Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New rolled on paintjob!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rolled on paintjob!

For starters this is what it looked like before

then I got a new bumper and grill.

Now...

The hood is chalkboard by the way

I know there's no up close pics and that's because there's alot of orange peel and i don't know if i'm going to fix it or not yet because i'm not completely sure if I like the color.
    Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Looks pretty damn good to me. You're almost guaranteed alot of orange peel when you roll on paint. Nothing a good scuff and buff can't fix though! Ill be doing my whole car in roll on chalkboard paint as soon as it warms up here.

Comment

That's the color I was playing with. I had difficulty getting it to lay properly without streaking. Apparently some Rustoleum colors work better than others for this.
      Did you do proper wetsanding? It's going to look like ass until you sand it properly, regardless.

Comment

Doesn't look half bad. Proper wetsanding and buffing need to happen to smooth it out some, but it looks like it laid out uniformly. How much prep work did you do? I kind of liked the original color too haha

Comment

Yeah, the original paint wasn't in bad shape. It's a shame to see that ruined... but I can always appreciate an attempt at a roller job. It never looks perfect, but the idea intrigues me.
          Sadly, you'd get better results with $250 at Maaco.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Yeah, the original paint wasn't in bad shape. It's a shame to see that ruined... but I can always appreciate an attempt at a roller job. It never looks perfect, but the idea intrigues me.
            Still the same amount of wetsanding and buffing afterwards though lol

Comment

Looks good man.

Liking the new bumper!
              Jay
              HondaLina
              91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

if you know a little bit about sanding and also about buffing, you can get pretty good results.

later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

That's the color I was playing with. I had difficulty getting it to lay properly without streaking. Apparently some Rustoleum colors work better than others for this.
                  Did you do proper wetsanding? It's going to look like ass until you sand it properly, regardless.
                  I had no difficulty at all to get it to lay without streaking but i havent done any sanding on it at all yet because i may mix a small amount of black into the paint to darken it some

I just didnt have any close up pics but trust me that paint paint wasnt original nor in good shape lol. There were chips everywhere and some rust spots were starting to develop so i jumped on it before it had a chance to get ugly.

Originally posted by Dyesuperman View Post
                  Doesn't look half bad. Proper wetsanding and buffing need to happen to smooth it out some, but it looks like it laid out uniformly. How much prep work did you do? I kind of liked the original color too haha
                  I just did the basic prep work. Sand it until its not glossy then primer over the rust spots to get them covered then i rolled it on. I still never sanded anymore past the first time.

Originally posted by CB7_JAY91 View Post
                  Looks good man.

Liking the new bumper!
                  I appreciate it man! I got from a guy who used to be on here! His old name was 90-jdmcb7. Really cool guy.
                  Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                    if you know a little bit about sanding and also about buffing, you can get pretty good results.

later.
                    dear mother of god.

Comment

before looked better
                      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                        before looked better
                        x2 why not paint the hood and bumper?
                        COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                          dear mother of god.
                          Ohh yaa, from your lips, to God's ears Ralphie!
                          When Brian does it, it ain't finished, til it's finished.
                          Major props on that hood (?) Brian!

I had to look twice at that photo to figure it out.
                          To be honest, I'm still not sure what it is that I'm looking at!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

If there's anyone in the world that could figure out how to polish a turd... it'd be TypeG.

Comment

lol i didn't do that hood, came from google images. been wanting to to a $50 paint job though.

no need to polish a turd. they already come out shiny, lmao. later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                              X