Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why MTV doesn't play music videos anymore

Discuss.

That last bit where he talked about us getting old and no longer relevant or useful to pop culture....

...true.

Brutally so. As sad and sucky as it seems, we're no longer in the 11-18 ages. We're not even 18-25 anymore. We're pushing 30. Our friends are having kids and getting married and we're getting old.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Nothing wrong with being young at heart...

BTW MTV BLOWS! It has been going down hill since the late 90s. Damn reality TV shows and disposable stars.

Comment

I remember getting ready for school and throwing on MTV to watch the music videos before school started.

Comment

MTV should change their name, since there is no longer "M" in MTV. What were some of the shows, not reality shows that they used to have on there? I remember Yo, MTV Raps, 60 Minutes (or whatever the metal show was). Anyone remember Remote Control with Adam Sandler and Colin Quinn? That was a funny show.

Anyone remember the show In Living Color? LOVED IT!!

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
            MTV should change their name, since there is no longer "M" in MTV. What were some of the shows, not reality shows that they used to have on there? I remember Yo, MTV Raps, 60 Minutes (or whatever the metal show was). Anyone remember Remote Control with Adam Sandler and Colin Quinn? That was a funny show.

Anyone remember the show In Living Color? LOVED IT!!
            I used to watch In Living Color back in the early 90s, i think i was in second grade when it first came on.

Comment

damn in living color? thats where Jlo first spread her legs I mean her wings

Comment

I remember toking with friends just chilling watching MTV back in the day ... Now it is RTV RealityTeleVision.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                  damn in living color? thats where Jlo first spread her legs I mean her wings
                  She was one of the fly girls dancing in the background wasn't she?

Comment

^yup i was 8 or so but I remember the show it was boring to me, but when i got older it was slightly entertaining now; Im sure it'll be real lame and boring. I just got caught in that year where im not old enough to be cool or young enough to be hip :/

Comment

I blame " The real world".
                      Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Speaking of The Real World. Anyone remember the season with Puck and what was the virgin's name, something like Elka, or am I mistaken?

Comment

they do play music videos. its not on mtv, mtv2. its on mtvu and mtv jams. they started to make money and they branched off. nothing wrong with that i say

Comment

All they show now is that stupid Teen Mom crap and Jersey Shore....looks like they'll be no more of that after that hurricane.

Don't they have an MTV2 that does videos still?

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

For me, MTV2 just plays re-runs of old MTV shows like Rob & Big, Pimp My Ride, and Fantasy Factory, Jackass, etc.

MTV3 or tres appeals to the Latino audience like mun2 does. Speaking of mun2, they used to play music videos too, but appealed to Hispanics because they played reggaeton and had bi-lingual hosts. Now they've also gone the way of different reality shows.

For my cable provider, MTV playlists is the only channel that plays music videos anymore, non-stop, all the time. VH1 rarely does, sometimes CMT plays music videos, Fuse puts videos on sometimes.

In my opinion, I was too young to watch MTV anyway so I don't really care that they don't play music videos anymore. I only watched MTV for the shows I listed above. The corporate guy acted like an in your face dick but was right about watching music videos on youtube. That's where they all are and it's easier than waiting for your favorite one to play on TV when you can just search for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X