X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So basically I am dieing at 25 ......

F-up up my back at work

Went to doctor for first time in 8 years

First visit high blood pressure in the initial exam... Tells me to wait a week and rest it and see what happens with back

Wait a week ... Still pain

Have second exam... high blood pressure again .... Tells me to give it another week

Wait a week... Still pain

Have the third exam... High blood pressure... 150/90... Tells me I need to go to physical therapy for back... OKAY GOOD... something that might help besides the waiting for it to heal/heel?..

Now I need to go to another doctor for the Fd up blood pressure...

I am not fat at all
    I don't smoke
    I don't drink

My father is 55 and has had two strokes and has high blood pressure. He is not fat and doesn't drink/smoke.

My mother is morbidly obese so I assume she has high blood pressure... Don't know don't really talk to her..

My grand father on my fathers side died from a heart condition ... At 80? Had a pacemaker before.... But he was 7ft 5in so his heart had to work pretty hard.

So basically genetically I am fucked. And my back is messed up... I can barely move/ stand for more than ten minutes..

Chiropractors man. Chiropractors.

Saved my back. I could barely walk when I went for the first time last June. I couldn't stand upright, and was all crooked to the side. He took x-rays and did range of motion (that part was a laugh, he told me to lean to the left, I did and the top of my spine was still to the right.)

He told me he could whack me in the back with a shovel and it would probably help. *jokingly of course*

A day late he adjusted my back for the first time. I got up from the table and stood straight upright!!!! took two steps and it was out again, but i knew there was hope.

I went three times a week for four weeks, then twice a week for four weeks, then once a week for four weeks, then twice a month, and now i'm down to once a month.

Most health insurance providers have coverage for chiropractors.

Seriously I would recommend going to see a chiropractor. So far it's been worth every penny. I can now function again.

Oh, and I'm 23.

As for the blood pressure. I would think when you are in extreme pain your blood pressure would be higher than normal... So, it might not be an accurate reading.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

High blood pressure and heart problems can be very hereditary. This doesn't mean that you are going die young necessarily though. High blood pressure doesn't always have to do with being over weight either there are many things that can contribute to high blood pressure including but not exclusively diet, stress, heredity, and sedentary lifestyle which doesn't mean you are going to be over weight. There are a lot of things you can do to control your blood pressure like medication not that you want that at 25, stress reduction techniques, diet modification, exercise, and many more things. As for your back I have many family members with back problems and I know that isn't fun. So I hope you can get that all sorted out soon and get healed up. I hope it all works out for you.
      [/url]

Comment

The blood pressure and heart problems are hereditary. Back problems are no fun and I've had them since I was 15. I'm assuming you have lower back pain? There are very good physical therapy techniques that can cure it, but if you have a more serious issue like an injured disk then you need to get help.

My swap thread
        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

first time you went to your doctor in 8 years?!

you should be doing a routine check up at least once a year.

I agree with mtnbikaah, go see a chiro, dosnt hurt to try. if that fails...ask for medicinal marijuana.
          ..[CB7][STAR]..
          MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

I haven't been to a doctor in over 10 years

Comment

damn dude..and id say your pretty fit. No homo.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

There is meds for HBP so no worries there. If its genetic your only help will be meds since that dieting and exercise might not help ( or it might help). As for the back, physio therapy and chiropractors will get you all fixed up
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

i think grape seed vitamins are good for the heart and blood. OD on that stuff!

no
                  Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                  $30 HID kits here Thread
                  "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                  "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I understand how you feel about the genetically-inherited problems; all four of my grandparents have high BP, high cholesterol, high sugar, have potbellies, and are diabetic. My father is in excellent shape but still picked up diabetes right when he turned 50.

I'm technically screwed - but I'm staying positive, eating right, and working out constantly to postpone any problems. I don't have much advice for you about your back, but I do know that physical therapy goes a long way if you are determined.
                    Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                    2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                    2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

I'm 36 and I'm seeing a cardiologist because of some kind of chest pain and slight lightheadedness. When I went the first time, they said my bloodpressure was a little high and I may have palpitations. I had pneumonia twice and now this! I know my moms side of the family doesn't have any heart problems but, I never known my dad or his side of the family. I just hope in the next visit, everything's fine.
                      my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
                      MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

Chiropractor will help your back alot.

As for the other issues. You need to drink MonaVie Pulse, it's packed with tons of antioxidants, plant sterols, resveratrol (more than wine) and proven to lower cholesterol and blood pressure and prevent general heart disease.....which is America's number 1 killer btw.

MonaVie is my wife and my's home business and I know ppl will think I'm just trying to "sell" you something. Fact is we're helping tons of people get healthy and feel better than ever before. If you want a healthier life, you NEED to check it out before disregarding it.

www.monavie.com
                        bsponds.mymonavie.com
                        www.monaviepulse.com

Chiropractor then drink the Pulse to help your body maintain a very halthy heart. Good stuff!
                        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

I started taking blood pressure meds since i was 22, been taking them for about 7 years now.

You'll get used to them once you start the only thing is i take mine before going to bed but oddly everyone else that i talk said that they take them in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
                            id say your pretty fit.
                            I see what you did there...

150/90 isnt anything to flip a bitch about. It is high, especially if you waited 3 weeks. Perhaps you smoke or drink or do any other kind of thing as such. How's your diet? Salt raises bp. Soda, tv dinners, canned foods, anything frozen or pre-packaged is loaded with it.

Id say, after this whole back thing, work on a diet or talk to the doc and see what you can do change it. Worse case scenario they'll put you on pills.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

*UPDATE*

Go to the doctor once a year lol

I went to get the blood pressure checked today and it was 170/100

So I am on meds now...

I am like 5ft 9in and a half lol 167lbs not fat (The doctor made a comment like "You clearly aren't over weight", Like I was a skinny bish)

Its all genetic in my case..

Comment

Working...
                              X