went ice racing today and friends STI breaks ICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

went ice racing today and friends STI breaks ICE

Don't know the exact details on what happened but when my runs were up people were running to opposite side of the lake. To my understanding STi was driving around away from course and goes thru ice. It took them a couple hours to get it out.

that'll ruin your day.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Damn whoever was driving was REALLY lucky it didn't go all the way through.

Depending on temps, you could have as little as minutes until hypothermia sets in.

Luckily no one was hurt.

Car is probably salvageable.

Comment

bad news is that when they tried pulling it out the car was 60% submerged. The front went down and the interior took in more water.

Comment

Psh. Look at those tires. I'd have just told him to put it in drive and pull himself out.
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

don't think that would of worked it was 2 degrees and ice was very thin around the car

Comment

Oh shit. Atleast that is only a Fail and not an Epic Fail.

Comment

Damm that suck i figured if they tried to pull it it would go in deeper that SUCKS!

^^MY OLD RIDE
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

I want those studded tires on my car. Those are scary!

Comment

That sucks man! so is that as deep as it was in?

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

damn talk about threading on the edge. surprized that it diddnt fall thru after all that time trying to get it out.

93 Accord SE
                      02 Highlander Limited

Comment

I've seen subaru driving on icy lakes on ads and commercials. But i never thought it would get stuck in one untill now!!!....Just hoppe the car still starting....
                        VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                        1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                        MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

why couldnt he just grab my p5 and trash it. id be happy with that car. i wonder if insurance will cover that LULZ

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                          Damn whoever was driving was REALLY lucky it didn't go all the way through.

Depending on temps, you could have as little as minutes until hypothermia sets in.

Luckily no one was hurt.

Car is probably salvageable.
                          honestly, the shock from the cold might do the most damage before hypothermia sets in. although hypothermia is a huge factor. just image the car sinking in that cold water...you are trapped in your car. normally you'd have your window pick to bust out and swim away. that cold REALLY does affect everything. it really is a good thing nothing happened!
                          Last edited by Law Grandeur; 01-17-2011, 10:08 AM.

no
                          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                          $30 HID kits here Thread
                          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

now THAT sucks. poor car...at least the driver was alright

life is good.

Comment

No matter how many stickers you slap on a Subbie you can never be as good as McRae.
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X