Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bodykits on cb7 whats your take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
    i'm sorry but this car is gross, i know you put in time and money into this but IMO it was just a waste. i'm sure its mainly for shows and points and what not but not my cup of tea. sorry if i offended you but its just my opinion (which i express a lot)
    Well there's your problem.

People always feel the need to say what they think about Doughboys car every time he posts.

Everyone jumped on the "JDM" wagon and are doing the exact same modifications, mostly ebay knockoffs.

He chose to do what he wanted how he wanted it.

If you have nothing positive to say stay quiet (Which I do a lot)
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

To doughboy it's not gross and that's what matters. Do what you do to your car, he will do what he does to his.

Comment

Originally posted by PUMASTi View Post
        Well there's your problem.

People always feel the need to say what they think about Doughboys car every time he posts.

Everyone jumped on the "JDM" wagon and are doing the exact same modifications, mostly ebay knockoffs.

He chose to do what he wanted how he wanted it.

If you have nothing positive to say stay quiet (Which I do a lot)
        bitting my tongue is kinda hard, but i do agree on people moding their cars through their prospective (sometimes good, others not). i personally think that peoples personal styles reflected through their "builds", being different some times doesnt have a good out come. I'll make sure i'll bite my tongue next (which i doubt will happen)
        FRIENDS
        DONT LET
        FRIENDS
        ROLL ON
        ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
          To doughboy it's not gross and that's what matters. Do what you do to your car, he will do what he does to his.
          just because i mentioned "gross" doesnt mean i dont have respect for the guy, i just think his taste isnt good
          FRIENDS
          DONT LET
          FRIENDS
          ROLL ON
          ROTA'S

Comment

Well I could care less,I've learned one thing HATERS are just jealous.If I'm going to spend money doing a(my) car,its going to make it look different,not buying stock parts to look like every other ride out there.With that being said,the new sponsors I have picked up,the message from a magazine that wants to do feature on my car and the photographer who wants to do a full photoshoot lets me know that it was done right,and these people like it.

I'm just curious,why was it a waste, Because I'm an ol skool minitrucker/lowrider,performance doesnt mean much to me,sorry, but jdm is stupid,why replace stock parts with cheap ebay stock parts or overpriced stock parts.I believe in custom SIMPLE AS THAT.
            Last edited by doughboy415; 12-06-2012, 06:13 PM.
            BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Originally posted by doughboy415 View Post
              I believe in custom SIMPLE AS THAT.
              This is what car building was all about. Being an individual. Not a jdm clone.
              "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

i'm sorry but this car is gross, i know you put in time and money into this but IMO it was just a waste. i'm sure its mainly for shows and points and what not but not my cup of tea. sorry if i offended you but its just my opinion (which i express a lot)
                Iam trying to grasp how this car is gross? I don't liKe the wheels or the color on it, but it's a show car. I have judged shows before, and it's kind of like being in a strip club, all the tits look the same. So your looking for something to catch your eye, and chrome does that, the. The drastic white/blue contrast, so now you looking at it. Notice how well the body work is, then try to figure out what's wrong with it...what's diffrent..no door handles...duh, wait that's not it....damn it's shaved, the molding is gone. So you look more and more at it for little "tricks". It doesn't matter how "clean" the car beside it is in its all dark paint/wheels/interior. It just doesn't grab you.

So even though its not my cup of tea, I've got mad respect for the car, done to my taste or not

Comment

I think if bodykits are done right, then there is no reason to complain.
                  Anyone dragging a body kit, I would give them a

Comment

Originally posted by doughboy415 View Post
                    Well I could care less,I've learned one thing HATERS are just jealous.If I'm going to spend money doing a(my) car,its going to make it look different,not buying stock parts to look like every other ride out there.With that being said,the new sponsors I have picked up,the message from a magazine that wants to do feature on my car and the photographer who wants to do a full photoshoot lets me know that it was done right,and these people like it.

I'm just curious,why was it a waste, Because I'm an ol skool minitrucker/lowrider,performance doesnt mean much to me,sorry, but jdm is stupid,why replace stock parts with cheap ebay stock parts or overpriced stock parts.I believe in custom SIMPLE AS THAT.
                    lol @ jealousy, dont flatter yourself. people misinterpet honest opinions with jealousy or hating. it aint hating if its the truth (general statement). only jealousy you have from me is that your car is modded and my is completely stock. being old school in the honda/import scene is different than being old school in the mini truck scene. also cheap ebay parts isnt "jdm", and that trend is long gone. thats good that youre getting a magazine feature, thats my goal some day, but its probably a magazine that i don't care for.

lowrider/mini truck scene is totally different than the import scene, i respect your hard work put into it but i rather put that amount of work and cash into something else like motor mods and suspension for track use. i believe on the term "to each their own" but some times thats a bit lenient.
                    FRIENDS
                    DONT LET
                    FRIENDS
                    ROLL ON
                    ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                      Iam trying to grasp how this car is gross? I don't liKe the wheels or the color on it, but it's a show car. I have judged shows before, and it's kind of like being in a strip club, all the tits look the same. So your looking for something to catch your eye, and chrome does that, the. The drastic white/blue contrast, so now you looking at it. Notice how well the body work is, then try to figure out what's wrong with it...what's diffrent..no door handles...duh, wait that's not it....damn it's shaved, the molding is gone. So you look more and more at it for little "tricks". It doesn't matter how "clean" the car beside it is in its all dark paint/wheels/interior. It just doesn't grab you.

So even though its not my cup of tea, I've got mad respect for the car, done to my taste or not
                      I understand the way shows point the cars, but it still doesnt justify the actual taste of the owner. like he mentioned and i responed to is that he is from a totally different scene and intergrading it to this scene (which is fine) but just because someone puts in $10K in mods doesnt mean it was a good choice of mods.

like i said twice already, i respect the guy but this is just my opinion which has nothing to do with jealousy. i personally think his hard work and $$$ could of gone to better mods, but thats what makes the "custom/modifying" scene what it is. every scene has its own culture.
                      FRIENDS
                      DONT LET
                      FRIENDS
                      ROLL ON
                      ROTA'S

Comment

@mugen, then keep your opinion to yourself, to be hinest your just making yourself out to be an ass. As to what you said each scene has its own culture obviously your more into the race/performance and doughboys into the show. Thats what his car is, for SHOW keyword SHOW, not to zoom zoom. I dig his car i think its very well done and on that note (@doughboy, props bro looks sick ^.^).
                        So a recap, a performance car will spen money on what? Ding ding performance parts upgrades whatever. A show car will spend money on what? Weong not performance, SHOW PARTS. Stop arguing about it, as youve said thats your opinion so, thats what i made the thread for. I your not going to be nice stop posting on this thread.

Comment

Lota spell fails sorry XD

Comment

I understand the way shows point the cars, but it still doesnt justify the actual taste of the owner. like he mentioned and i responed to is that he is from a totally different scene and intergrading it to this scene (which is fine) but just because someone puts in $10K in mods doesnt mean it was a good choice of mods.

like i said twice already, i respect the guy but this is just my opinion which has nothing to do with jealousy. i personally think his hard work and $$$ could of gone to better mods, but thats what makes the "custom/modifying" scene what it is. every scene has its own culture.
                            If he doesn't have trophies, then your right, he wasted a ton of money on dumb mods, but if he has trophies than it was money/time well spent.

Comment

Trophies or not it would never be a waste, car building is about individuality not building replicas. He expressed himself theough his car, made it to his own tastes so not a waste. If you dont like it say so but dont keep going on about it

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                                If he doesn't have trophies, then your right, he wasted a ton of money on dumb mods, but if he has trophies than it was money/time well spent.
                                Trophies don't mean shit. You get a trophy for winning the Superbowl (which is baller) and you also get one for the Coney Island hot dog eating contest (which is disgusting). They are always giving trophies away for something, and they don't always mean time well spent in my opinion. I've seen plenty of rides (many here on this site) that are definitely "trophy" worthy yet the owner has not one.

All of these ways cats mod their cars, there is a niche somewhere for it and guaranteed there is some type of following for it as well. doughboy415 has a kitted car yet he called JDM modding stupid. I personally think kits look like hot garbage (with maybe a couple exceptions) but on the same note I don't agree with the JDM trend either. But that in no way takes away from an individual's hard works and dedication. You should always respect that.

Comment

Working...
                                X