Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

a/c vaccum lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a/c vaccum lines

does anyone know if there are any vaccum lines connected to the a/c system? and if so, where could they be found.... ive tired looking for some bu no luck.
    i bought the manual but it doesnt say how to disconnect the a/c from the refrigerant that has to get pumped out
    Last edited by StocK-CB; 08-03-2012, 02:05 AM.

Originally posted by StocK-CB View Post
    does anyone know if there are any vaccum lines connected to the a/c system? and if so, where could they be found.... ive tired looking for some bu no luck.
    i bought the manual but it doesnt say how to disconnect the a/c from the refrigerant that has to get pumped out
    I dont understand what you are saying.
    1.)There are A/C lines for the A/C system. There isnt any vacuum lines for the A/C system.

2.) Disconnect the A/C from the Refrigerant...

I have no clue what your trying to do or i would try to help you. Instead of confusing the shit out of you im going to give you something to read so you can better understand A/C systems.

But know this, if you go messing around with it you can ruin the A/C system very easily and/or hurt yourself. So what ever your planning on doing just stop and read this.

http://www.familycar.com/ac1.htm
    Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-03-2012, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMO View Post
      I dont understand what you are saying.
      1.)There are A/C lines for the A/C system. There isnt any vacuum lines for the A/C system.

2.) Disconnect the A/C from the Refrigerant...

I have no clue what your trying to do or i would try to help you. Instead of confusing the shit out of you im going to give you something to read so you can better understand A/C systems.

But know this, if you go messing around with it you can ruin the A/C system very easily and/or hurt yourself. So what ever your planning on doing just stop and read this.

http://www.familycar.com/ac1.htm
      well its cuz my brother took off the a/c system in his 94 cobra and it had a vaccum line connected to a part of the a/c... it was even labeled

Comment

well its cuz my brother took off the a/c system in his 94 cobra and it had a vaccum line connected to a part of the a/c... it was even labeled
        Unless im forgeting something, i dont think we have anything like that. Im pretty familiar with the CB cooling system.

My gfs brother has a 04 Cobra. They sure are fast!

Comment

Originally posted by SWMO View Post
          Unless im forgeting something, i dont think we have anything like that. Im pretty familiar with the CB cooling system.

My gfs brother has a 04 Cobra. They sure are fast!
          my brothers is 94.... its a 5 liter bu the cobras come with a better intake manifold and breaks and other things.... yea their pretty quick and his has a cat-back so it sounds nice
          its sick when u give it some gas around a corner.... it glides right over

Comment

and ok thanks for the information... and do you know if its possible to take off the compressor without pulling out the engine, b/c it seems like theres no room for it to drop down or come out throught the engine bay

Comment

Thanks swmo, that link helps a lot. Was just what I needed for that thread I made several days back about the heater
              Hoonigan: a person who participates in any type of reckless driving including but not limited to drifting, drag racing, burnouts, doughnuts as well as acts of automotive aeronautics.
              MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=195250

Comment

and ok thanks for the information... and do you know if its possible to take off the compressor without pulling out the engine, b/c it seems like theres no room for it to drop down or come out throught the engine bay
                It is possible. You'll have to remove the alternator first - and possibly the radiator and/or PS pump.

Before you disconnect anything from the AC system, take the car to a shop and have them suck out the refrigerant.

Comment

No you dont pull the engine to take the compressor out.

You have to take all the old R12 or 134A out before you work on it tho. You can take it to a shop to do this the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverFox View Post
                    Thanks swmo, that link helps a lot. Was just what I needed for that thread I made several days back about the heater
                    Your very welcome! Im glad i could help! That picture on familycar.com makes it pretty easy to understand. I like it.

Comment

You need to buy a vacuum manifold and attach it to the A/C to pump out the refrigerant. Autozone rents them. Read everything twice, watch videos, look at pictures. The only things you need to maintenance are the service ports.

Better yet, take it to an A/C technician if you are still lost before you mess with pressurized lines and lose a finger.

Also if you have a stock R12 you will need to take it to a shop anyway because it is illegal to vent it into the atmosphere, and I think illegal to handle without a license.

EDIT: just noticed others said the same thing ... sorry for being a broken record. BTW POST #30
                      Last edited by wildBill83; 08-04-2012, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                        You need to buy a vacuum manifold and attach it to the A/C to pump out the refrigerant. Autozone rents them. Read everything twice, watch videos, look at pictures. The only things you need to maintenance are the service ports.

Better yet, take it to an A/C technician if you are still lost before you mess with pressurized lines and lose a finger.

Also if you have a stock R12 you will need to take it to a shop anyway because it is illegal to vent it into the atmosphere, and I think illegal to handle without a license.

EDIT: just noticed others said the same thing ... sorry for being a broken record. BTW POST #30
                        hahahhaha i was just reading your other thread about you being frustrated and that you cant post anything in the advanced section hahahhaha funny... u got ur 30!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X