An interesting way to handle traffic stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interesting way to handle traffic stops

Granted, this completely erases your chances of getting off with a warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwYBshAScmE

No police bashing.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Looks like he was testing/showing off his knowledge of the law. I think that it was a stupid move. Yeah it's entertaining to watch but he's made himself a target for no reason. Later on if that officer or any other local police man that this policeman tells the story to recognizes him or the vehicle you bet your ass he's going to get followed and harassed for no reason. So unless he gets off on being harassed by cops I really don't see a positive here.
    Last edited by mappyCB7; 03-26-2013, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mappyCB7 View Post
      Looks like he was testing/showing off his knowledge of the law. I think that it was a stupid move. Yeah it's entertaining to watch but he's made himself a target for no reason. Later on if that officer or any other local police man that this policeman tells the story to recognizes him or the vehicle you bet your ass he's going to get followed and harassed for no reason. So unless he gets off on being harassed by cops I really don't see a positive here.
      But, obviously, he will be filming the officer that pulls him over. If the officer harasses him, then he will be able to press charges for any illegal behavior on the officer's part. It kind of seems like he's setting them up to get in trouble, but the police need to learn that they can't extend their power beyond the law. I've had my car illegally searched, that officer is no longer an officer anymore.

Comment

Stupid.... If the cop was smart he would have him step out of the car. If i walked up to a car after pulling it over and the guy wouldnt roll his window down and was refusing to answer question then thats enough to make him get out and pat him down for weapons for officer safety. Its comes off as very suspicous.

I would then write him a ticket for speeding, for obstructig the rearview, and anything else i could find.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post
          Stupid.... If the cop was smart he would have him step out of the car. If i walked up to a car after pulling it over and the guy wouldnt roll his window down and was refusing to answer question then thats enough to make him get out and pat him down for weapons for officer safety. Its comes off as very suspicous.

I would then write him a ticket for speeding, for obstructig the rearview, and anything else i could find.
          Only rolling the window down that much is completely fine. It almost guarantees a ticket though.
          Cops usually want it all the way down to smell weed, your breath, and because they don't have to shout.
          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
            Only rolling the window down that much is completely fine. It almost guarantees a ticket though.
            Cops usually want it all the way down to smell weed, your breath, and because they don't have to shout.
            Just to smell weed? Dude, everyone doesn't smoke weed....

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
              I want the window all the way down for safety and for drugs/alcohol. I dont want to get my hand caught or lean in to the window for whatever reason.. Plus he could be trying to hide the fact he has been drinking. Im making him put that window down or he is getting out of the car. Im a cop i know why iwant that window down

Comment

Nice! And legal. I like this video.

The guy makes good points too. Many times its the officers call/discretion if you were "resisting", "slurring your speech", or any other suspicious activity. He should have probable cause before he pulled you over. Or I should say he should have a reason to pull you over and not pull you over to look for a reason.

Too many times I've been pulled over for no reason. None! No ticket issued and all I hear are excuses for pulling me over. The top best are "we got a call that you hit a curb", "you swerved back there", "general check", or they simply ask questions and note who I am and where I am from. (A lot has to do with my car).

I am more than happy to help the police as I have nothing to hide, and in the past I have done everything they have asked. But after it happening so many times I now hate police. I'm pissed, frightened, sick of being picked on for no reason. I feel they aren't out to help me but instead meet their quota with a "riced" out honda driver.

Comment

I want the window all the way down for safety and for drugs/alcohol. I dont want to get my hand caught or lean in to the window for whatever reason.. Plus he could be trying to hide the fact he has been drinking. Im making him put that window down or he is getting out of the car. Im a cop i know why iwant that window down
                  The burden of proof then lies on the government.

Why should I make the government's job of finding me guilty any easier?
                  14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

that was stupid. just give them what they want and take whatever they give you like a man. by the way, you can't do that on probation.
                    1993 Honda Accord LX
                    2006 Yamaha R6
                    2004 Acura TSX

Comment

I believe in exercising my rights whenever possible. Not a lot of people are told just how far they can go, so when your average person does it, it provides a nice little adrenaline rush.

However, I dislike people like him. I know a few and while they're cool people, they take this shit too far. They're the kind of people who believe, or think, that they only have to follow the constitution as it was written that day, in that courtroom, 200+ years ago and that any new additions or amendments don't have to followed.

I get both sides. I understand the government's views and I know why cops want to see and hear everything but I also see where they have the opportunity to, and sometimes do, overstep the line(s). And I know why people think that cops are just there to provide them protection from wrong do-ers, etc. But sometimes I feel like the only reason people do this kind of stuff is to over exercise their rights.

Yes, he did nothing illegal. Whether or not a cop is trying to find any shred of evidence or cause against him, or anyone, is up for debate, but this stop took 15 minutes. Most standard traffic stops should take an average of 6 minutes. But because this guy wanted to be a fuckhead and, essentially, pull rank, it took 3 times longer than it should have.

I could now say that this is obstructing justice. Literally. That cop could've been out stopping real criminals instead of dealing with this ass. Is it our rights and duty to exercise our rights? Yes. But know when to do it. Christ.

The cop's job is to uphold the law. If you've been drinking or smoking weed(breaking the law) and he cant tell because you wont look at him or roll your window down, you're obstructing justice. Plain and simple. If you don't want him to smell what you've been smoking, see your dilated pupils, or smell your breath, then maybe you shouldn't have been doing it in the first place. You have the right, for the most part, to do those things in your own home. But once you get behind the wheel of a vehicle, it becomes illegal.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

so if i have a convertible, do i need to roll my window down?
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

No, roll it up.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

convertible:
                            Cop: license and reg
                            Driver: ...
                            Cop: license and reg!
                            Driver: cant hear you!
                            Cop: sir your top is down...
                            Driver: but my windows up so i cant hear you!
                            Cop: srlsy?

visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                              convertible:
                              Cop: license and reg
                              Driver: ...
                              Cop: license and reg!
                              Driver: cant hear you!
                              Cop: sir your top is down...
                              Driver: but my windows up so i cant hear you!
                              Cop: srlsy?

I'd love to see this video

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              so if i have a convertible, do i need to roll my window down?
                              Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                              No, roll it up.
                              Fucking gold.

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
                              Just to smell weed? Dude, everyone doesn't smoke weed....
                              I'm not saying they do. I'm listing examples.

So, my points are valid?
                              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                              X