesn't work, it won't be money wasted because you'll still have it around if you ever need it. (ignore the hubcaps and ugly maroon interior)
    the silicone spray can looks like this:
    Last edited by minoreparations; 12-08-2005, 02:04 PM.

Comment

no dude, my window is stuck down and wont go back up.. i have no way of getting it back up.. is there a way to just undo a screw or bolt then moving it up then just screwing it back in?

Comment

window

driver sidde is always the one that goes bad ,you gotta replace the rubber and if the motor dont sound like its trying it can be either the master switch they burn out alot or it can be like mine the motor goes.by the way its sound s like mine with grinding you can get whole thing on ebay for 40.00 its the window motor track

Comment

yeah, but that would work great in a few days and i plan on doing that.. im just trying to currently stop the snow and cold weather from getting into my car... i guess im just askin for a way to ghetto rig the whole thing up..

Comment

my window motor blew when i had it down and i took the panel off and removed the bolths that hold the motor, then i just pulled it up myself and it stays...its basically just lettin the motor hang so u can move the glass...try it..maybe it will help

Comment

Okay. You have to take the glass out of the door and manually reset it. Do this by removing the door panel. There will be two holes at the bottom of the door that you should be able to see the 10 mm bolts that hold the glass in. There will be two bolts. Take those off and push up on the glass. You can then remove it from the door. Then reset the glass in the window track. Slowly push it down until it goes all the way down in the channel. Put the lower bolts back in and roll the window up.

Mine does this all the time, and to this day still does it. I tried spraying silicone in the run channels and I haven't had an issue really, but I don't use the window that much since it's the winter. Your goal right now though is obviously just to get hte window back up.

Comment

yeah, but the motor's dead so i cant roll it up.. o and for the other guy, thats what i just got home from doing and it only goes up half way's and stops for some reason.. i have no idea why...

Comment

Unbolt it from the motor like the Warrior said and lift it up to closed. Now that the pressure of the heavy glass is off of the motor, does the motor move? If not bust out the handymans secret weapon (duct tape) and tape the glass in place until you can replace the broken part(s).
                  It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by 93CB7
                    Unbolt it from the motor like the Warrior said and lift it up to closed. Now that the pressure of the heavy glass is off of the motor, does the motor move? If not bust out the handymans secret weapon (duct tape) and tape the glass in place until you can replace the broken part(s).
                    unbolt it from the glass? or from the door?

Comment

because im pretty sure the motor's gone.. we unmounted the motor and moved the window up but that only went half ways.. anything else?

Comment

Try pulling it up gently with your hands, and then try using the button again. Mine was stuck for a while, but after warming everything up for a while, I was able to finally get it closed with a combination of pulling it up manually an inch or two, using the button for the next couple inches (until it started grinding and wouldn't go up anymore), then pulling it up again for a couple more inches, button again for a couple more inches, etc, etc. Now I got it closed and it's pretty much done. Honda wants $400 to repair it, and I just replaced the motor no more than 2 years ago (now it's the harness).

@#%*&#

Guess I won't have a window anymore

Hope this works for you.
                        1992 Accord EX-R

Comment

Working...
                        X