CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Technical

Old 09-09-2019, 05:00 PM   #1
zedjr10
Gold Member

zedjr10 may have said something they shouldn't have...
Do different ac compressors brands pump r134a better?

So i tracked my vibration at idle down to my ac compressor. It really only does it when it is above 85 outside so took me a while to realize it was that. I thought it was something else.I read somewhere that different compressors handle r134a better as opposed to r12. R12 is easier to compress. I redid entire system a year ago and put in a denso 471-1186. Does hadsys or another brand work better with r134a?
zedjr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:03 PM   #2
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedjr10 View Post
So i tracked my vibration at idle down to my ac compressor. It really only does it when it is above 85 outside so took me a while to realize it was that. I thought it was something else.I read somewhere that different compressors handle r134a better as opposed to r12. R12 is easier to compress. I redid entire system a year ago and put in a denso 471-1186. Does hadsys or another brand work better with r134a?
Not to my knowledge. They are simply just compressors that pump liquid. Your AC compressor will have to work harder at higher temps.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:30 PM   #3
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
I had a 93 Ex with a Hadsys that I converted to Denso. It's been a while but as I recall the Hadsys compressor took a little more refrigerant and is a little bigger. I think the suction and or discharge lines were different as well. The bracket mounting the compressor to the block is also different.

I went to Denso because I could rebuild the compressor. I converted to R134a at this time and it worked well. If you have a Denso stay with it is my suggestion. The slightly bigger Hadsys isn't worth it. And they both work on R134a the same in my experience.
H311RA151N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:51 PM   #4
zedjr10
Gold Member

zedjr10 may have said something they shouldn't have...
Quote:
Originally Posted by H311RA151N View Post
I had a 93 Ex with a Hadsys that I converted to Denso. It's been a while but as I recall the Hadsys compressor took a little more refrigerant and is a little bigger. I think the suction and or discharge lines were different as well. The bracket mounting the compressor to the block is also different.

I went to Denso because I could rebuild the compressor. I converted to R134a at this time and it worked well. If you have a Denso stay with it is my suggestion. The slightly bigger Hadsys isn't worth it. And they both work on R134a the same in my experience.
93 is r134a stock i believe. Maybe I slugged my compressor a bit a year ago. Lesson learned. It is just an effn annoying vibration when compressor cuts on at idle and hot inside of cabin. I think the rear chinese motor mount i put in might contribute something to do with it also. I don't think it is my idler pulley or is it called something else on these cars. It is like the compressor is working too hard. It is slight but that is what i am down to making this car drive perfect. Winter is coming up so i won't have to be annoyed by it till next spring.
zedjr10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: