car wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car wont start

ok you guys i just got this coupe from Jarrett and i cant get it to start. the car has been sitting for 13 months. so i dropped the tank and emptyed the fuel checked to see if the pump was still good while it was out and it was. so the i checked for spark i have it. but here is the problem the injectors wont spit and the fuel pump wont prime. but when you turn the key to start it the pump works. im so lost right now i checked all the possible fuses and the main relay. what else could it possibly be

loosen the fuel line on the fuel rail try, 2 start the car so u can see if the fuel is gettin 2 the motor. if not change the fuel filter.

Comment

i did that and the fuel only comes out when i try to start it it doesnt come out when i prime the fuel pump

Comment

change the spark plugs.

Comment

plugs and wires are new and its not the spark that im worried about its fuel delivery. the injectors are not spitting and the pump is not priming im tryin to figure out those two problems

Comment

if it was spittin fuel when you crunk the car it was probably already primed. and are u gettin spark in at least 3 wires because the car wont run on less than 3 cilinders.

Comment

unless the ecu isnt tellin lhe injectors 2 skeet, skeet, skeet, i really dont think more than 1 injector went bad.

Comment

i have spark in all 4 cylinders and when i checked to see if the fuel pump was priming i loosened the nut on the rail then turned the key to where the dash lights come on and the pump didnt prime but when i go to start the car fuel comes out like crazy from the rail.

Comment

as for the injectors being bad i have a brand new pair thats gonna go on my turboed sedan i put the new ones on the rail to see it they sould spit but they didnt either but they do in the sedan

Comment

Will it start briefly if starting fluid is shot into the throttle body?
                    Originally posted by chessboxer
                    We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                    Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

i didnt try that yet but im sure it would if i did

Comment

could it be the ignition switch cuz i have went through everything else

Comment

come on guy help me out i really want this coupe runnin

Comment

Change the fuel filter. It could be clogged (if that's upstream from where you already know you're getting fuel)

Or you have badly clogged injectors to me. Which is possible if it has been sitting 13 months.

Try cleaning the injectors too.

Or, first, make sure your spark plug wire order is correct on the dist. cap.

You've verified spark at all four plugs, but if the timing sequence is off then the car won't start or run.
                            Last edited by batever; 06-15-2009, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Fuel filter would be a good start.

But you don't have 4 clogged injectors. LOL.

It could be that you have a bad fuel pump that's not adequately pumping and holding pressure. Thats what it sounds like anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X