Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My 91 f22a6 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 91 f22a6 build

Ok right now it has a f22a1 that is blown in half.
    So i am planning on getting an f22a6 and putting that in.
    My question is what else do i need. Ive read alot of mixed opinions and alot of off topic bashing with everyone dissing on a a6 swap instead of a h22.

I will be getting a f22a6 since thats what i can afford i have a p06 being socketed right now by a local guy. But what else do i need to do? What do i need for the IABs? And while the motor is out what maintenance should i do to it also?

Also one day i will be doing a small turbo build plans are to run 7-10psi so info on that will be appreciative.

Heres how she sits right now

http://
    Last edited by TRudolph; 08-24-2015, 01:16 AM.

timing belt, water pump, front and rear main seals, cam seal, tube seals, new plugs and wires, cap and rotor. thats the minimum i would do

Comment

I was looking at water pumps and timing kits. Didnt think of the rest of that; thanks.

Comment

Don't ever buy a "kit". You end up with inferior parts. You're just paying someone to put them together in a convenient package for you.

When it comes to important things like that... stuff that will destroy your engine if they fail... buy OEM Honda parts. Look up those junky "kits" on ebay, and use them as a shopping list ONLY. Then go to hondaautomotiveparts.com, or a similar OEM parts retailer (or a local dealership), and buy your parts there.
        It's money well spent. A few dollars more for an OEM part is going to save you money in the long run, as the failure of a cheaper version of that part could result in total engine failure (I'm envisioning the rear main seal here...)

Also, investing in a Helm manual would be a VERY wise decision. With that manual and the correct tools, you could build a CB7 from a pile of parts.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Im new to the honda world so i will most likely be looking at a manual to use.

Comment

You can buy a cheaper Haynes manual, but they're not great. Helm is the official Honda shop manual, and everything is covered in very clear detail. It's well worth the investment. I consider mine to be one of the best tools I ever purchased.

Stay away from Chilton. FAR away. It covers 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation Accords, as well as 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation Preludes. Carbureted, fuel injected, 1.6L to 2.7L, VTEC, non-VTEC, 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder, manual, automatic, 2 wheel steering, 4 wheel steering... yeah, it's 100&#37; useless.

Comment

I will look into a helms if i cant get one ill have to get a Haynes.

Cant wait to get working on this car. I just hope everything goes smoothly

Comment

Haynes

Seriously the Haynes manuals are great for getting to an important assembly or disassembly and then like a dead beat dad give you the old "I'm going out for a pack of smokes ." Leaving you holding the bag .

Comment

Dang thats stupid. Is the helm an actual paperback book or just the online pdfs? All i can find is the online stuff.

Comment

www.helminc.com

They don't appear to offer a 1991 service manual, just the electrical troubleshooting manual and owner's manual. 1992 service manual is $75. 1993 service manual is $48. You might want to get a 92 or 93 (many things are the same) because these would cover the mechanics and wiring for an F22A6 (EX).

Take a look on ebay or Amazon, you may be able to find a used one for less.
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

rhanks for the input guys however i am sad to say i had to sell both my hondas didnt get much for them but i didnt spend mucb either
                      In the future i will have another cb7 and i will make it glorious

Comment

well here it is I am now starting to look for another cb7.
                        I have to save up first but it will be soon... hopefully

Comment

Well gents I may be getting a coupe this week if things go right will post pics as soon as I do

Comment

Working...
                          X