Road Rage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
    I got off at exit 28 (for you locals it's Treble Cove Road in Billerica)
    Should of called me.. I would of took him out..

after my job interview.
    What!... Where?

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
      Good thinking Henry, that's some scary shit to come across.
      Man you have no idea..it seem like it was something straight out of a movie.

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      well, i wouldn't of risked other people nor my life, i would've pulled over as soon as i can and try and confront him. most people are tough guys until you stop and get out of the car. unfortunately, that's the point of time where a lot of people get shot or beat to death.

if it's your time to go then you can't fight it.
      Yeah..especially when you have a 5k lb SUV chasing you around there was no way I was getting out of the car, once he realized I wasn't fucking around and I had called the State Police he hung back and put on his hazards.

This guy had the worst case of road rage..when I had gone around him earlier he actually tried to hit my car and tried to force to me to hit the center median.

When I met up with local PD he was pretty much fucked.

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
      Should of called me.. I would of took him out..

What!... Where?
      You know I thought about going to your house...I really did. I was trying to get to Route 4, but I couldn't get away. I could've easily lost him going thru Chelmsford into Carlisle.

Oh I got a part time job to make some extra $$
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

That is a crazy story Henry, I can def. relate, had a very similar situation happen to me years ago in Burlington. I know the exact feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by stevediraddo View Post
          some people are just fucked in the head. people like that are why i keep a heavy steel pipe under my seat, just in case
          This is why I carry a Walther PPK/S with Federal Hydra-shok ammunition, and one in the chamber.

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          well, i wouldnt of risked other people nor my life, i wouldve pulled over as soon as i can and try and confront him. most people are tough guys until you stop and get out of the car. unfortunately, thats the point of time where a lot of people get shot or beat to death.

if it's your time to go then you can't fight it.
          In a moral sense I agree with this, but from a legality standpoint you could be screwed for this. Though, if you try and lose him for long enough, and inform the police, then pull over and he tries to get out and come after you, I believe this could be considered fearing for your life (as he had tried to run you off the road and such), and making a reasonable attempt to avoid the confrontation.

That is a crazy situation though. I had something similar happen to me several years ago. At one point we were going 120+ mph on the interstate. Luckily we slowly started to pull away from the guy and lost him on some back roads we were familiar with. In retrospect we probably should have called the cops sooner than we did, but in the end it all worked out.
          _C'est La Vie, C'est La Mort_

Comment

any updates on what happened to the other driver?

Comment

What a masshole.

Comment

WOW that's a scary situation!! i'm glad that you handled it the way you did and got a way from him while the cops held him back. i haven't been in that kind of a situation, and hope it never happens to me but i hope if it does ever happen that i handle it the same way that you did (i am also thinking about getting myself atleast one camera for the front and maybe one facing the back as well after being rear ended September.)
                1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

When I was in college which was way back in the late 1980s, in Miami, some kid took his father's Posche 911 on a date and he was tail gating me 2AM in the morning. No one was on the freeway. The way he drove, I thought he was one of those gang members that was trying to car jack me. I pulled to the farthest right lane and let him by but he insisted on getting behind me. I had my black 1988 Corvette and definitely didn't want to race other than on the track. I was taking my gf out after my finals and heading over to my bud's place so he can tune the car for the weekend track meet. So as he gets real close, at the heat of the moment, I stomped on the brakes and his frontend smashed into my rear. My gf got out of the car really fast and start taking pictures with her camera like crazy, that's her hobby. The guy was practically crying b/c you know what would happen when his Dad finds out, grounded for life. I asked him to exchange information but he refused. It's funny that my gf actually took a few pictures at the clock in the car for time reference. I reported the incident to the police the next day then to my insurance. A week later, the police asked for the pictures my gf took. As it turned out, the kid was driving with a permit only and he needed his Dad to be in the car with him. He was only 15. Well his Dad was fined heavily, the damage to my car was like nothing. A little scratch that I polished off easily. The dumb kid drove the Posche home which I think had radiator damage as I saw steam came out of the smashed hood. His frontend was practically half smashed in. I guess the car was totaled.
                  I now live in CA now and road rage and stupid drivers are a normal thing in SoCal. You always have to drive defensively, no matter how good of a driver you are. Now that I am unemployed and my CB is the fastest thing that I own now, I have to be really careful. I am a very good driver but I cannot say for those little Asian ladies that drive gigantic SUVs. I park far out and walk instead of putting my car at risk. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                    any updates on what happened to the other driver?
                    No. I went to the local PD where the MSP had told me to stop. I asked if they filled out a report for it..but I was told the officer would be calling me sometime this week.

I retraced my steps yesterday on the ride home. Hard to believe it but that shit was all too real. I didn't realize how much of a close call it was. I guess when you have adrenaline pumping so hard..you just get this severe tunnel vision.

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                    When I was in college which was way back in the late 1980s, in Miami, some kid took his father's Porsche 911 on a date and he was tail gating me 2AM in the morning. No one was on the freeway.

The way he drove, I thought he was one of those gang members that was trying to car jack me. I pulled to the farthest right lane and let him by but he insisted on getting behind me. I had my black 1988 Corvette and definitely didn't want to race other than on the track.

I was taking my girlfriend out after my finals and heading over to my bud's place so he can tune the car for the weekend track meet. So as he gets real close, at the heat of the moment, I stomped on the brakes and his front end smashed into my rear. My girlfriend got out of the car really fast and start taking pictures with her camera like crazy, that's her hobby.

The guy was practically crying because you know what would happen when his Dad finds out, grounded for life. I asked him to exchange information but he refused. It's funny that my girlfriend actually took a few pictures at the clock in the car for time reference.

I reported the incident to the police the next day then to my insurance. A week later, the police asked for the pictures my gf took. As it turned out, the kid was driving with a permit only and he needed his Dad to be in the car with him. He was only 15. Well his father was fined heavily, the damage to my car was like nothing. A little scratch that I polished off easily.

The dumb kid drove the Porsche home which I think had radiator damage as I saw steam came out of the smashed hood. His front end was practically half smashed in. I guess the car was totaled.

I now live in CA now and road rage and stupid drivers are a normal thing in Southern California. You always have to drive defensively, no matter how good of a driver you are. Now that I am unemployed and my CB is the fastest thing that I own now, I have to be really careful.

I am a very good driver but I cannot say for those little Asian ladies that drive gigantic SUVs. I park far out and walk instead of putting my car at risk. Lol.

Cool story..athough, I dunno if I believe he was the gang banger type from the 80s..I mean would this be classified as a gang banger?

Picture taking at the time would've consisted of this:

So unless you really drove this:

And you girlfriend looked like this:

And you rocked this (Miami Vice reference):

And jammed out to this:

This story doesn't seem to fit right in this thread..so unless your:

And just went back in time with this (BTTF reference):

Good show...too bad you're story was a huge run on sentence that I had to break up so I can fully read and understand it.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

^ Most epic post in site history.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                        ^ Most epic post in site history.
                        eh..Idk the guy but the story sounds way too good to be true.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        Legend FSM

Comment

That was a crazy and scary situation... but that was even more awesome handling on your part. I'm awe struck you did not panic and instead resorted to bravery. I award you this :

.-=========-.
                          \'-=======-'/
                          _| .=. |_
                          ((| {{1}} |))
                          \| /|\ |/
                          \__ '`' __/
                          _`) (`_
                          _/_______\_
                          /___________\

Edit: It was supposed to be a trophie to make you feel better. The ascii art won't stay together

||91 Accord EX|| All of my images are hosted courtesy of imageShack.com
                          Door-Sensor fix (DIY)||Interfacing Arduino to Power locks
                          RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.
                          "The greatest advantage of speaking the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said." - unknown
                          "That's the funny thing about parts that break... they're never broken until they are!" -deevergote

Comment

Originally posted by Kamatari+ View Post
                            That was a crazy and scary situation... but that was even more awesome handling on your part. I'm awe struck you did not panic and instead resorted to bravery. I award you this :

.-=========-.
                            \'-=======-'/
                            _| .=. |_
                            ((| {{1}} |))
                            \| /|\ |/
                            \__ '`' __/
                            _`) (`_
                            _/_______\_
                            /___________\

Edit: It was supposed to be a trophie to make you feel better. The ascii art won't stay together
                            I tried to do a quick ascii art for a post like two days ago, and it (the site) kills spaces. No double+ spacing for us
                            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                              i Tried To Do A Quick Ascii Art For A Post Like Two Days Ago, And It (the Site) Kills Spaces. No Double+ Spacing For Us

.-=========-.
                              .\'-=======-'/
                              ....._| .=. |_
                              ..((| {{1}} |))
                              .....\| /|\ |/
                              ....\__ '`' __/
                              ......_`) (`_
                              ..._/_______\_
                              ./___________\

theres always a way

Originally posted by mr_naler
                              This is why I carry a Walther PPK/S with Federal Hydra-shok ammunition, and one in the chamber.
                              Canada = no guns (except in locked boxes at your house)

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Thats crazy as hell! I am glad your alright though and even more glad that this jackass is getting whats coming to him. Something similar happened to my Mom when we lived on the east coast and she was working in Chester PA. Only thing she did was drive straight to the police station with this dude on her ass the whole time and yelling curses and what not to her.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Working...
                                X