<a href="http://www.ilovebodykits.com">Body Kits</a>

Comment

Forgot the OEM prelude rear lip

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
          1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

Originally posted by kosheen1 View Post

Do you know any info on the install of this one?
            Is it direct or did it need modifying.

Curious cuz it looks really good on a CB.

Comment

I love the prelude lip need more info on the install
              My 90 coupe Mr thread....
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Originally posted by kosheen1 View Post

I am also requesting more info on that lip please. Whos car is that anyways?

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
                Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

Any info yet on the bb6 rear lip?

Comment

Bump fot the question
                    92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

I smell another Legend Lip style plauge....

I tried this awhile back with a aftermarket Wings West rear lip when I almost gave up hope with a Sigma lip and I guess I'll report my findings so nobody will waste their money. Note: this was for a aftermarket Wings West rear lip which is very similiar to the Type-S style oem rear lip.

I can tell you that the 97up prelude rear lip is shorter than the CB7 92-93 rear lip by about a little over a inch on both sides. It's not a direct bolt-on affair. The prelude's ass is pretty much square like a CB7s but it's a different width and length altogether.

My guess is the rear bumper was shaved to accomodate the lip or it was possible it has been extended. I think it will have a better chance fitting a 90-91 rear bumper more than a 92-93 since it's more square and flush. The oem and aftermarket prelude lips will also need to be modded because it has tabs. You can kinda see a gap where the person mounted the rear lip. The lip needs to be bent and shaped accordingly to the bumper.

From the picture it appears he fitted this to a 92-93 bumper. It looked like he mounted it higher above where it meets the actual butt of the bumper. If you tried to attach this to the OEM lip like a sigma, it would possibly get in the way of the Exhaust arch.

The 92-93 rear lip also is also "flared" unlike the flat 90-91 oem rear lip so the lip won't sit directly flush against against the bumper. This is the same reason why there are variants for rear bumper lips such as the sigma and xenon. The 92-93 especially with it's flare pushes the lip out which could save about a 1-2cm of space of fitting better.

Another possibility would be cutting the CB7 oem rear lip off altogether and shaping it to the bumper.

Conclusion: It's possible if you want to do some bodywork to make it fit and look right. But this is not a throw on deal. (92-93) confirmed anyways. Maybe someone can try a 90-91. Maybe I can find the spoiler in my storage and snap pics for the people who want to try and go for it..but I think it's more of a hassle than what its worth.
                      Last edited by Warudakumi; 07-09-2011, 06:55 AM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                      JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                      1994 Prelude V-Tec
                      1999 CL 3.0
                      2000 Prelude
                      2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                      1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                      1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                      1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

do you need to bend the bb6 rear lip much? I want to pick one up but its FRP and I don't wanna break it cuz it's kinda priceeeyyyy o_o
                        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                          do you need to bend the bb6 rear lip much? I want to pick one up but its FRP and I don't wanna break it cuz it's kinda priceeeyyyy o_o
                          Just wait for picture references... I'll see if I can find the lip in my storage on my weekend. You don't have to bend it too much... but it's definitely shorter and u have to get creative. It's not like putting a legend front lip at all. There will be gaps.

Thats why I mentioned the possibility of better fitment on a 90-91 bumper or custom bodywork to make it look more legit.

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
                          1999 CL 3.0
                          2000 Prelude

Comment

As promised.....

Didn't get a chance this past weekend but I couldn't sleep after having too much Oi Ocha

I want to make a correction and state that the lip I have in possession isn't a authentic Wings West but a knock-off that has a added a styling cue in the middle that makes it almost look like a reversed JDM CB Vision front lip. On the net it's called a P1 style. Side by side it's pretty much the same as any Prelude OE or WW fat extended rear skirt.

Anyways on to the pictures: This is a comparison next to a authentic Sigma rear lip.

Don't let the picture fool you! Yes the CB7 rear lip is indeed more wider!

Here you can see my mockup of the BB6 lip if it were mounted as an attachment to the stock CB7 lip like the Sigma. See how the curves of the bumper throw off the lip already? You can get one side to match up but will come up short more than an 2inches it seems. Bending the lip will and getting it to conform to the CB7 bumper would probably involve a lot of work.

In this picture you can see what I'm talking about if the CB7 OE lip were to be cut off entirely. It may just work...but again with no OE lip to hang on, you will need to get creative with molding the skirt to the bumper. Judging by the ^ with the BB6 lip already installed, It appears he mounted the lip higher up where it meets the butt of the bumper. Only things I can see doing to make the install easier would be to split the lip into two pieces and extend or mold it to the bumper.

Any other questions feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them JDMaccordingly

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
                            1999 CL 3.0
                            2000 Prelude

Comment

sounds like this lip will work with mud flaps Just cut slits into the bumper and slide that lip in!

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                                sounds like this lip will work with mud flaps Just cut slits into the bumper and slide that lip in!
                                Hey ikayto, I took my mudflaps off a long time ago but nope... even with mudflaps it's not as easy as it looks. When I get time I'll get more pics. This lip cannot be wrapped around the OEM accord built in lip...especially on a 92-93 because how it flares. Thats why I mentioned actually cutting the oem lip.

If you look at the first picture, you can see how short it comes up if you were to wrap it around the OEM lip like a sigma. If I were to evenly place it on top of the bumper it looks like it may fit however the OEM lip would need to be cut.

When I get more time i'll show the difference between the 90-91 and 92-93 fitment. I have a spare 90-91 rear bumper and I may just cut it for $htz and giggles....
                                Last edited by Kurobei; 07-19-2011, 04:19 AM.
                                I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                                707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                                "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Working...
                                X