Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

is this a good deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty Much any Rockford amp for 200 is a good deal. I have yet to see a single Rockford amp come back at my shop.

Audiobahn is also pretty good, but since they went out of business most of the stuff is pretty old, and you gotta be careful with subs.

Still, I'd go for it if the amp is in good condition.

MECP Certified Installation Supervisor

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
    Traded with: Cb7xChun
    Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
    Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
    My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
      Pretty Much any Rockford amp for 200 is a good deal. I have yet to see a single Rockford amp come back at my shop.

Audiobahn is also pretty good, but since they went out of business most of the stuff is pretty old, and you gotta be careful with subs.

Still, I'd go for it if the amp is in good condition.

MECP Certified Installation Supervisor
      haha and how long have you been doin car audio???? i have put trockford in and and i have pulled a ton out.....

audiobahn is complete SHIT anyone who knows quality knows that audiobahn isnyt anywhere close to that.
      Members Ride sold...
      I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

even tho you dont know any model numbers i'd say its a decent deal

i would try to talk him down a few bucks anyway

i love rockford amps and i have never had a problem with any that i have installed

audibahn subs are ok

but for the price i would get them

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
          haha and how long have you been doin car audio???? i have put trockford in and and i have pulled a ton out.....

audiobahn is complete SHIT anyone who knows quality knows that audiobahn isnyt anywhere close to that.

Goin on around 8 years. Maybe I've been lucky I suppose. But I also hear alot of people talking about Kicker like its so great and all ive seen is horrible. So who knows. In any case even here with our fairly warm temps all year around in the south I have yet to see a RF amp go bad or overheat...Alpine and pioneer on the other hand...dont get me started on Sony....

And I havent deakt too much with audiobahn but what Ive heard sounded pretty good.Good enough to be considered a good deal when packaged with a RF amp for $200.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
          Traded with: Cb7xChun
          Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
          Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
          My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
            Goin on around 8 years. Maybe I've been lucky I suppose. But I also hear alot of people talking about Kicker like its so great and all ive seen is horrible. So who knows. In any case even here with our fairly warm temps all year around in the south I have yet to see a RF amp go bad or overheat...Alpine and pioneer on the other hand...dont get me started on Sony....

And I havent deakt too much with audiobahn but what Ive heard sounded pretty good.Good enough to be considered a good deal when packaged with a RF amp for $200.
            just because an amp is RF doesnt mean its worth 200 bucks... and audiobahn is worth about as much as the scrap yard will offer. and what brands does your shop carry just curious?

and i have seen plently of RF shit go bad and well kicker was good years and years ago but just another cookie cutter now days.
            Members Ride sold...

Comment

ok i just found out that the hes giving me 2 amps one is 900 watts and the other one is 600.... good??? or not good??

Comment

See if you can get any model numbers. But, if the amps aren't blown, I'd say go for it.

I've been messing around with car audio since I was 17, I'm 33 now, I've seen a lot of money wasted on bullshit. Like Boss, holy shit! complete garbage. Then again, I've seen a ton of money wasted on JL 13w series woofers, great for sound quality, garbage for spl. Yeah, I tend to stay away from, or steer people clear of Sony amps and subs, or Kenwood amps and subs, the head units aren't bad, I've got a Kenwood Excelon unit in my cb right now.

Kicker is a good brand, as was stated, a lot of newer stuff isn't as good as they claim it to be. Old school power can't be beat.
                I like Rockford, 1, it's made in America, 2, they give you a birth sheet, and 3, I've never had any issues with Rockford, have had quite a few of their amps, woofers, head units and a couple eq's.

I didn't know Audiobahn went out of business, weird.

Bottom line, if an amp says it puts out 1000 watts, and it's only 100 dollars, avoid it. Those amps may not put out much more power than a head unit would.

And on that note, good luck with the purchase

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                  See if you can get any model numbers. But, if the amps aren't blown, I'd say go for it.

I've been messing around with car audio since I was 17, I'm 33 now, I've seen a lot of money wasted on bullshit. Like Boss, holy shit! complete garbage. Then again, I've seen a ton of money wasted on JL 13w series woofers, great for sound quality, garbage for spl. Yeah, I tend to stay away from, or steer people clear of Sony amps and subs, or Kenwood amps and subs, the head units aren't bad, I've got a Kenwood Excelon unit in my cb right now.

Kicker is a good brand, as was stated, a lot of newer stuff isn't as good as they claim it to be. Old school power can't be beat.
                  I like Rockford, 1, it's made in America, 2, they give you a birth sheet, and 3, I've never had any issues with Rockford, have had quite a few of their amps, woofers, head units and a couple eq's.

I didn't know Audiobahn went out of business, weird.

Bottom line, if an amp says it puts out 1000 watts, and it's only 100 dollars, avoid it. Those amps may not put out much more power than a head unit would.

And on that note, good luck with the purchase
                  just a little info here all of the mid 08 stuff that came out for memphis is now coming with birthsheets lol......

oh yeah audiobahn went out buiz from no money they stop doin warranty work and then didnt have enuff RD in the product other how to make the shit look pretty and say BLING STEAL ME!!!!!
                  Members Ride sold...

Comment

from some of the posts it doesn't seem like you're to worried about having subs, just that you feel like you should since lots of others have them.
                    if that's the case, you may want to put that $200 towards nicer speakers in your car. you'll get better overall sound quality, instead of just a bunch of bass and not really that great of quality overall.

just something else to think about as you make your decision.

i have just the 4 speakers in my car, and the sound is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by v-dub View Post
                      dude ive seen people go to wallmart and buy an entire system for 200.. and they got sony and alpine i meen nothin to tickle my fancy but you know .. wallmart will be a better friend than him anyway you get a recepit at wallmart

walmart sells crap u'd end up returning i was there on boxing day lame equipment.

Im a bass freak an Walmart jsut doesn't cut it
                      Last edited by GearBangnAccord; 01-14-2009, 09:47 PM.
                      Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Audiobahn subs pound great if they're in the right box with the right amount of power.....but you need do research everything before you buy....those subs are for more stereo experienced people.....

Comment

i got sony's that pound and all the ppl i talked to bout sony ragged on em till the heard em in my car

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Im paying my bro for two 12" rockford's, ones a T1 and a P2 I think, 400 RMS alpine amp, the box, and a capacitor. $500. He paid over $700 for it a year ago, and ive had it in my CB for about 8 months. And ive only paid him $50 so far, Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by eazyduzit509 View Post
                              Im paying my bro for two 12" rockford's, ones a T1 and a P2 I think, 400 RMS alpine amp, the box, and a capacitor. $500. He paid over $700 for it a year ago, and ive had it in my CB for about 8 months. And ive only paid him $50 so far, Haha.
                              ur lucky cuz its ur bro

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

$500 is still alot of moola. I wanted 2 15" L7's, but evan on ebay and amp to power it, the box and the subs were well over $800, and thats the lowest I could find. Go to a dealer for that and you'l no doubt spend over $1000... Like Nine_deuce said, I to prefer kicker and rockford, and don't buy a shity walmart amp, my brother works there and gets more audio stuff returned than anything... And says the amps suck. You really do get what you pay for.

Comment

Working...
                                X