Adjusting my baseline idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting my baseline idle

I got a 92 ex coupe m/t. I am following the diy on adjusting my baseline idle. Here is the post http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=146239 . So I turn screw CW to bring idle down but there is no more room for that screw to turn CW. It sais to gouge it out but i don't see how that is done. I took screw out to see and i don't see how that screw will turn in more. I don't want to ruin anything. So do i sort of just use brute force to keep turning that screw in till it breaks something loose? Or do i ram a flat head or phillips head in there and gouge out whatever is stopping that screw from turning inwards.

Forget the scrapping part or breaking anything. If your idle is still high and you have the screw all the way in then you have something else going on. Most likely an air leak after the MAP sensor, check around the throttle body. Search around for others who had high rpms and what the cause was. Also make sure your throttle cable is set properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Forget the scrapping part or breaking anything. If your idle is still high and you have the screw all the way in then you have something else going on. Most likely an air leak after the MAP sensor, check around the throttle body. Search around for others who had high rpms and what the cause was. Also make sure your throttle cable is set properly.
      Everything else is fine. I can get the idle at 800 rpms but not below that. I was shooting fro 750 rpms. It's a manual and i thought manuals were suppose to be lower idle than autos. Is there a way to adjust the iacv to bring idle down a bit? Does that hex screw on the lower side of it do anything? Maybe my timing is too advanced? Which is why i am setting the idle. SO i can do my timing next.

Comment

My timing was way advanced. Idles perfectly now. Drives overall better too but now worried what damage the advanced timing did.

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
          Everything else is fine. I can get the idle at 800 rpms but not below that. I was shooting fro 750 rpms. It's a manual and i thought manuals were suppose to be lower idle than autos. Is there a way to adjust the iacv to bring idle down a bit? Does that hex screw on the lower side of it do anything? Maybe my timing is too advanced? Which is why i am setting the idle. SO i can do my timing next.
          Ya, sounds like you're fine. 800 is ok with +/- 50.

Comment

When conducting the diy on baseline idle one thing that didn't really happen was idle drop.I was curious as to why when i disconnect iacv that my idle doesn't really drop. It changes then maybe drops 30 rpms. Could my extremely advanced timing cause this? I haven't tried it since adjusting the timing.

Comment

Working...
            X