CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > DIYs > Exterior DIYs

Old 04-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #21
TheNextEpisode
CB7tuner Member

TheNextEpisode is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to TheNextEpisode
rofl very cool/creative.
Annotated pictures are an excellent way to go about DIYs. Just gotta hope that the hosting site sticks around for the DIYer 5 years from now.
TheNextEpisode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:19 AM   #22
lucifer1
CB7tuner Member

lucifer1 seems to have made some friends! lucifer1 seems to have made some friends!
After reading, I wanted to do this. Mainly since my mirrors were already apart for painting but So Cal winters can get so harsh you have to wear pants sometimes. After many trips to junkyard, I finally found a 1st gen TL with heated mirrors. I disassembled them and compared them to an accord while at the junkyard at they looked to match completely. So I took the glass and motors only. I did not get what year the car was, but the mirrors were the bumped out back versions.

After getting them home, I pulled apart the accord motors and they are basically identical except for colors and wire terminals. I simply mounted the heated base plate/glass on the accord motors. Then I soldered on the terminals so it will wire up in the connector. Alternatively, the whole heated motor/glass assembly will bolt into the accord mirror bracket but the motor wire terminals need to be changed.

So I guess if you find the right mirror you can save a little time not having to remove the glass from the base plate.

Comparison of the motors and glass

heater wires with terminals

wired up to the connector

finished
lucifer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #23
HenRoc
Black Thunder

HenRoc seems to have made some friends! HenRoc seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HenRoc
Clean Lucifer..but the next question is.

How do you properly wire them up?
1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video
HenRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #24
lucifer1
CB7tuner Member

lucifer1 seems to have made some friends! lucifer1 seems to have made some friends!
Ground one wire and run the other to the mirror switch. Then you split mirror power feed off to the defrost switch input. Which terminals to connect to depend on which switch you are using. There at least 4 different connector versions that will fit the stock location.
lucifer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:34 PM   #25
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1 View Post
After reading, I wanted to do this. Mainly since my mirrors were already apart for painting but So Cal winters can get so harsh you have to wear pants sometimes. After many trips to junkyard, I finally found a 1st gen TL with heated mirrors. I disassembled them and compared them to an accord while at the junkyard at they looked to match completely. So I took the glass and motors only. I did not get what year the car was, but the mirrors were the bumped out back versions.

After getting them home, I pulled apart the accord motors and they are basically identical except for colors and wire terminals. I simply mounted the heated base plate/glass on the accord motors. Then I soldered on the terminals so it will wire up in the connector. Alternatively, the whole heated motor/glass assembly will bolt into the accord mirror bracket but the motor wire terminals need to be changed.

So I guess if you find the right mirror you can save a little time not having to remove the glass from the base plate.

Comparison of the motors and glass

heater wires with terminals

wired up to the connector

finished
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1 View Post
Ground one wire and run the other to the mirror switch. Then you split mirror power feed off to the defrost switch input. Which terminals to connect to depend on which switch you are using. There at least 4 different connector versions that will fit the stock location.

I didn't see this before. Awesome information!
H311RA151N is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: