Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turbo Question!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Question!!!

Hello peeps, this is my first post.
    95 accord with an H23a Vtec blue top.

I want to turbo for daily driver. Basically for sound. I have read this can be done with minimal to no engine upgrades. Please advise of a kit, and safe boost for daily driver and minimal engine upgrade. Thank you all in advance

So you want to spend $ to boost your car just for the sound?

I never understood that.

Im going to tell you know, you will get a lot of flack for that.

It's your car and your money, but it's not so easy and a lot of work for just the sound of a BOV.

And have you checked out cd5tuner.com??

Comment

Without replacing the pistons, your engine won't last long with turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        So you want to spend $ to boost your car just for the sound?

I never understood that.

Im going to tell you know, you will get a lot of flack for that.

It's your car and your money, but it's not so easy and a lot of work for just the sound of a BOV.

And have you checked out cd5tuner.com??

This is mostly for shows for now. Thanks anyway

Comment

I think there are companies that make sound effects kits to get turbo/supercharger sounds, basically its just a speaker thats placed in the engine bay or somewhere else exterior. I remember reading about them a while ago though. If all you want is the sound that would probably be the best route in order to save money and keep your DD reliable.
          Last edited by Shadow1992; 03-16-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

If you just want it for sound buy this - http://www.akamoto.co.uk/dump-valve.asp

If you want sound, AND for any one who knows simple basics to think that you ACTUALLY have a turbo - Then bolt on a DSM manifold and turbo, and run the piping to a closed dual setup BOV system, so one plumbback BOV bleeds excess pressure back to the intake (to prevent turbo damage) and the regular BOV actually makes the noise.

Otherwise buy another car and do it once, do it right.
            Doing a turbo conversion on your DD is stupid.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1992 View Post
              I think there are companies that make sound effects kits to get turbo/supercharger sounds, basically its just a speaker thats placed in the engine bay or somewhere else exterior. I remember reading about them a while ago though. If all you want is the sound that would probably be the best route in order to save money and keep your DD reliable.
              MightyCarMods did a video with one of these. I personally wouldn't want one but here it is. starts around 26:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNBz4DIY6E4

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1992 View Post
                I think there are companies that make sound effects kits to get turbo/supercharger sounds, basically its just a speaker thats placed in the engine bay or somewhere else exterior.
                Lol, really? Thats the stupidest shit on the planet.
                Originally posted by TylerTheTwin View Post
                MightyCarMods did a video with one of these. I personally wouldn't want one but here it is. starts around 26:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNBz4DIY6E4
                Lol, I like how dude on the vid said "this is awesome!" Uh, no its not. Poser.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                  Lol, really? Thats the stupidest shit on the planet.

Lol, I like how dude on the vid said "this is awesome!" Uh, no its not. Poser.
                  They are doing the entire car as a joke so not really posers

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                    If you just want it for sound buy this - http://www.akamoto.co.uk/dump-valve.asp

If you want sound, AND for any one who knows simple basics to think that you ACTUALLY have a turbo - Then bolt on a DSM manifold and turbo, and run the piping to a closed dual setup BOV system, so one plumbback BOV bleeds excess pressure back to the intake (to prevent turbo damage) and the regular BOV actually makes the noise.

i would also do this but route the piping into you cabin and into the airvents. that way when you slam on the gas it feels like your going super fast with the wind in yo face!
                    visit vgruk

Comment

If you just want it for sound...

Let me explain further what I want. I am not looking to build a monster. Want to be reliable. Low boost cause this will be a vehicle driven a lot. So, the only upgrade recommended for low boost would be pistons? Again, not shooting for 400hp. Want to get some good info here before I go see a performance shop and they try and rebuild everything to make money.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

I think that would be a better route if you can do it, then bothering would turbo'ng.

Not that you can't have a reliable turboed dd, but to get to that point, takes a lot of work on 20+ year old cars, or in your case, 18 years.

Im assuming you haven't done real maintenance on your car.

If you have, then disregard my post all together.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureFED View Post
                          Let me explain further what I want. I am not looking to build a monster. Want to be reliable. Low boost cause this will be a vehicle driven a lot. So, the only upgrade recommended for low boost would be pistons? Again, not shooting for 400hp. Want to get some good info here before I go see a performance shop and they try and rebuild everything to make money.
                          Reliability is going to be a bit difficult to achieve as you are working with a 20 year old car that did not come from the factory with a turbo.
                          There is a lot of info in the forced induction section as well.
                          In my opinion this is going to be a case of "Fast (Turbo), Reliable, Cheap - pick two"
                          I am sure someone with more experience can help more.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureFED View Post
                            Let me explain further what I want.
                            Want to be reliable.
                            How much money you got to spend?

And if it's your Daily Driver then that means you only have 2 days to build it.
                            Saturday, then Sunday.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

How much money you got to spend?

And if it's your Daily Driver then that means you only have 2 days to build it.
                              Saturday, then Sunday.
                              2,000. Little more little less. I'll have more than two build days

Comment

Working...
                              X