CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Other Automotive > Other Automotive Members Rides

Old 09-03-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
AccordWarrior : 2006 Subaru WRX STi

Why not post a MR about my Subaru, since I seem to rarely drive it these days.

Engine / Drivetrain

- Cobb AccessPort
- Cobb Street Downpipe
- SPT Catback Exhaust
- HOA 3-port EBCS
- SPT Intake
- SPT Turbo Heat Shield
- KillerB Radiator Cooling Plate
- KillerB Ruggedized Oil Pickup
- Kartboy Shifter Bushings
- Kartboy Rear Shifter Stay
- Trust/GReddy Oil Filter Sandwich Plate

- Protuned by Matt K @ Dent Sport Garage - 279.7 WHP / ~ 295 ft-lbs WTQ (Stock STis put down approximately 200-215 WHP on their dyno)

Suspension

- Stock BBS Alloys, 17 x 8, +53 Offset
- 235/45-17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
- Tanabe Sustec Rear Under Brace
- JDM / FHI Titanium Strut Brace
- JDM STi Group-N Rear Top Hats

Exterior

- JNA Replica STI Limited Front Lip

Interior / Electronics

- Defi Amber BF 60mm Boost Gauge, Imperial
- Defi Amber BF 60mm Exhaust Gas Temperature Gauge, Imperial
- Defi Amber BF 60mm Oil Pressure Gauge, Imperial
- Defi D-Link II Controller
- Defi Triple Gauge Pod
- Defi Red Racer 52mm Oil Temperature Gauge, Imperial
- AEM UEGO with 52mm Gauge
- AutoMeter Gauge Pod
- JDM / STi Limited Red Hazard Switch
- OEM STi Black Floor Mats
- OEM Cargo Net
- Pioneer Avic D3 DVD/Nav Head Unit
- Polk dB6501 6.5" Component Speakers
- Polk dB401 4" Coaxial Speakers
- Polk GNX104 10" Subwoofer
- Audio Integrations Perfect Fit Amplifier Rack
- Rockford Fosgate 150s Amplifier
- Rockford Fosgate 500s Amplifier
- Valentine One Radar Detector
- Valentine One Radar Remote Relocate

The office

Back when I still was running 2011+ STi BBS Wheels. I ended up removing them as the tires were quite loud. They are for sale though, so if anyone is interested in picking them up, let me know. I won't ship though.

My future plans include getting the headlights back in shape and giving it a full detail. It's got more than enough power and I have zero interest in doing anything cosmetic to it at this point. I'm more or less over modifying it and looking like a total fanboy. I'm due for brake pads/rotors in the not too distant future, but with only 62K on the vehicle and a year mileage average of under 1,000 miles, I've got some time.

Thanks for looking!
AccordWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:31 PM   #2
owequitit
CB7tuner Member

owequitit is very helpful owequitit is very helpful owequitit is very helpful
Send a message via AIM to owequitit
I really hate this new Lexan non-sense. They have obviously cheaped on it somewhere, because even the first gen Lexan headlamps on the good car brands (like Honda) don't fade like all of these new headlights do. Keeping the headlights on the Civic looking good is literally a constant battle.

Just make sure you reseal them because I am about 100% that polishing them removes whatever little bit of UV protection they have on them.

Auto geek has some nice detailing products available as well as some sealant. I am probably going to try it because it is either that or replace the headlights with new ones.
owequitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:00 PM   #3
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Ya I hate how headlights seem to fade so bad nowadays.

Gone are the days of glass lamps.

Clean Mike!

Out of curiosity, the valentine remote locate....is that to basically hide the unit?

If so, where did you relocate it, if you don't mind me asking?

And if you don't want it out there, I won't be offended!
Ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:19 AM   #4
owequitit
CB7tuner Member

owequitit is very helpful owequitit is very helpful owequitit is very helpful
Send a message via AIM to owequitit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphie View Post

Clean Mike!

Out of curiosity, the valentine remote locate....is that to basically hide the unit?

Do yourself a favor and pick up the Laminx headlight/foglight kit while they still look good and put that on there. They are custom fit for your headlights and they will become a UV/pit layer to protect the stock ones. When they start to look shitty, you just peel them off and put new ones. Better than the $200+ per new light assembly.
owequitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:08 AM   #5
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Oh ok cool. Ill have to look into that as I HATE when headlights look shitty, as they are such an important aesthetic of any vehicle.

Esp the 9th gen headlamps, look so damn nice.

Thanks Scott!
Old 09-05-2015, 04:44 PM   #6
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by owequitit View Post
I really hate this new Lexan non-sense. They have obviously cheaped on it somewhere, because even the first gen Lexan headlamps on the good car brands (like Honda) don't fade like all of these new headlights do. Keeping the headlights on the Civic looking good is literally a constant battle.

Just make sure you reseal them because I am about 100% that polishing them removes whatever little bit of UV protection they have on them.

Auto geek has some nice detailing products available as well as some sealant. I am probably going to try it because it is either that or replace the headlights with new ones.
I've got the Megs OTS kit that I need to play with some more. I had used their UV sealant before when I was playing around, although I had yet to get too aggressive with them. I may try something like M205 and see what I can do, I am actually surprised how bad they've gotten, which is wild seeing as they car hasn't seen too many days outside in the past 2 years.

Quote:

Clean Mike!

I have the V1 mounted above the mirror. The relocate just gives me the warnings lower. My feeling at the time was more thinking about having the detector visible from behind if I had a cruiser behind me. I wouldn't be dumb enough to not go the speed limit, but I don't need the detector lighting up like a Christmas tree either and giving them a reason to pull me over. This way I can more easily mute it.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:58 PM   #7
Night Wolf
CB7tuner Member

Night Wolf seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Night Wolf
looks good.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)-01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan-(CURRENT)
Night Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:45 PM   #8
PUMASTi
Contributing Member

PUMASTi is cool... so far.
Finally. Looking good, rarely see these looking stock.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:45 PM   #9
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUMASTi View Post
Finally. Looking good, rarely see these looking stock.
Thanks!

Honestly, 95% of the trends in the Subaru world don't interest me, so there's something to be said about having a basically stock car. The difference from the 18's to the 17's alone was surprising. The Michelins actually balanced with almost no weight compared to the Dunlops I had which had me convinced I had 4 bad wheel bearings.

I'm actually starting to look for a replacement. It's not anything that is set in stone, but I'm entertaining something different. I do need to give this car a bit of TLC this year. It keeps getting pushed aside. The maintenance is still current (did the timing belt early and the 60K has been done even prior to 60K), but I need to fix some small issues that are creeping up.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:59 PM   #10
The G-Man
Contributing Member

The G-Man seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to The G-Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordWarrior View Post
Thanks!

Honestly, 95% of the trends in the Subaru world don't interest me, so there's something to be said about having a basically stock car. The difference from the 18's to the 17's alone was surprising. The Michelins actually balanced with almost no weight compared to the Dunlops I had which had me convinced I had 4 bad wheel bearings.

I'm actually starting to look for a replacement. It's not anything that is set in stone, but I'm entertaining something different. I do need to give this car a bit of TLC this year. It keeps getting pushed aside. The maintenance is still current (did the timing belt early and the 60K has been done even prior to 60K), but I need to fix some small issues that are creeping up.
Get a new WRX, lol. I saw the 2017 concept at the Philly auto show and it looks swwweeeeeet.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:48 PM   #11
gloryaccordy
Contributing Member

gloryaccordy seems to have made some friends!
Those wheels look sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordoja View Post
im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral
gloryaccordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:59 PM   #12
dhill_cb7
CB7tuner Member

dhill_cb7 seems to have made some friends! dhill_cb7 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The G-Man View Post
Get a new WRX, lol. I saw the 2017 concept at the Philly auto show and it looks swwweeeeeet.
Me too, I went on the last day. Sunday

This is probably the first one I have seen that isn't completely modded. Nowadays the few that I have seen on the road actually have rear qurter panel rust. Not sure if it is a defect or just the northern salt getting to them.

The black color really sets this Subi off. Keep up the great work. Really liking what you have done so far.
dhill_cb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:18 PM   #13
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The G-Man View Post
Nah, any replacement would be a dedicated sports car, with a removable roof. I wish the BRZ / FR-S was targa. Lately it's been a Z32 era 300ZX TT. I'd need to find an investment grade car to do it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryaccordy View Post
Those wheels look sweet
The ones in the second picture? I liked those a lot, but the tires on them were painfully loud at highway speeds. I honestly believed I was either rubbing or had 4 bad wheel bearings, even though neither was the case. I ended up selling them for not too much less than I paid after putting a solid 3,000 miles on them and getting a set of 235/45 Pilot Super Sports for the stock wheels instead. I don't regret that at all.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:49 AM   #14
HenRoc
Black Thunder

HenRoc seems to have made some friends! HenRoc seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HenRoc
I've always liked how you kept your rides clean. Looks good friend 👍hope all is well with you
1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video
HenRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 02:48 PM   #15
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

And this one goes to the sold pile.

It's the right thing to do, but I will definitely miss it.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:20 AM   #16
Accord R33
CB7 Tech. support

Accord R33 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to Accord R33
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordWarrior View Post
And this one goes to the sold pile.

It's the right thing to do, but I will definitely miss it.

You better not be replacing it with a mini van or some shit like that.

Edit: I just saw your other thread...another one bites the dust.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Last edited by Accord R33; 04-19-2016 at 01:18 PM.
Accord R33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:16 PM   #17
Ralphie
Stalker

Oh wow, I didn't see this.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:52 PM   #18
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord R33 View Post
You better not be replacing it with a mini van or some shit like that.

Edit: I just saw your other thread...another one bites the dust.
Eric! Hope all is well with you.

No, this was not replaced with a minivan. Another one isn't biting the dust. The CX-5 was bought in February, the STi was safely in the garage. I brought it out of hibernation on Saturday and it just hit me that I didn't want it anymore, or at least didn't want it as much as I wanted to see what else was out there.

Quote:
Oh wow, I didn't see this.
It's been a longer time coming than I'm willing to admit. It served me well, but it had issues popping up that I just didn't want to sink money into to go through properly. I'm on the hunt for something new, and it will hopefully be everything I want.

Requirements are:
- RWD
- Manual
- Removable roof (Targa / T-Tops / ETC)

Tier I (most likely one of these, in order)
- 1993-1998 Toyota Supra SE Targa (non-turbo) 5-speed
- 1990-1995 (1990-1993 perferred) Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo 5-speed
- 1989-1992 Toyota Supra Turbo Targa 5-speed

Tier II (worth driving, most likely not in my real choices)
- Honda S2000 (like the AP2 wheels more, think the AP1 redline would be more fun) with removable hardtop
- 1984-1996 Chevy Corvette (Z51 preferred) 5-speed
- 1990-1995 Toyota MR2 Turbo

Anything I buy would have to be an owner's fair weather car, since I live in the Northeast, or I'm taking a trip down South to pick one up. My pipe dream is a MkIV Supra simply because I love how they look, how realistic finding one for my budget, who knows. The MkIII Supra has the infamous head gasket issue, also coupled with most of the white ones I've found suffer from a burgundy interior, which is absolutely horrid. The Z32 doesn't have a great reputation when it comes to the ability to wrench on them, but I pretty much love how they look in stock form; make mine blue or black.

The second tier cars are ones that I'm not in love with for one reason or another, but I think I should give a fair shake in terms of driving. I have a soft spot for the early C4 for some reason, even though I know they're not great cars, especially with the Doug Nash 4+3, although I bet it would be a competitive Auto-X car. The S2000 is pretty much perfect, but I'm not a convertible guy. I drove Eric's and thought it was a blast. If they made a targa version, I'd be all in. The MR2 might be entertaining to check out, but I'm not a huge, huge fan of them.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:13 PM   #19
Boost_Lee
AoM - May 2009

Boost_Lee is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to Boost_Lee
Sad to see her go Mikey, she was well cared for. Best of luck on the next venture!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
11.68 @ 127mph
417whp/375wtq
Sold: 8/2016
Boost_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:31 PM   #20
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Lee View Post
Sad to see her go Mikey, she was well cared for. Best of luck on the next venture!
Thanks, Lee. It was fun, but it was time. When you know, you know.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: