Cruise Control not engaging.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Control not engaging.

Ok. My cruise control suddenly not working. The green light on the switch turns on. But when pressing set, it does not work.
    Anyone has any ideas what could be the problem? I don't see any vacuum leak nor any disconnections that I could see.
    The little plastic on the brake pedal broke recently and my rear brake lights stay on. So I put the penny to cover up the hole to avoid the brake lights from staying on.

Thanks.

There's another little bumper like that on the clutch pedal for the cruise control. You can check if that one fell of too

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
      There's another little bumper like that on the clutch pedal for the cruise control. You can check if that one fell of too
      I have an automatic, so no clutch.

Comment

When you press set, try pressing the accelerator button and see if your pedal moves forward.

Also, check that the actuator is connected correctly. It may be a vacuum leak or a badly adjusted line.
        sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Check fuse 1, 4 and 25.

Also, you need to adjust the pedal seitch since a penny is thinner than the rubber stopper.

- Loosen the swirch and thread it all the way down with the thread touncing the penny.

- Now back it off between 1/3 - 1mm and tighten down. (0.012 - 0.039 in)

- Test drive. Also make sure the brake lights turn off as well.

Hope that helps.
          Last edited by djcaz_aom; 08-23-2015, 06:34 AM.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

This happened on our car and the plastic bumper falling off did cause the cruise control to stop working. Once we replaced the part with a similar piece, everything worked just fine.

Comment

Cool. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X