Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sleepers, watch who you talk trash to....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy has a GTP and it is very fast. He is currently focused on his Prelude, but soon he will be dropping in his ported and polished heads and a gen 2 supercharger he got for it. He loves stomping Mustangs and Chargers away from the stop lights...

Comment

Thats a great video.

Comment

i was stonefaced when he put down all that power.I give him props for that.My mom has a 98 regal now and its the regular ls model but its still hauls ass.My cb c cant keep up(in a straight line)the regal can handle but in its stock form there is way too much body roll.But if you were to lower it abit it would alot better.

I dont agree when he says most of us are loud and flashy.I dont think so. There are some cars out there that are pretty quiet and still pack a punch.

Comment

If you ask me this guy is the definition of ricer. Atleast, how ricers started.

-Guy thinks his car is fast, so he's challenging people to races on the street
          -Guy thinks his car is soo fast, but its completely stock
          -First two cars are completely stock, and he still races them.
          -Guy thinks less than 400whp in a 3500 lb car is "fast"
          -Guy thinks hes better than "loud pipe, bright light" rice cars, but hes racing a Buick with a few bolt on's.

Seriously...

What would be the first thought you would think if you saw a mustang, and a buick racing past you on the interstate while you are putting along with the wife and kids coming home from Applebees.

Is this guy cool, or are these guys ricers?

I mean, this guy was acting proud like its cool or something to show up at a car meet, and then challenge people to races in your "fast" car.

He is far to arrogant for me, and really his shit isnt that fast. In the real car world, daily drivers roast this guy. In the real car world, hes not going that fast at all.

And its an automatic. You proud of being able to push the gas pedal? How long did it take you to learn that one?
          Last edited by toycar; 10-30-2012, 10:22 AM.
          Originally posted by wed3k
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

The arrogant attitude, and the challenging of random drivers... that's pretty lame.

Still, I'm more impressed by a 400hp Regal than I am by an 800hp Camaro, honestly. Even if it's that automatic thing (many of the most impressive drag cars... "real cars"... are automatic, as are many of the most expensive exotic performance cars these days.)

I like seeing non-performance cars beefed up to perform... much like our CB7s.

Comment

Oh I agree that hard core race cars are generally auto's, but the tranny is far from stock.

I would be impressed if this guy just toned down the douchery and quit acting like its so surprising his car is quick.

Yeah, back in what, 1989 the car was just as fast.

He's not doing anything new.

OMG, its awesome to roast on ricers in my Buick.

The thing is-Buick has always made a decent runner.

I dunno, i respect the numbers the guy is making I just dont think its anything to make a claim to fame on.

And its not about the engine/platform either. Supercharge any of the cars he was racing and see if he still wins.

Any 15 year old kid thinks a civic is fast right? Get behind the wheel, stomp the pedal and woooaaahhhh hold the fuck on we are moving now. Add a muffler and an intake and jesus christ we are really moving now. Pair this attitude, with street racing and now you have a ricer.

Wait, thats exactly what this guy did, minus the intake and muffler.

Thats how I feel this guy and his "car guy" status came about.

If he was given a geo metro, I bet he would've raced that just the same. The guy is a ricer, not a racer.

In my opinion anyways.
              Last edited by toycar; 10-30-2012, 11:01 AM.
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Awesome video! I love sleepers!

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                  Oh I agree that hard core race cars are generally auto's, but the tranny is far from stock.

I would be impressed if this guy just toned down the douchery and quit acting like its so surprising his car is quick.

Yeah, back in what, 1989 the car was just as fast.

He's not doing anything new.

OMG, its awesome to roast on ricers in my Buick.

The thing is-Buick has always made a decent runner.

I dunno, i respect the numbers the guy is making I just dont think its anything to make a claim to fame on.

And its not about the engine/platform either. Supercharge any of the cars he was racing and see if he still wins.

Any 15 year old kid thinks a civic is fast right? Get behind the wheel, stomp the pedal and woooaaahhhh hold the fuck on we are moving now. Add a muffler and an intake and jesus christ we are really moving now. Pair this attitude, with street racing and now you have a ricer.

Wait, thats exactly what this guy did, minus the intake and muffler.

Thats how I feel this guy and his "car guy" status came about.

If he was given a geo metro, I bet he would've raced that just the same. The guy is a ricer, not a racer.

In my opinion anyways.

I was thinking something like you were about the vehicles he was running against.

Like when he raced that silver Mustang. I know for a fact that if i was in the supercharged Mustang that i just sold that I would be running about 155-165mph if i was to lay on it that long.

I know that because ive done it many times.

From what this video said we are in a way sleepers too. Modified daily commuters.

Comment

Hey now, Geo Metros can be a sweet little sleeper!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vF-Mc_HAXs
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sdjK...eature=related

Comment

I know there's tons of CB sleepers out there and here on the forum but, what I want to ask anyone who Is willing to answer. Can an evo 8 or an sti motor fit in a CB or has it been done already. Just asking
                      My Baby "CLEO", Slowly Making Her Mine

Comment

Anyone remember that turbo Yaris..?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by JFLEMING95 View Post
                          I know there's tons of CB sleepers out there and here on the forum but, what I want to ask anyone who Is willing to answer. Can an evo 8 or an sti motor fit in a CB or has it been done already. Just asking
                          A FWD 4g63 engine wouldn't be that hard to setup.

Anything AWD would be waaaayy too much work. Anything is possible, but seriously an unreasonable amount of work.

FWD 4g63 wouldn't be that hard since all of the motor mounts are generally in the same location and they use a cable shift tranny just like an accord. Im sure shits off a bit here and there, but the OEM mounts are generally in the same area so it would be easier to fab custom mounts.

For the sleeper conversation;

I wanna throw it out there that I think sleepers are sick. I just think this kid is a ricer.

If he had sought out and picked any one of these cars and decided to go sleeper with them I would feel differently. The way he tells his story is that circumstance landed him the cars, not desire.

He decided to be a racecar driver around town in his hand-me-down family sedan, and once he realized they had some balls now hes a racer, I mean a ricer. Calling people out when you show up to meets and racing in traffic is ricer to me. His epic, coolest/fastest sleeper car was coincidentally grandpas buick? Yeah right. He needed a car, and Grandpa hooked him up with a hand-me-down car being a cool G-pa.

Which makes this guy a ricer.

My thoughts...

Comment

I didn't read everyone's posts, but GM 60V6 3800 Series II FTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                              I didn't read everyone's posts, but GM 60V6 3800 Series II FTW!!!
                              its a good engine as long as you dont have LIMG or catch on fire problems.
                              COUPE K24

Comment

I use to own a Buick Park Avenue Ultra, it was a tank that could really accelerate.

Put a pulley kit on it and ZOOOOM!

Not to mention that motor is solid and super easy to work on. I would still have it today if it didn't have an electrical gremlin that would make it die on certain turns.

Comment

Working...
                                X