Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

REPLACING A/T MOUNT vs TRANSMISSION & MOUNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REPLACING A/T MOUNT vs TRANSMISSION & MOUNT

I need some advice on this one.

I need to get my transmission mount replaced (which is a must). I recently changed my ATF which showed signs of metal debris on the bolt plug. I was advised by my mechanic it would require changing the transmission, but I could drive it for now until I decide to change it. I would like to get a 2nd opinion on if I should change the AFT again and see if the debris is still there (maybe it just needs flushing).

I was quoted: $400 labour + plus seals & fluid for swap. Lucky I have access to a spare A/T.

Now my dilemma is do I go ahead and change everything: Entire Transmission, mount, seals etc. in order to save on labour cost OR can I just change the tranny mount now and do a tranny swap later (early next year).

Also are there any factors to consider for the F20A engine and a regular (F22) transmission for replacement.

the tranny mount is easy. Its not something you need to factor into a big job like a tranny swap.

What happens when you drive it? Anything?

Ive pulled metal pieces out of more than half of every car ive ever worked on.

Comment

Getting hard shifting while gears changing and alot of vibraton when car is in "P". Gets worse in colder weather. Mechanic also verified mounts is gone.

For some reason when in traffic (or driving slow) gears keeps going from 3rd to 2nd when 3 just changed into 3rd for only seconds. Its gets annoying..

Comment

Originally posted by ExecutiveCB7 View Post
        Getting hard shifting while gears changing and alot of vibraton when car is in "P". Gets worse in colder weather. Mechanic also verified mounts is gone.

For some reason when in traffic (or driving slow) gears keeps going from 3rd to 2nd when 3 just changed into 3rd for only seconds. Its gets annoying..
        Changing mount will probably help both problems a lot. Hell, you need to change the mount no matter what. Just change it now, put the money for the swap away somewhere, and drive the transmission until it explodes. That's what I'd do.

Comment

Thanks for ur input on this.

I have decided to change the mount for now and see what happends.

Comment

So do you guys just purchase oem honda mounts? Or aftermarket?

Comment

OEM for vacuum assisted rear mount on automatics, for manual you can go aftermarket and the sky is the limit. OE replacement or higher end poly.

Comment

Thanks, my car is auto...

Comment

I believe the rear motor mount on autos cost around $160, just a heads up.

Comment

Working...
                  X