Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

automatic transmission cooler lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatic transmission cooler lines

How many have the originals? My hoses are not leaking. Should I replace these 27 year old ones? For anyone who has replaced them, where did you get the hose Autozone, Advance? I saw a roll of it for sale that supposedly fit. I'd hate to disturb the hose to find out the hose I purchased is too big or too small to slip over the fittings.

a wise man once said, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

there's no need to replace them if they're not leaking unless you just want to dress up your engine. You can't just change out the hose yourself, they are hydraulic lines and the ends need to be swage-crimped in place.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Good advice. With my car the rubber part of the line is actually held on with constant pressure clamps. I've removed them before to install my radiator. I've never had had an oil (fluid) line fail before it leaked. I've had water lines split. Water seems to be harder on rubber then fluids seem to be. I don't know of anyone who has 27 year old radiator and coolant hoses that have never been changed.

Comment

dang it, I was thinking of power steering for some reason. yeah, you should be fine unless they start leaking, but if they do, it's an easy enough fix. If you need to know for sure what size and if you have enough slack in the hoses, cut a bit off of the end, like less than an inch and clamp the rest of the hose back on if you need to use your car to get to the parts store.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

thanks

Comment

I think the engine cooling hoses are subject to a lot more pressure than the transmission lines are. The highest mileage auto transmission I had was in the 254,000 mile range, still had the original lines on it. I don't think I changed any of these lines in the seven or eight automatic Accords I've had (that weren't parts cars).
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I'm at about 345k. The transmission lines are hard to the touch. As are my power steering lines. No leaks yet.

Comment

Originally posted by adecanmin View Post
                I'm at about 345k. The transmission lines are hard to the touch. As are my power steering lines. No leaks yet.
                Yeah, they get hard, and the wire clamps kinda dig into the rubber, reducing the squeeze and allowing leaks. I've replaced a few of those clamps with wider band/screw clamps ( without removing the hose) to stop the leaks.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

good tip

Comment

I may have even left the old clamp in place and just put the band clamp next to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X