This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 SRT challenger hellcat engine

Yeah the import industry definitely will have some issues on its hands along with the domestic car industry. The SRT challenger with hellcat engine comes with 507 HP has a valet mode for those pesky parking lot attendants and 2 different keyfobs one that's a regular key fob and a red one that reflashed the vehicle to higher specs to give it more HP.

Here's what I forgot to mention since I'm editing this post this vehicle with the red fob which unlocked the flash within the fob gives extra power boosting the challenger to 707 HP. The challengers getting the same treatment. Its pretty much over for imports and that's stock damn.

The hellcat engine comes supercharged with an air induction system behind the headlight to make sure that supercharger gets all that air in. With a beefed up suspension and does 10.8 with drag radials stock and comes with paddle-shifters 56k yeah its a done deal

http://www.boldride.com/ride/2015/do...lcat#gallery/7
    Last edited by h22sparkle; 08-01-2014, 02:33 PM.

SRT Hellcat Challenger 1/4 Mile 10.8 w/ Drag Radi…: http://youtu.be/28krt9RCFj8 there goes the proof. Its a wrap lol

Comment

meh
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Why would the import industry be scared of a car with a blown 6.2-liter Hemi V8 putting out 700crank HP. Considering there are a few import engine builders that have engines with 1.8 - 2.0L of displacement making the same. The only people that need be worried are those who actually spend the money on a Dodge. .....

They are a nice car... I'm just not buying the hype!

It's North American auto manufacturers trying to impress rednecks and NASCAR fans. Hell I have even had Dodge fanboys try and tell me that my Honda doesn't have a Hemispherical head.... They said that only Dodge has a Hemi ...... lol simpleton!
        Last edited by GhostAccord; 08-01-2014, 08:25 PM.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

It's nice. I like it, but it's not a daily car...It's just a fast car that you can drive on the street

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

It'll be nice seeing something new on the road to get the GTR owners worked up.

1. It's an 'American muscle car' which is a synonym for chick magnet
            2. You can buy it stock and brag about having over 700 horsepower, without ever having to do anything to achieve that feat.
            3. "Hemi"
            4. America has so many goddamn NASCAR fans

I think it is going to sell really well in 2015.
            Unfortunately...

RIP my last two CB7s.
            New rides:
            '82 Volvo 245 drift project
            '87 Volvo 244 daily
            Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
              meh
              beat me to it...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Trust me it'll sell the only ones that really don't like it are the ones who really aren't interclined with all kinds of cars. Yeah 1.8 to 2.0 cars making power sure but is it reliable power and furthermore you can sell that car and atleast get half of what you invested into it rather than the 1.8 or 2.0 I. Sure of it. Yes it is a daily car you can drive on the street. Imports can build that okay would it be as reliable as the challenger I don't think so not likely.

700 HP yes but how many cars you know of that pushing that stock as is? This car does get my respect. I think at the muscle car shootout the supersnake pulled through and the Hennessey camaro pulled through but the charger held back. They were waiting to sneak attack everything.
                Last edited by h22sparkle; 08-01-2014, 11:36 PM.

Comment

You don't see that many folks who down the car compete against it. Remember 10.8 with radials in stock form with reliability. Man that's gotta sting that cars gonna catch alotta feels from haters across the board. Even if it does have a hemi okay 707 HP even if you de-tune it it still has a lot of more usable HP to use than most cars today and would probably win. I bet that very same car can wipe the floor with a lot of import cars and domestic cars today in valet mode and not break a sweat.
                  Last edited by h22sparkle; 08-02-2014, 12:06 AM.

Comment

707hp and 650Lb-ft are pretty impressive numbers from any stock vehicle, specially doing 11.2 on street tires and 10.8 on slicks. However, I'm not sure how it would handle the turns considering its 4200+lbs curb weight. Also, I wouldn't count out the import industry just yet considering the GT-R lays down 10.8 1/4 miles while being extremely impressive through the corners. Sometimes its not how much power you have, but how you put it down.

Comment

I'm sure its got it all, power windows, power locks, heated seats, 707hp... but you know what it doesn't have? A clear title. That there car belongs to the bank!
                      Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-02-2014, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Plenty of stock performance cars have already broken the 700hp barrier...without a special key fob.
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

That's a LOT of car for $60,000 or so. Still based on the old E-class platform, I believe, so it's still a decent car.
                          I like it. I wouldn't buy one new, personally, as there are better cars to spend that kind of money on (even if they don't make as much power.)

Seeing this makes me happy, though. Chrysler/Dodge might be owned by the Italians, but they're still building proper American muscle. As much engine as you can cram into a car!

I have 400hp in my CTS-V, and to be quite honest, I don't know how I could ever use more than that on public roads. This thing has nearly twice as much power. Bragging rights, drag nights, and perhaps some illegal stupidity is all that it's good for... but I think that's enough!

Comment

not to mention that this sled weighs a bazillion pounds! My neighbor has a srt8 and damn...
                            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

You gotta figure out like this the power to weight ratio and that power that's impressive especially for a comeback like that. Geez I could imagine what that car would do in the wrong hands traveling with that amount of power.

Comment

Working...
                              X