Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Big Dilemma - Keep my cb7 or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Dilemma - Keep my cb7 or not

i have a 92 accord ex-r coupe which i bought last year and since then i did lot of stuff on the car; got a f22b swap and trannie, suspension work, battery and whole lota other things. now the car is running great, but the rust on it is killing it. its beyond those "honda rust spots", the right quarter panel has become so soft tht moment i touch it the metal crumbles down and the water has started seeping into the trunk (from the tire). in short the car's body is in miserable condition. my freinds are always telling me to get rid of the car and look for another one. but i dont want to embarras myself by putting it on sale beacuse i know normal buyers do not care how much work have u done or if its a f22b or f22a!!
    well, the guy at the bodyshop gave me quote of $1500 cad to fix every little scratch and dent on my car i.e. including rust. in addition i gotta replace my windshield and tailights so looking around 2Gs.
    personally i like my car, but i'm confused now. sometimes i think that my freinds are right and should just dump the car (no pun, i treat "her" as my girl) but then i think of how much i can spare for that paintjob.

help me out guys, pls gimme an unbiased opinion. i know we all love cb7s here, but still.......

I say you keep it because you did so much to it. you already did the hard part, the rust is easy. I say keep it

Comment

If possible, find another body in better condition exterior wise and swap dern friggin thing and ditch the old shell.

Trev.
      RETIRED...

Comment

IF you like the Accord, you could try to find another cb7 with a blown engine or extremely high miles but no rust. You should be able to find one for around $1000-1500 and then just transfer the engine and suspension on it. I've seen a very high mileage cb7 with no rust go for like 500 bucks. You can also do that with 94-97 Accords; from what I know the engine mounts and suspension are the same as cb7.

Another option may be doing the bodywork yourself. Depending on how long you want to drive this car, you may be able to get away with a "bondo job" that will last around 2.5years.

IF you don't want to do all that work, paying somebody $2000 to do everything is a good price BUT make sure it will be done right, make sure they will weld new 1/4 panels on the car.

I would probably find a rust free Accord and transfer all the new parts onto it because I like Accords. Or if I only wanted to drive the Accord for 2-3more years, then I would do the bodywork myself.

Comment

Originally posted by new_beginnings
          If possible, find another body in better condition exterior wise and swap dern friggin thing and ditch the old shell.

Trev.
          I think that would be ur best bet. i just picked up a '90 cb7 from the wrecker with minor frontend damge for $150.00, put $200.00 into it and got another great running cb7. try and find one with a blowen motor, peole get rid of them real cheap...

"I remember u and I, parked on lovers lane, Drinking each others blood, so young and insane"

Comment

thnx for the replies. buying another cb7 never came to my mind, but how much will it cost me (approx) to transfer the engine to another cb7 or can i try a prelude !!!
            but for some reason getting my car fixed seems better to me, probably its just mental attachment as its my first car.

Comment

Get your car fixed bro!... I've got the same problem as you...but my car is not coupe...Ive got EX sedan but i know that it has never had any big accidents in the past. But there is more and more rust around and varnish leaves from it (wich is kinda strange) Getting fixed your car will make you to be sure that everything is in very good condition. Excuse my language...I am foreigner
              Don't sell your gf... Cars have souls, remember! hehe
              Last edited by zmiennik; 04-14-2008, 11:19 AM.
              Excuse my language.

Comment

Originally posted by zmiennik
                Get your car fixed bro!... I've got the same problem as you...but my car is not coupe...Ive got EX sedan but i know that it has never had any big accidents in the past. But there is more and more rust around and varnish leaves from it (wich is kinda strange) Getting fixed your car will make you to be sure that everything is in very good condition. Excuse my language...I am foreigner
                I like his idea.

But if you can find another cb that has less rust damage, then high-tail it over there.
                -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
                if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
                Originally posted by deevergote
                I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
                Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

it is a good idea, i was just saying that finding a shell in good condition would be alot cheaper than taking it to a body shop. if its a good body shop shouldn't have ne problems. but i have seen some pretty bad hack jobs out there. if u do decide to take it to someone, make sure that that shop has been around for a long time and that they do credible work...

"I remember u and I, parked on lovers lane, Drinking each others blood, so young and insane"

Comment

I spent $2500 to derust my car once upon a time.

It was an awful financial decision, and not exactly as great as I thought it would be, but it was the move to do at the time.

If you really are dead set on the car, get it fixed, but if you have your doubts and there's something else you're interested in...

Comment

have you sold the car afterwards? after derusting for $2500? and why it wasn't as great as you thought?
                      Excuse my language.

Comment

keep it! too much work put into a car is a waste.

Comment

Strip it (Take out engine and all the goodies) and Donate the Car (Tax Deduction??? ) Get new CB7 and Put all those stuff in hehe
                          might save you money but alot of labor

Comment

have you sold the car afterwards? after derusting for $2500? and why it wasn't as great as you thought?
                            It was just a huge investment when overall I was losing interest in the car.

It looked absolutely amazing...I just couldn't afford to have the whole car sprayed at the time, so there were a lot of little blemishes that bugged me.

Comment

Because its more then the cars worth . .

Comment

Working...
                              X