Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I want a subtle system(sub and amp)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
    You could look into 8" subs? a couple nice 8" with a nice amp wouldn't be to much..
    I've seen a dude hit 140's with 2 8's. The size of the sub doesn't dictate what it plays. I've had 8's out hit 15's and 15's more musical than 8's. I've got my 2-12's crossed over at 120hz, and they play it fine.

If your looking for easy, and cheap. I've had good luck with fusion dual 12 powered enclosures. Subs, box, amp, and wires all in one box

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
      I've seen a dude hit 140's with 2 8's. The size of the sub doesn't dictate what it plays. I've had 8's out hit 15's and 15's more musical than 8's. I've got my 2-12's crossed over at 120hz, and they play it fine.

If your looking for easy, and cheap. I've had good luck with fusion dual 12 powered enclosures. Subs, box, amp, and wires all in one box
      I think for what the OP is wanting is more common in 10s and with almost no adjustments. He will most likely want to put it together, wire it up and go. 30 min job.

My cheap Hifonics HF series 12s on a single Pioneer 760 is loud. They rattle the spring loaded bars in my trunk. (what pushes the trunk lid open) I have to keep a Renthal handle bar pad straped around one of them to keep them quiet. And when i had the system installed my rear view mirror was useless. I could have turned them down but they didnt sound very good turned down. You could tell they were meant to be played loud.

Fusion? The green alien like audio brand from New Zealand? Thats still around?

EDIT: Wow! These are still around! And they look even cooler than they used to. http://www.fusionelectronics.com/car...edge-enclosure
      Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-03-2012, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I just have to get into this conversation.

Its not just about size of sub like most of you said. Any sub worth anything should give specs on frequency range. Obviously the lower the better.

My brother has a powerbass s124d in a sealed box. Its rated down to 32hz and it sounds pretty good. The highs are pretty good too. But it isnt enough for me.
        I got an RE srx sub in a ported box tuned to 32hz it definitely hits the lows better and it just sounds sooo clean. It might not hit the high notes as good as the powerbass, it does hit them pretty descently. But the lows definitely justify the extra money, at least for me, over a cheaper sub. And a better known brand doesnt necessarily mean better. My friend has two CRV Kickers, and sure they bump more, but even he's said it, mine simply sounds cleaner. Like the bass sounds a lot more natural.

Either way I suggest getting something like that but in a sealed box. (Well it also depends what you consider subtle). Get something that has good sound quality. Its rarely going to be something under a 100, but all you have to do is shop around, and read reviews. Just my 2, or 10 cents

Comment

Originally posted by SWMO View Post
          I think for what the OP is wanting is more common in 10s and with almost no adjustments. He will most likely want to put it together, wire it up and go. 30 min job.

My cheap Hifonics HF series 12s on a single Pioneer 760 is loud. They rattle the spring loaded bars in my trunk. (what pushes the trunk lid open) I have to keep a Renthal handle bar pad straped around one of them to keep them quiet. And when i had the system installed my rear view mirror was useless. I could have turned them down but they didnt sound very good turned down. You could tell they were meant to be played loud.

Fusion? The green alien like audio brand from New Zealand? Thats still around?

EDIT: Wow! These are still around! And they look even cooler than they used to. http://www.fusionelectronics.com/car...edge-enclosure
          Yep..them. Enough to rattle the mirrors in a car, and all in one. They make a single sub version, but it's not enough for a trunk car, but sounds good in a suv. The first set I tryed, I was kinda impressed, then looked at what it cost, and smiled ear to ear. We ordered 10 more and sold them...not one has come back for return.

Comment

You could get by with a bass tube with dual 8" woofers if your just looking for a bit more umph and the amp is included with the tube making wiring and mounting easy and compact. Infinity also makes a nice 10" all in one sub system too. stop in a best buy and take a look, just don't ask the idiot sales man a question.

Comment

the sas bazooka tubes are pretty damn good....the infinty basslink is absolutely horrible
              SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Originally posted by lilg4mdalbc View Post
                I just have to get into this conversation.

Its not just about size of sub like most of you said. Any sub worth anything should give specs on frequency range. Obviously the lower the better.

My brother has a powerbass s124d in a sealed box. Its rated down to 32hz and it sounds pretty good. The highs are pretty good too. But it isnt enough for me.
                I got an RE srx sub in a ported box tuned to 32hz it definitely hits the lows better and it just sounds sooo clean. It might not hit the high notes as good as the powerbass, it does hit them pretty descently. But the lows definitely justify the extra money, at least for me, over a cheaper sub. And a better known brand doesnt necessarily mean better. My friend has two CRV Kickers, and sure they bump more, but even he's said it, mine simply sounds cleaner. Like the bass sounds a lot more natural.

Either way I suggest getting something like that but in a sealed box. (Well it also depends what you consider subtle). Get something that has good sound quality. Its rarely going to be something under a 100, but all you have to do is shop around, and read reviews. Just my 2, or 10 cents
                Its Kicker CVR. They also make CVT and CVX. A 10" will most generally give you punchier tighter bass, and a 12" will give louder bass, but the main thing that will determine the quality and or volume of the subwoofer will be the enclosure that its in.

You need to match your componets all around. If you have entry level car speakers and go with two loud 12" subs you will kill the way the system sounds. Alot of times you can barely hear your speakers when the subs hit this way. Some people like it. I dont. I like sound quality. I think the OP does too by what he said but im not going to speak for him.

Comment

Lmao. I always think CRV. Well thanx for the correction, but you do have a point. You could have beautiful bass, but if your mids and highs don't match, than, IMO, it sounds like crap.

Comment

Working...
                  X