Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My 91 ex auto gets my 94 Prelude's everything it needs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 91 ex auto gets my 94 Prelude's everything it needs.....

Ok....a lil bit about my situation....I have a 91 ex coupe and a 94 vtec Prelude. I would say I'm about half way through the swap, my 1st attempt at a swap of any kind. The cpe was an auto, now it's not! From all I've gathered about the wiring to mate these 2, it seems as though it's relatively simple when you have both cars.

However, all the info that I've been able to find is on how to wire up the vtec, nobody says anything about the few extra plugs on the h22 that don't have a mate in the bay of the cpe.

1st....there's a 2pin molex with @ 10awg wires, 1 is blk/wht, the other blk/yellow. I'm guessing 1 is for the starter, the other being ign for the alternator?

Oh just fyi, I spent 20 yrs in the car audio and electronics industry as a tech/fabricator/installer as well as several yrs working the service dept at honda dealerships, so my knowledge comes from a lifetime in and around the car industry with an emphasis/love for Hondas, so that's the summary of my skill set.

2nd....there's a 4pin molex in which 2 of the wires go to the ecm the 2nd biggest plug (b is it?) A wht to pin 9 and a red/blue to pin 20 n then a org/wht and a brn/blk that went someplace else in the prelude.

I extracted the plugs and all the wires that went through the firewall from the Prelude so that I had the ecm plugs intact to all the plugs that were under the hood so that I could walk it over to the cpe in the name of comparison.

3rdly.....there's a 10pin plug that has 6 wires that go to the ecm and 4the that went elsewhere in the Prelude...a red/wht, a green/blk, a wht/yellow, & a yellow. The others a pink one to pin a17 i think (the big plug), pin 8a of the lil plug got a red/grn, n then the others went to the med plug, pin10 a yellow/lt blue, pin 8 a red/yellow, a lt blue in pin 17.

I think that info is accurate, n then of course there's the grn/yellow one for the vtec.... now in the bay of the cpe theres also a 14pin molex on the drivets side with no mate as well as the one that was for the automatic on the pass side.

I wish I still had access to the factory Honda tech manuals like I did back in the day, but I don't, all I have is a stupid fricken Chiltons for 84-95 accord/prelude n even a beginner like ne knows what a joke that is.

And to add to my adversity I'm doing all this from my android, much help needed and all is appreciated.....Thanx!

This is edited from the 1stPrelude post...sorry!

It sounds like you may be trying to use the H22 engine harness. You should use the CB7 engine harness and run separate wires for the vtec solenoid and vtec oil pressure sensor; run them straight to the ECU. The dummy light oil pressure switch on the back of the block will need the plug off of the H22 harness. Some plugs won't go to anything since you swapped auto to 5spd. The Haynes 90-93 manual has good enough wiring diagrams to show you what wires went to the auto shifting solenoids so you can eliminate those extra plugs/wires. You'll need to run the reverse light wires from the shifter harness to the top of the tranny as well.

You may need to rewire your H22 distributor if your car originally had an external coil distributor. Its easily done by adding the green wire, just compare the external and internal coil distributors to see what needs done.
    Last edited by EJX_Michael; 07-19-2013, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Do what everyone else does and get a wire diagram and match wires from Accord harness chassis harness to Prelude motor harness or use the Accord motor harness and add wires.

Comment

Working...
      X