Coming back for more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
    Rust alone is worth steering clear of, regardless of the condition of the car, especially since being in FL, road salt is less of an issue.

I have read about people in FL dealing with quarter panel rust in Hondas, though. I remember a member here, BustedLX (a real old-timer) messaging me about my quarter panel repair work since his car had that issue and he lived in FL.

That being said, as nice as that wagon appears to be, the rust is a can of worms, and I'd tend to avoid it.
    I remember BustedLX, lol I have been around a while. Deev you bring up a good point with the retirees. This may be one of those cars. But I think you hit the nail on the head AccordWarrior, I would avoid that wagon.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I found a 91 LX 5spd w/ 167k in white. Looks like it already has aftermarket projector headlights blackhoused, and engine is all stock. AZ car too so no rust at all. This guy originally posted a month ago for 1700 and lowered to 1500. I'm sure you can get it for 1000-1200 if you play your cards right since there isn't a whole lot of interest on it and its been on the market for awhile

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5986812097.html

Last edited by Losiracer2; 02-06-2017, 12:27 PM.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Grumpy, your one in Atl is 👌👌

But that one in AZ is a stick.........
        Hmmmm. And the price is great.

Come on IRS!!
        Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

That AZ car look like it's got serious radiator support damage, with how far in the headlights are sitting. Everything up front looks misaligned.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I agree on that one. Aftermarket bumper lights, corners, and headlights. Lack of grille. Bumper isn't sitting straight. Bumper is all white, lacking the black strip the original stock bumper would have. I didn't even notice the headlights were pushed back!
            That car was definitely hit in the front and hastily repaired. Could it still be worth $1000? Certainly. 5 speed CB7, no rear quarter rust (unless it originally came from elsewhere, and that was crappily repaired too...) As long as the suspension isn't horribly tweaked, that's something that can be fixed properly by anyone with a hint of skill.
            Is it worth traveling from FL to AZ to pay $1000 for a car that had its nose broken? That's debatable. If it runs well, I'd say it's worth considering. Pop in a new core support, retrofit those headlights, respray the entire car (probably something more interesting than stock frost white.)

Comment

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5977132712.html

I'm headed down to Houston this weekend, too.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

That's a good find jarrett.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                  That AZ car look like it's got serious radiator support damage, with how far in the headlights are sitting. Everything up front looks misaligned.
                  Yeah, that's what I was leery of when looking at the front end. And notice how they didn't post a pic of the entire engine bay, leaving the core support pic out of the bay pic.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  I agree on that one. Aftermarket bumper lights, corners, and headlights. Lack of grille. Bumper isn't sitting straight. Bumper is all white, lacking the black strip the original stock bumper would have. I didn't even notice the headlights were pushed back!
                  That car was definitely hit in the front and hastily repaired. Could it still be worth $1000? Certainly. 5 speed CB7, no rear quarter rust (unless it originally came from elsewhere, and that was crappily repaired too...) As long as the suspension isn't horribly tweaked, that's something that can be fixed properly by anyone with a hint of skill.
                  Is it worth traveling from FL to AZ to pay $1000 for a car that had its nose broken? That's debatable. If it runs well, I'd say it's worth considering. Pop in a new core support, retrofit those headlights, respray the entire car (probably something more interesting than stock frost white.)
                  With as rare as CB9 wagons are, especially in a stick, it might be worth while vs. buying an Auto one and having to convert everything to stick.

Maybe they're just not skilled in lining bumpers and headlights up?

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                  Grumpy, your one in Atl is 👌👌

But that one in AZ is a stick.........
                  Hmmmm. And the price is great.

Come on IRS!!
                  If you're super serious about the one local to me, I can arrange to meet him and snap some pics if he isn't too far away from me and possibly test drive it to see how it goes down the road.

I hosted CPmike for a day back in Oct 15' and helped him get his new 93 SE Coupe up and running for his drive home to Colorado swapping Axles and a few other things.

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I found another wagon with a H22 swap and Auto for 2500. Looks a bit cleaner than the other one I posted. Body has 253k, but had a recent TB/WP done on the engine 10k miles ago. Even has AC and PS. Swap looks properly done too if they incorporated all those accessories. Wheels look kinda too big though.

https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/5971186683.html

Last edited by Losiracer2; 02-07-2017, 09:11 AM.

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I found a second one. 1500 bucks, guy says he's got all receipts for parts. Runs and drives reliably, he claims.

https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/5957629966.html

member's ride thread
                      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

That second looks like it has hit or been hit in the back and the driver side headlight looks sunken in or it's just the corner light not seated. The body on that is a little rough, dented hatch, creased fenders and rear bumper. The H22 one looks good though only thing I notice is the rear q panel looks like they either cut it or rolled it to fit the wheel maybe
                        ~Nick~

Comment

I found this one. Doesn't give much description but it has a decent paint job and fogs in PA for 1500
                          https://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto/5982695143.html

Sorry on iPad or else I would post the pics.
                          ~Nick~

Comment

^ Nice color, too. What's up with the pass-side of the rear bumper being pushed in? I can't remember if there's anything structural in that area on CBs, maybe the bumper is just warped? Also interesting is the 9091 grille & headlights paired with 9293 corners and bumper.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                              Yeah, that's what I was leery of when looking at the front end. And notice how they didn't post a pic of the entire engine bay, leaving the core support pic out of the bay pic.

With as rare as CB9 wagons are, especially in a stick, it might be worth while vs. buying an Auto one and having to convert everything to stick.

Maybe they're just not skilled in lining bumpers and headlights up?

If you're super serious about the one local to me, I can arrange to meet him and snap some pics if he isn't too far away from me and possibly test drive it to see how it goes down the road.

I hosted CPmike for a day back in Oct 15' and helped him get his new 93 SE Coupe up and running for his drive home to Colorado swapping Axles and a few other things.
                              If you wouldn't mind, I would love to know how bad the front support damage is, whether the a.c. works or not, and whether you think it'll make the drive to fl....
                              If you have the time, and the distance is manageable.

Tix to Az run about 200 for one way, and if the car is only 1k, its not a bad deal.

It saves me a lot of hassle to not have to swap to manual.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                                Pretty sure I have the car for you, waiting to confirm that it's still for sale.
                                ?? Any word on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X