Cluster/Ground issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cluster/Ground issue

So every time i use my blinkers, headlights, parking lights, even if i'm at a stop and i put it in neutral, my speedo & rpm needle jump. then after a certain amount of time driving the speedo and rpm needles just stay on 0 and don't work at all. I feel like this is a bad ground and/or short somewhere. Does anyone have any ideas of where to look for bad grounds like a common area or a place to start? Electrical is tricky so if i can get a head start that'd be awesome.

got a FSM? it has detailed electrical schematics in there to help you get started Im too lazy to screen cap and post..so..good luck

Comment

Not familiar with FSM?

Comment

A typical problem area when the tachometer is acting up is the ground from the distributor wire bundle which attaches underneath the thermostat housing. Even if attached, it might be a good idea to remove the bolt, clean the contact surfaces, then reinstall the bolt.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNiCaNoCB7 View Post
          Not familiar with FSM?
          Factory service manual...burn your haynes.

Comment

Working...
          X