Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: OEM Fog Light installation (USDM 9293, PART II)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still confused someone help
    Freedom Is Not Free
    U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

I have not done this yet, but what I gather from looking at the diagrams is this:
      Run the wires from the switch to the locations mentioned in the diagram. One of the wires (E) goes to one of the 4 spots on the relay.

Then you take the 3 wires from your harness and run them from the other 3 spots on the relay to the locations mentioned in the diagram. One goes to the battery and is fused, the other goes to the + terminal of the fog lights, and the other one is grounded. And remember to ground the - terminals of the fog lights to the chasis.

My swap thread
      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
        I have not done this yet, but what I gather from looking at the diagrams is this:
        Run the wires from the switch to the locations mentioned in the diagram. One of the wires (E) goes to one of the 4 spots on the relay.

Then you take the 3 wires from your harness and run them from the other 3 spots on the relay to the locations mentioned in the diagram. One goes to the battery and is fused, the other goes to the + terminal of the fog lights, and the other one is grounded. And remember to ground the - terminals of the fog lights to the chasis.
        ok so E goes to the relay but the relay came w/the aftermarket harness and it prewired. or do you mean the oem switch?

and the rest i kind of understand thanks
        Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
          i thought i posted this somewhere already?

[img]http://****.com/pics/hooking-up-fogs.jpg[/img]
          ok got my self confused again lookin at this
          a is blk= ground
          b is blue =???
          c is red/yellow =???
          d is red/blk = ground?
          e is red/white = realy?

i dunno i think im thinking into this to hard.
          Last edited by benjerman112; 12-31-2008, 06:36 PM.
          Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

A and B are ground

D is running lights

C and E are the switch
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
              A and B are ground

D is running lights

C and E are the switch

but the thing says a is a 12 volt?
              Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Where Can I get that rubber seal for the fogs, I just installed mine but didnt have the Seals. I heard you can find something similar in Home Depot, But I dont know what it is.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Those rubber booties are a bitch to find. In good condition, even harder. You could fab them, but..meh.

I went to Wal-Mart and in the Auto department they sell strips of "Door Ding Protector", in black. It comes with 2 long strips. 1 strip works for each light. Check out the link in my sig for my MRT and you can see where i placed them.

It doesnt replace the booty, but it keeps the majority of the gap sealed.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

thanks

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

alright i got my fogs in and everything wired good to go , now my only question what kind of rubber from the home depot is everyone talking about for the fog surroundings .. i tired looking for the information on they forum members page but still no luck ?
                      Last edited by 93SM4_CB7; 02-25-2009, 01:13 AM.

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

door edge protector.

Comment

where do you get the relay at?

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Ok guys, help me out a bit!!

Some motherfucker tried to steal my fogs during instalation, I have a piece o shit garage so I had to work outside in the street, the thing is that I was chasing the motherfucker and somehow he managed to remove the pigtails and threw the fogs away to a little stream, so I stopped chasing him and recovered my fogs, but obviously the fucker ripped the pigs off.

I was planning on putting some 3000k HIDs 9005 I was negotiating, now I dunno know how to put the bulbs there, I can figure out how to make the harness and put a switch, but without the pigs I dunno how to wire them.
                            Thanks for your inputs!!!

a pic of it:

Colombian CB7

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...3A+1992+accord

Comment

Originally posted by Isdoyra View Post
                              Ok guys, help me out a bit!!

Some motherfucker tried to steal my fogs during instalation, I have a piece o shit garage so I had to work outside in the street, the thing is that I was chasing the motherfucker and somehow he managed to remove the pigtails and threw the fogs away to a little stream, so I stopped chasing him and recovered my fogs, but obviously the fucker ripped the pigs off.

I was planning on putting some 3000k HIDs 9005 I was negotiating, now I dunno know how to put the bulbs there, I can figure out how to make the harness and put a switch, but without the pigs I dunno how to wire them.
                              Thanks for your inputs!!!

a pic of it:

-you can cut the plug form the harness that usually connects to the pigtails.
                              -get some extra wire and use some connectors to connect the extra wire and the wires from the harness together.
                              CONNECTORS

-get some male connectors and connect those to the bulb. It will work that is how I wired up my fogs (did not have the OEM harness, lol.)
                              MALE CONNECTORS

(I did the use the right name for the parts I just said, but I am giving you a general idea of what they are called. If you go this route, get the rightful size of "connectors" that will accommodate the wires.)

If you are planning on putting the HID's on, then I can not help you there. lol
                              I do not think this method would work for hooking up HID's.

Originally posted by visualpoet
                              some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

Originally posted by Juan4DCB7 View Post
                                -you can cut the plug form the harness that usually connects to the pigtails.
                                -get some extra wire and use some connectors to connect the extra wire and the wires from the harness together.
                                CONNECTORS

-get some male connectors and connect those to the bulb. It will work that is how I wired up my fogs (did not have the OEM harness, lol.)
                                MALE CONNECTORS

(I did the use the right name for the parts I just said, but I am giving you a general idea of what they are called. If you go this route, get the rightful size of "connectors" that will accommodate the wires.)

If you are planning on putting the HID's on, then I can not help you there. lol
                                I do not think this method would work for hooking up HID's.

Hey, thanks a lot, actually you solve my problem, and if I get the HIDs I'll tell you how to wire them, anyways you gave me the idea.

Colombian CB7

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...3A+1992+accord

Comment

Working...
                                X