Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ABS pulsing when accelerating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS pulsing when accelerating

I finally got my car running and driving good enough to go for an actually shake down drive and ended up finding out that there was a coolant leak. I've had a similar situation happen with another of these cars so i knew where to look. Whoever owned it before me changed the water pump and decided to put rtv on the pump o-ring and coolant started going around or under it. I replaced the water pump and the timing components and had a bunch of problems once i got it back together. Long story short I ended up having to replace the throttle position sensor and that solved my erratic idle problem for the most part. Ithink i messed up the plug because it'll go from running fine to crap randomly as its running, almost like a wire is loose in the connector. My current problem is that it'll get up to like 5 miles per hour and the ABS decides to kick and and pump the brakes. I can get it up to like 15-20 mph and then it just kinda stops being able to accelerate because of the ABS. I've done a fair bit of learning on these cars as far as basic maintenance but with ABS i have no idea where to start. It drove fine before I changed the timing stuff so i haven't the slightest clue whats causing my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is it just the pump running, or are you saying the system is actually applying the brakes? If I remember my EX/SE cars, I think the system primes the accumulator when you first start driving; does this happen only when you first start driving, then doesn't happen again while you're driving?
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

It seems like they’re pumping and once I get up to a certain speed they clamp down hard enough to stop it from accelerating.

Comment

Check your wheel speed sensors and reluctor rings. I'd imagine something like this would happen if the wrong axles were used. Make sure yours have the little toothed rings on the outer boot.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Alright finally had some time to mess with the car again and reset the tps and got the car to run well for like 150 feet worth of driving. I got it to do the pulsing again and the abs light came on and is staying on. I took the relay out and got the 1-2 code which makes sense because the freaky wasn’t connected. But now with the relay in and whit the the connector jumped all it does is stay lit. I also now have a cel 14 for the IACV. Any thoughts on a possible cause? I’m at a loss as to me changing the timing and water pump could have caused this. I’ve pulled the timing covers off and checked the timing of the cam and used a timing light to check spark timing and both of those check out. There’s a worse hesitation to raise rpm and it won’t move itself in reverse I just had to give it some help to get back up on my driveway.

Comment

I checked the connectors for the front and rear sensors and they’re all plugged in and the front axles have the reluctor rings on them. I haven’t changed anything brakes driveline or suspension wise so I’d imagine that most of the parts are original but they might not be. I unplugged the IACV and the idle still fluctuates a little bit is that normal? Most of the time unplug it the idle just sits wherever I have it set with the idle screw. I’ve had to change it a couple times now. Once to raise it after I reset the tps and now again to try and lower it and it’ll go down for a little bit but then slowly creep back up a couple hundred rpm. I know this is probably not related to the timing stuff I did but this car is quickly becoming my least favorite of my fleet. I’m about to move for school and I need to get projects finished and out of my yard and this one has been fighting me the hardest.

Comment

Working...
            X