No announcement yet.

Wise Words From Wise People Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered:

"Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
      The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered:

"Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."
      I have that hanging on the wall right behind me. I actually bought it on a canvas scroll from some travelling Tibetan monks!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I have that hanging on the wall right behind me. I actually bought it on a canvas scroll from some travelling Tibetan monks!
        How cool is that! I run across quite a few and have so many I really like. That is one of my favorites, it says a lot with very few words.

I have always wanted to meet or get to see some monks. They have always fascinated me.

Comment

"The food you eat can either be the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison." - Ann Wigmore

Comment

I promise you I am quite free from all racial hatred. It is, in my case, undesirable that one race should mix with other races. Except for a few gratuitous successes, which I am
            prepared to admit, systematic cross-breeding has never produced good results. It's desire to remain racially pure is proof of the vitality and good health of a race. Pride in
            one's own race -- is also a normal and healthy sentiment. I have never regarded the Chinese or Japanese as being inferior to ourselves. They belong to ancient civilizations, and I admit freely that their past history is superior to our own. They have the right to be proud of their past, just as we have the right to be proud of the civilization to which
            we belong. Indeed, I believe the more steadfast the Chinese and the Japanese remain in their pride of race, the easier I shall find it to get on with them.

-the testament of Adolf Hitler
            Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
            -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
            MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

"No." - Rosa Parks

Comment

"I'm suing Outkast for mentioning me in a song!"
                -Rosa Parks

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  "I'm suing Outkast for mentioning me in a song!"
                  -Rosa Parks
                  ROFL I about said something along those lines. I cannot believe I'm not the only one who thought of that.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-02-2014, 05:48 PM.

Comment

It summarizes her approach to her claim to fame pretty well, though. It's a shame that she had to reappear in headlines for her petty lawsuit shortly before her death. It cheapened her memory, I feel.

As for the Hitler quote, that's interesting. I'm actually fascinated by how his mind worked, and how he came to lead a nation to do such horrible things.
                    The funny thing is that he mentions the Japanese as having a long and pure racial history... but most Japanese are a mix of native Japanese and Chinese. There are darker-skinned people with more native heritage, and there are some that are practically white in complexion that can trace their lineage to northern China. The Japanese language is largely derivative of Chinese as well!
                    I wonder if Hitler was a creationist, or if he believed in evolution. Evolution pretty much stems from the idea that all human life comes from a central area (I believe the middle east) and we've all just changed into our various "races" as we spread out and adapted to our surroundings. His ideal Germans were essentially a corrupted, adapted version of the middle eastern humans... and the Jews that he was trying to wipe out were actually closer to "original" than the "pure" people!

Comment

Yeah, I found it as kinda a shame. But that's what happened.

Comment

Some times it takes a side bitch to realize how much you loved the original one. -unknown
                        visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                          Some times it takes a side bitch to realize how much you loved the original one. -unknown
                          Word

MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

"Giving $10 when you can't afford it means more than giving $1000 when you can."

-Loose quote/lesson from the Bible

MY RIDE

Comment

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                                "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Gandhi
                                That's interesting because I immediately thought being in harmony doesn't necessarily mean a positive thing. What came to mind is the France attacks. They probably thought, said, and did what they believed in and look at what happened. It was hell for everyone else around them.

MY RIDE

Comment

Working...
                                X