this really enraged me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this really enraged me

Really? There has got to be a better solution than what happened here. I dont want this turning into a f**k the police thread, maybe more about the way police handle certain situations.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/23/us/tex...html?hpt=hp_t3

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

That's stupid. If our cops feel like there life is in danger from a civilian in a wheels chair with a pen, then we need better cops.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Im with you guys on this but honestly this video shows me one thing that departments need better training for certain situations. I mean think about it things happen what if you had a person who was pretending to be an amputee and as soon as the officer goes in to help them they get stabbed up. When working that field in that line of work things happen and not every scenario is the same.

Comment

Well, it could go both ways but I was not there so I cannot make a judgement on that. But I do know that those mentally ill people, especially the Schizos, are really strong compare to normal people.

Comment

I'm sure they had no choice in their action but this, but 1 shot to the head. seriously. wow. They're probably allowed to do this too, by law. Not sure what else to say. Eventually the cops just kick the door down, walk in and start firing, like the movies.

Comment

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say that's abuse of police power, but I could be wrong

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              I'm sure they had no choice in their action but this, but 1 shot to the head. seriously. wow. They're probably allowed to do this too, by law. Not sure what else to say. Eventually the cops just kick the door down, walk in and start firing, like the movies.
              Kick in the door waivin the 44 all you heard was popo dont hit me no more.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                Well, it could go both ways but I was not there so I cannot make a judgement on that. But I do know that those mentally ill people, especially the Schizos, are really strong compare to normal people.
                They got that zombie get off me death-grip

Comment

As with every other thread like this, we don't know what happened exactly. If a cop was cornered with a guy with an object in his hand making a stabbing motion, I'd be pretty scared too. Spray or a taser may be ideal to use first but only if possible.

IF in fear for your life or grievous bodily harm (GBH), or if in fear for the life/GBH of someone else, you can use the force necessary to eliminate that threat.

Kevlar vests are NOT stab proof.

Now, would you be willing to be cornered by a partially paralyzed person who was trying to stab you with a pen?

As with everything, there's probably other things that could have and should have happened but that's the end result. A+B=C
                  My Car
                  FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

That cop had been involved in another shooting. Not coincidence and I know, as cops, they're involved in these kind of situations all the time. I just think it's kinda crazy that he's been "seen" twice by the media.

All I'll say is that this why cops in London don't carry guns.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

To defend...whoever, being stabbed with a pen, wouldn't be a life-threatening injury. The victim could've had a post-it note and, for all intents and purposes, was threatening to paper cut the officer.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                        All I'll say is that this why cops in London don't carry guns.
                        And NZ
                        Though you also can't buy guns from "Walmart" in London or NZ.

Though from what I've seen on "Americas most wanted" and "Cops" if I was a cop in America I'd want a gun too.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I can't believe all the people who would be scared of a one armed, one legged man confined to a wheelchair holding something you can't see.

Ok if you can't see what he's holding he obviously isn't moving towards you as he needs his ONE ARM to move the wheel chair or he can move slowly by kicking his ONE LEG.

Oh no my partner is trapped, let me pull my gun out because rushing in and using my TWO ARMS AND TWO HANDS to subdue his ONE ARM AND ONE HAND is just not logical.

Then again if he only has one arm then wouldn't he only be able to move one direction? They really need to have higher standards for hiring police officers, takes someone special to get trapped by a man with one arm and a wheel chair.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                            Im with you guys on this but honestly this video shows me one thing that departments need better training for certain situations. I mean think about it things happen what if you had a person who was pretending to be an amputee and as soon as the officer goes in to help them they get stabbed up. When working that field in that line of work things happen and not every scenario is the same.
                            Exactly. Training is required. This officer was clearly not properly prepared to perform his duty.

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
                            I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say that's abuse of police power, but I could be wrong
                            I wouldn't say abuse. From the sound of it, they weren't acting maliciously. The cop was scared and acted irrationally. The man was an amputee. One leg, one arm. Police officers are trained to handle assailants with TWO legs and TWO arms, equipped with far more dangerous weapons than a pen! At least, they should be.

Pandemic is right, we only have a skewed account of this story... but when it comes down to it, I don't see how any other interpretation can be made other than a cop felt threatened enough by a schizo amputee with a pen that he believed he needed to shoot him in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
                              I can't believe all the people who would be scared of a one armed, one legged man confined to a wheelchair holding something you can't see.

Ok if you can't see what he's holding he obviously isn't moving towards you as he needs his ONE ARM to move the wheel chair or he can move slowly by kicking his ONE LEG.

Oh no my partner is trapped, let me pull my gun out because rushing in and using my TWO ARMS AND TWO HANDS to subdue his ONE ARM AND ONE HAND is just not logical.

Then again if he only has one arm then wouldn't he only be able to move one direction? They really need to have higher standards for hiring police officers, takes someone special to get trapped by a man with one arm and a wheel chair.
                              Couldn't agree more, I mean the man lived in a group home, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't allow weapons in there...this is just a really sad story

SOLD!!
                              Boosted H22

Comment

Working...
                              X