No announcement yet.

Wise Words From Wise People Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A line from Slipknot's song, Custer, which was in turn found written on a toilet stall...

You form a line
    To formalize
    The former lies
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-20-2016, 10:32 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      A line from Slipknot's song, Custer, which was in turn found written on a toilet stall...

You form a line
      To formalize
      The former lies

Comment

"DODGE the father and RAM the daughter"

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
          There are some videos on YT of that song being performed live. So intense

Accord Aero-R

Comment

So I read a lot, in case it wasn't obvious. I just finished a fictional book by my favorite writer, Michael Crichton, called State of Fear. If the topics of global warming and climate change pique your interest at all, no matter what side you take, it's an awesome book. But in the "author's note" at the end, he expressed an opinion I've always felt very strongly about myself, and I don't think it could have been worded any better:

"The current near-hysterical preoccupation with safety is at best a waste of resources and a crimp on the human spirit, and at worst an invitation to totalitarianism. Public education is desperately needed."

Accord Aero-R

Comment

One I have struggled with ever since I can remember and will more than likely struggle with until I'm in my grave.

"Don't let yesterday take up too much of today."

Comment

Yup. It's too often I dwell on how I could have done or said things differently to get a different result. Not that I've made bad decisions that hurt someone else, but just little things to better my situation or to have been more clear about something I said. Stuff like that. In person I don't talk much, and sometimes I over think what I plan to say, and then it comes out wrong.

It's ridiculous how often I'll post a comment on here, and then go back within the next few minutes and rephrase something, add one more thing, make a more complete thought, etc. ... just did it.
                Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-18-2016, 10:30 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I'm sure it's well known that I do the same. So many of my posts are edited or sometimes I delete them all together. I can definitely relate. The what if's looking back are tough to get past.

"Don't sweat the small things." Easily said. Hard as hell to do.

Comment

It's the small things, which are usually more in my control in hindsight, that bother me. It's easier for me to just accept the big things that I have no influence over.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Same here. Like the death of a parent and such. You'd think that it'd be a big deal but it's those things which are out of ones control that are easy or easier to accept. It's all the small things that like you said, one is in control of that are difficult. Throw in the way such small things can have such a massive effect on your entire life and you really start to wonder.

I'll admit that my own mind is my worst enemy. I wish there was a standby button. lol Kinda like an autopilot. Just to get a break from time to time.

Comment

George Hanson: You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I can't understand what's gone wrong with it.

Billy: Man, everybody got chicken, that's what happened. Hey, we can't even get into like, a second-rate hotel, I mean, a second-rate motel, you dig? They think we're gonna cut their throat or somethin'. They're scared, man.

George Hanson: They're not scared of you. They're scared of what you represent to 'em.

Billy: Hey, man. All we represent to them, man, is somebody who needs a haircut.

George Hanson: Oh, no. What you represent to them is freedom.

Billy: What the hell is wrong with freedom? That's what it's all about.

George Hanson: Oh, yeah, that's right. That's what's it's all about, all right. But talkin' about it and bein' it, that's two different things. I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em.

Billy: Well, it don't make 'em runnin' scared.

George Hanson: No, it makes 'em dangerous.

Easy Rider (1969)

Last edited by H311RA151N; 04-02-2016, 01:23 AM.

Comment

"The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don't define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you whree they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them."
                          -Denis Waitley

Comment

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -Plato

Comment

"When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

I recently read a Michael Crichton novel (he wrote Jurassic Park & The Lost World) on global warming. Apparently, after "State of Fear" was first published, which referenced data from NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, the GISS removed data from their website to make global warming look like more of an issue than it actually is.
                              Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-28-2016, 03:56 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                                "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

I recently read a Michael Crichton novel (he wrote Jurassic Park & The Lost World) on global warming. Apparently, after "State of Fear" was first published, which referenced data from NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, the GISS removed data from their website to make global warming look like more of an issue than it actually is.
                                Yup.

Data Tampering at USHCN/GISS

Think about it... the current "drought" we are experiencing... yet we forget about the dust bowl from the 30's or when the Mississippi River almost dried up in the 80's (not as bad as the 30's). Data actually shows an overall cooling.

"It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow"

Comment

Working...
                                X