h2b?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h2b?

quick question. I see a lot of people out there looking for B Series transmission for h2b setup. are there any benefits to using the B Series transmission verses the H Series transmission?

Using a B transmission in an accord is a waste.

H2B is for cars with a different shift mechanism.

I would assume an M2B4 or T2W4 would be a better choice if you are looking for a good manual trans.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
      Using a B transmission in an accord is a waste.

H2B is for cars with a different shift mechanism.

I would assume an M2B4 or T2W4 would be a better choice if you are looking for a good manual trans.
      no I'm just exploring all my opinions... Just seeing if a b series tranny would benefit me at all. Seems to be a lot more b series tranny vs. H series out there

Comment

You might be looking in the wrong places. Also, you would probably end up spending more in getting the h2b plate and all else that's needed to properly fit the b series tranny in the cb chasis rather than just purchase one of the ones mentioned above and have it be practically a direct fit

Comment

I think b series transmissions have the shift rods instead of cables also.I dont know how you would go about installing the linkages since we have no hole for the shift like teggys and civics have.Too much work in my opinion

Comment

The later model b16 trans used hydraulics for the clutch and cables for the shifter. The thought behind using the b16 trans is the availability of mods for the trans, like different final drives, or off the shelf gear sets.

Comment

B series transmissions are reputed to be stronger than the H and F units (as per Bisimoto). However, as wildbill83 said, it would be a waste. Unless you have deep pockets and the ability to fabricate (or the willingness to pay someone to do so), you will not benefit at all from such a swap.
              Even if you were to use a cable shifted transmission (news to me, but I'm far from an expert on those things), you'd still need custom mounts and axles. Furthermore, I think the more direct-acting rod shifters are one of the strengths of the B/D series... the cable shifters can bind and flex.

Comment

I've heard of people saying that the gear ratio's in the b series such as, a gsr or b16 transmission, are shorter than that of an h transmission. I haven't looked much into it myself, but regardless it's a spendy procedure.

Comment

Shorter doesn't necessarily mean better. The best gearing is one that takes full advantage of an engine's powerband. If the gearing is too tall, you'll end up upshifting into the dead spot before the true powerband (a big issue with F22A transmissions on H22As). If the gearing is too short, you'll be upshifting into the middle of the powerband, limiting the time you can accelerate before you need to shift again.
                  Super short gearing is useful for tight, low-speed autocross courses, but not much else.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Shorter doesn't necessarily mean better. The best gearing is one that takes full advantage of an engine's powerband. Super short gearing is useful for tight, low-speed autocross courses, but not much else.
                    I would have to agree with that and when you're talking autocross car, you're talking $$$$

Comment

Not really. Autocross is the cheapest racing you can get into, besides drag racing. I mean, you CAN put a ton of money into autocross... but you can also autocross a bone-stock car with moderate success.
                      I'm so comfortable with my bone-stock 313,000 mile 09 Fit that I'm curious to see how I'd do at an autocross event. I know the dynamics of the car at least as good as the best racer in whatever class that car would put me in!

Comment

Working...
                      X