CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Other Automotive > Other Automotive Members Rides

Old 07-11-2016, 09:30 PM   #1
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
AccordWarrior : 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road

Since someone took out my beloved 2013 Tacoma, I had to get a replacement. This one is a Double Cab Short Bed, unlike my last truck. I also opted for the Premium and Technology package, which gives me a sunroof and a host of other options. Unlike my old truck, this one is a 6-speed manual, which I am quite excited about. I salvaged as much as I could from the old truck, but I'm unsure what I will do with them. I still have my IPF front lamps, my CB setup and my Marty McFly style bed light bar.

Engine

- 3.5L
- 6spd Manual

Suspension

- 100% Stock

Wheels/Tires

- Stock, for now
- Toyota TRD "Beadlock" Wheels (owned, not yet on vehicle)

Interior

- OEM Floor Liners / Door Sill Protectors

ICE

- OEM Entune Premium system, including Nav

Exterior

- Debadged "Tacoma" on doors and "V6" on tailgate
- OEM bed mat
- OEM tonneau cover

Future Plans

- Mount TRD Beadlock wheels on 265/75-16 BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO2 Tires
- Most likely a host of other OEM / Aftermarket Accessories

Additional Photos :

Last edited by AccordWarrior; 10-25-2016 at 06:49 PM.
AccordWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:44 PM   #2
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Very nice! I wish they would have man the tundra manual. But definitely a nice upgrade.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:18 PM   #3
af_1132
CB7tuner Member

af_1132 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Skype™ to af_1132
Wow, lots of car purchases, man! The six speed manual is gold! I never liked the front end of these after the recent face lift, but it's a great package.

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
"Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
FS Thread

15.10 @ 90.42mph
The quest for 9s continues...or AutoX?
af_1132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:43 PM   #4
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by af_1132 View Post
Wow, lots of car purchases, man! The six speed manual is gold! I never liked the front end of these after the recent face lift, but it's a great package.
The Vette replaced the STi. The delta between what I sold the STi for and what I bought the Vette for would have paid off the truck. Unfortunately I got stuck having to buy a new truck after the moron crossed the center line and took out my truck. I loved it to absolute death and didn't plan on getting rid of it for a lot of years but my hand got forced.

This one makes a lot more sense for my future with real back seats. Admittedly the interior and head unit system a a LOT nicer than my old one but I do miss my lift / bumper / wheels and tires a ton. It was so nice having a completely unique truck. This one had to be stick though between my dislike of the transmission on the last one and the issues with the autos on the new one it made complete sense.

The Mazda is my wife's. After replacing 7 brake calipers in 2 years on her tC, I was done.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:49 PM   #5
domesticated
CB7tuner Member

domesticated seems to have made some friends!
This is a really nice package! Congrats!
Old 07-14-2016, 09:49 PM   #6
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticated View Post
This is a really nice package! Congrats!
Thanks!

It really could use some more tire, but at this point in my life, justifying $900 for a set of BFG KO2s when I have brand new tires is a bit...tough. I've got new wheels waiting when the time comes.

I want to lift the front, but Tacomas are very touchy with lifts. I had to get a special bushing for the front differential when I lifted my last one.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:59 PM   #7
domesticated
CB7tuner Member

I'm putting the Teraflex Prerunnner kit on my Jeep. But to run it the way it was tuned I need 35s instead of my stock 32s. But a 35 is 12.50 wide and I won't run those on stock wheels (some do). So then I need wheels. Falken Wildpeak MT 35s run about 270 shipped, good wheels are about the same. But it's a jeep so I need 5. So that's 2700 just for bigger tires. F me. My stock tires are 980 to replace plus mount and balance. Trucks get expensive quick lol. All said and done (shipping included), it's about 7100 to turn my Jeep into a Prerunner, and that's still with stock axles (D30HD front, non Rubi D44 rear).
Old 07-15-2016, 11:22 AM   #8
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticated View Post
I'm putting the Teraflex Prerunnner kit on my Jeep. But to run it the way it was tuned I need 35s instead of my stock 32s. But a 35 is 12.50 wide and I won't run those on stock wheels (some do). So then I need wheels. Falken Wildpeak MT 35s run about 270 shipped, good wheels are about the same. But it's a jeep so I need 5. So that's 2700 just for bigger tires. F me. My stock tires are 980 to replace plus mount and balance. Trucks get expensive quick lol. All said and done (shipping included), it's about 7100 to turn my Jeep into a Prerunner, and that's still with stock axles (D30HD front, non Rubi D44 rear).
Yeah. My wheels were something like $900 this go round. I kept the spare from my '13, so I will only need 4 tires. I think I had about $2,000 into wheels/tires with my old one.

How do the differentials hold up to the larger tires? My good friend has an Xterra and while he'd have no physical issues fitting a 285, the diffs hate it. I'd have to cut my body to do 285s so I have no interest in that.

Last edited by AccordWarrior; 07-15-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:27 AM   #9
domesticated
CB7tuner Member

To my knowledge the diffs do just fine, it's all the other stuff that breaks first.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:49 PM   #10
lucifer1
CB7tuner Member

lucifer1 seems to have made some friends! lucifer1 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordWarrior View Post
Thanks!
I want to lift the front, but Tacomas are very touchy with lifts. I had to get a special bushing for the front differential when I lifted my last one.
I do wiring work for Icon and their stuff seems pretty nice. I wired up the lights and fridge on their 2016 tacoma.
lucifer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:20 AM   #11
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1 View Post
I do wiring work for Icon and their stuff seems pretty nice. I wired up the lights and fridge on their 2016 tacoma.
Very nice!

I had the Icon progressive AAL setup on my last Tacoma and loved it.

I want to go a bit crazy with this one, but unfortunately the budget is not going to allow that one to happen.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:48 PM   #12
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

New grille time!

Looks SO much better than the OEM one as seen here:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: