Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

For all with exhaust leaks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all with exhaust leaks....

I just fixed my header to downpipe leak today and I wanted to tell everyone that has a exhaust leak FIX IT! As soon as I fixed mine, no lie I felt a difference in performance and the car felt like it drove smoother for some reason.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

im sure thats what everyone with leaks is trying to do

Comment

Yea, my header is leakin' from the 4th port, where it's connected to the head. It's blowing black smoke onto my valve cover and stuff. Plus, I hit a bump and bottom'd out the front of the car, and put 2 dents in the downpipe. I'ma just buy a new one. I'm sure those 2 dents in the downpipe are hurtin' me, since my o2 sensor is after the flex. But yea man, exhaust leaks do some damage. Plus, the random raspy sound they make.
      98' Mustang 3V Swap
      11' VW CC R36

Comment

yeah. i have one too., just need a friggin bolt that will fit and a way to get a breaker bar under to torque a coarse thread bolt into it.

Comment

Originally posted by LaurAcura View Post
          im sure thats what everyone with leaks is trying to do
          Well some people might put fixing it off for a while because they think it don't affect anything but the sound. The header to downpipe was very easy to fix. I just took off the downpipe, scraped the old gasket off, put a bunch off copper sealant on the downpipe flange and the header flang, waited about 15-20 mins, then put it back together and let it dry overnight. When I but the downpipe back on, I took that metal bracket off the car that holds the downpipe to the frame right before the flex pipe. On my car, this was holding the downpipe on a angle so the flanges were not sitting flush and thats what caused the leak and blow out. Here are some pics:

Shit ebay gasket lasted about 2 weeks.

My fix

Problem solved and was free because I had some copper sealant laying around

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
          My member's ride

Comment

you might wanna put that bracket that holds the dp to the engine. overtime you going to have problems with the flange.
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

yeah i wish that would fix mine but i already know where it is leaking from and thats not gonna do it. im getting it fixed soon hopefully

Comment

mmmmmm peanut butter
                www.stl-imports.com

Referral: crx08

support the import community

Comment

My leak is right before the muffler. the sound is terribleI need new everything!!

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord View Post
                    you might wanna put that bracket that holds the dp to the engine. overtime you going to have problems with the flange.
                    If i put the bracket on, right now i will have problems with the flange because it will pull the downpipe down more then it should be. I might fab up a plate and drill some holes and slap that on in a couple days.

My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by plee3 View Post
                      My leak is right before the muffler. the sound is terribleI need new everything!!
                      Is it on a straight section of pipe? If it is, a quick fix you can do to temporary stop the leak is cut both ends off a soda can and then slit from top to bottom on one side. slide it over the leak and use 2 hose clamps to tighten it down. It won't last forever but it will help until you get it fixed the right way

My member's ride

Comment

Depending on where the exhaust leak you will lose power. Its just noisy the only thing I see. I had a leak in my piping before the muffler.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ill be doing this soon

Comment

Originally posted by crx08 View Post

mmmmmm peanut butter
                            thats one way to biuld post count, its also a way to piss off the mods.
                            man, you sure know how to lay a bead! Do my bath tub surround?
                            you'll love my nuts!

Comment

Working...
                            X