One of the local roads I like to cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90accords View Post
    When I lived in AZ I always enjoyed the drive between Payson and Mesa. Also the 77 from Show Low to Mesa and there was a highway around there that went by a dam but can't remember what it was..... lots of fun roads in the AZ mountains.
    Are you talking about Fossil Springs? I've been meaning to check that road out one day. I've been in the general area for service calls, but I didn't have any free time to keep driving.

Hey Scott. Sounds like you've been busy with work. That's definitely good to hear!

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
      Are you talking about Fossil Springs? I've been meaning to check that road out one day. I've been in the general area for service calls, but I didn't have any free time to keep driving.

Hey Scott. Sounds like you've been busy with work. That's definitely good to hear!
      Yeah. I could schedule my maximum legal duty time every day and still not get all of my students enough activities. It is good to be busy, but the feast/famine things sucks. Add my class load on top of that, and my brain never shuts down, which is why I decided I needed this drive today. It was TOTALLY worth it.

I did try to pull off and get a picture in one spot (you know how the pull offs are), and got my car nice and stuck. The snow looked pretty reasonable, but it was actually almost a foot deep. Had to dig it out. It didn't take long, but since my ass end was in the road, I was trying to hurry. LOL.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
        Yeah. I could schedule my maximum legal duty time every day and still not get all of my students enough activities. It is good to be busy, but the feast/famine things sucks. Add my class load on top of that, and my brain never shuts down, which is why I decided I needed this drive today. It was TOTALLY worth it.

I did try to pull off and get a picture in one spot (you know how the pull offs are), and got my car nice and stuck. The snow looked pretty reasonable, but it was actually almost a foot deep. Had to dig it out. It didn't take long, but since my ass end was in the road, I was trying to hurry. LOL.
        Ya i was going to say, the snow looked a little iffy in some of the spots and in the one picture i could tell you just drove through it and i wondered if you had issues at all.

Damn good thing you got her out though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
          Ya i was going to say, the snow looked a little iffy in some of the spots and in the one picture i could tell you just drove through it and i wondered if you had issues at all.

Damn good thing you got her out though.
          In the pics, it wasn't that deep. The deceptive parts were the sides of the road that drop down, which made the snow look not too bad.

Also, with the LSD, I really haven't had any trouble (they are FANTASTIC on snow). For comparative purposes, there was a Chevy Colorado that was even more stuck in the snow, and it was about as deep. They apparently abandoned it. All I had to do was dig out behind the front tires so that it could back out and get some grip.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post

Just looked on a map.... From Payson I would take the 188 to the 88 through Tortilla Flat. Very nice drive.....

Comment

89A is pretty bomb.

Comment

I am so driving out to AZ once I'm driving again in a couple months. As a part of my 'Project CB7 sees all contiguous states' goal, it would be nice to add those roads to the list of photos. Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska, Four Corners, Arizona, and more of southern Colorado all this summer and fall .

One of my local faves of the longer variety, Poudre Canyon:

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by 90accords View Post
                  Just looked on a map.... From Payson I would take the 188 to the 88 through Tortilla Flat. Very nice drive.....
                  Oh yeah that road is fun, especially if you keep going past tortilla flats towards mesa. That road that goes through canyon lake is a fun one.

89a is definitely a nice drive though, tough to beat.

Click picture to see my mrt
                  Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Working...
                  X