No announcement yet.

USDM H22 oil pump on JDM H22A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got the JDM pump ('97 block casting, if that's what the "NO.3 97" on the front of the block means; no sensor provisions, closed deck) on hand to look at, but I don't want to do the BS delete.

*ED. - I did just e-mail KS Tuned. If anyone has a solid answer to an H22 question, they will. Hopefully they respond to e-mails...
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 07-31-2017, 01:23 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

They came through! ... and contradicted everything I've read up until this point

Originally posted by Kaizenspeed
      All of the H22 oil pumps are interchangeable, USDM or JDM. The H22A4 pump is the cheapest from the dealer, and it has provisions for the OBD2 crank sensor's. We supply the USDM OBD2 H22A4 pump with our balance shaft eliminator/pump kit.
      I suppose I'll be going after an early non-sensor pump to look at things myself. But since the OP, I'm assuming, got an OBD1/93-95 pump, and my long block looks to be one converted from OBD2 to OBD1 before I bought it, I'll get the '96 OBD2. It looks like Honda didn't change over to the dizzy-mounted sensor until the fifth-gen Prelude. Luckily Majestic actually has that one in stock!
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 07-31-2017, 05:10 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
      X