No announcement yet.

Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to ask about the capacitor kits, but now that you bring it up I'll email and ask.

5 or 6 spokes is right for our cars. I had some old Konig's that were 6 spoke I think, been awhile since I've looked at them. But I'm going to go up and grab one of them out of the other garage, as a full size spare tire for the trip this weekend. I can take a picture of it. They looked nice on the car though.

I haven't ever photoshopped wheels onto the car. Means I'd actually have to take the time to learn photoshop or Gimp. Ugh just more time that I don't have lol.

The web server and pictures will be a little for personal stuff, but mainly for this page. After photobucket ate my account and never cared to fix it, but instead just gave me free stuff.... Who give's a shit if the account is still broken anyway? Also dealing with uploading crap and linking it to flickr is also a pain. I'd rather just make a new folder in my current folder structure, run a script every day to sync the folder between the file server and the web server and link it off my own stuff. Seems a whole lot easier than wishing on hopeium that the photo hosting sites don't do more dumb shit. I'm running a Hyper-V host HP DL180 G6 with 12TB in RAID 10 across 12 enterprise HDD's. Also all the servers are VM's that are backed up nightly using Veeam. Also by doing it myself I can maintain better control of the pictures on the forums, and hopefully keep everything linked correctly.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Very cool. At home I run a Poweredge 2850 (dual 3Ghz, 6 SCSI drives / dual RAID), Poweredge 2950 (dual 3Ghz, 5 SAS drives dual RAID) in a 25U APC cabinet with APC2200 UPS and many other UPSs. Also a Netgear ReadNAS 4X2TB RAID. Just yesterday I was looking at the WD 10TB Gold Server edition drives.......... *droool. And always wanted to upgrade to a Lenovo NAS with 8 drives, but OMG... that would cost a lot! I also have a GL380 around which is the old server. Once photobucket died I transferred all my images to my server too. Just a matter of time before they all go under.

Comment

No doubt the storage is expensive as hell. I ended up buying all my HDD's well in advance of buying the server. As it took a good while to purchase all of them. I knew the server I was going to buy well in advance as well. We have about 10 of them in production here at work and they are rock solid. The other benefit they carry is they will accept 14 3.5" HDD's or something stupid like 28 2.5" HDD's if you picked the smaller form factor upon purchase. Kinda sucks that your storage is spread across so many devices though .

Comment

KStuned.com informed me late yesterday that they cannot find a P72 ECU to save their lives. I found a way to control the IAB's on a P28 ECU, but I can't find a solution for the knock sensor.

After a ton of reading it looks like I'm making a "det can" so I can monitor knock. Granted I won't be able to always monitor the knock with it but I can get a really good idea of how the engine is actually running.

Comment

A bit of an update but not a whole lot to report on. I "think" KStuned.com and myself, have finally worked out something for this damned ECU. I'm getting a P06 ECU with VTEC added, 4 wire 02 control, boost control. With the Hondata S300 V3 unit I can get the IAB's working with this board. They are also replacing the capacitor's that Hondata recommends, and any others that are possibly bad. The problem that I'm still having is no knock sensor. I've done a ton of reading in the mean time trying to figure this out.

In the short term, I'm going to make a mechanical "det can" just to determine if the initial tunes end up with any detonation. The longer term solution to this problem is absolutely awesome! Granted it's almost the same cost of the ECU itself. Let me present to you.....

J&S Electronics Safeguard

I don't really feel comfortable long term without the knock sensor. So I'm probably going to be buying this beast, sometime this winter. I'm actually pretty damn excited about this piece of hardware, as I'm sure I'm going to use it on a few different builds in the future.

On a somewhat related note, I finally received my Ortiz Custom instrument cluster bezel. While I can say that overall it's a nice piece, there are a few things I'm not particularly happy with. There is a crack in the paint and/or molding compound on the left gauge pod. I also requested that only the immediate areas around the work being done get painted. Well they decided to paint the whole thing regardless. Aesthetically it looks fine, function wise it's iffy. Why in the hell would you paint the vents?!? The rollers to close and opens the vents is only half painted as they didn't open/close them and paint the rest of it. Also the vents no longer have a smooth open/close function. You can't tell if the vent is open or closed due to painting over the original markings on the bezel.... I'm not really sure how I want to proceed with this yet.

I've been debating trying to wipe off the paint around the vents to see if I can get back to the original finish for the open/close markings. I'm most likely going to use it, but I shouldn't have to put more time/effort into something that I paid someone to custom make for me and then they don't listen to my requests.... It's still sitting in the box it arrived in, I'll get some pictures of it tonight.

Comment

I am very interested in seeing pictures. I plan to have three aftermarket gauges installed in the car, but the only thing I can bring myself to do so far is to leave them in the glove box. I don't want a painted finish on the plastic bezel, so I don't know how I would mask the work. Maybe hydro-dip? Then there's the issue of finding just a solid color instead of an offensive pattern. A girl that owns a wrap shop here in DFW has already looked at it and told me she thinks it would be too difficult to have vinyl wrapped.

As for the knock sensor, I think you would have been better served going with an AEM Series 2 as it has knock control integrated. Water under the bridge at this point, unless they haven't started yet. I know it's more expensive to start out, but what are you going to spend after you end up with that standalone knock controller plus the worked over S300? I spent $650 on my S300, but I was able to sell it for exactly what I paid for when I decided to go with the Infinity 6.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                I am very interested in seeing pictures. I plan to have three aftermarket gauges installed in the car, but the only thing I can bring myself to do so far is to leave them in the glove box. I don't want a painted finish on the plastic bezel, so I don't know how I would mask the work. Maybe hydro-dip? Then there's the issue of finding just a solid color instead of an offensive pattern. A girl that owns a wrap shop here in DFW has already looked at it and told me she thinks it would be too difficult to have vinyl wrapped.

As for the knock sensor, I think you would have been better served going with an AEM Series 2 as it has knock control integrated. Water under the bridge at this point, unless they haven't started yet. I know it's more expensive to start out, but what are you going to spend after you end up with that standalone knock controller plus the worked over S300? I spent $650 on my S300, but I was able to sell it for exactly what I paid for when I decided to go with the Infinity 6.
                Jarrett, honestly at this point I think I'd still rather have the Hondata. As I want to get the car tuned before winter shows up. I don't think I can swing another $500 + tuning right now. I think I could honestly sell the S300 V3 for about what I paid for it. Used unit's aren't really any cheaper than new units. I'm only in it $700 right now, so not really any more than you were. I honestly think a stand alone knock sensor ecu is the way to go for true knock detection. I'm not sure how a small circuit is going to do as good of a job as an entire ecu dedicated to the purpose. Eventually I'd love to step up to an AEM tuning solution. As then I can move platforms or swap engines and it won't matter, same with the knock unit. I'm liking the idea of a J35 or J36 in a CB7....

Ortiz Custom Instrument Cluster 1

Ortiz Custom Instrument Cluster 1

Ortiz Custom Instrument Cluster 3

Ortiz Custom Instrument Cluster 4

Ortiz Custom Instrument Cluster 5

I'm going to email them today and ask about this crack and what to do about it. I'm going to take Lola down to the exhaust shop and have the secondary O2 bung installed sometime this week.

Comment

How much was that?

I think you probably could've done a better job yourself
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Possibly. I don't know where I would come up with the time though. I have so much other stuff going on right now. I haven't driven the car in a week and a half, just haven't had the time. Let alone work on the car right now. Also I might try my hand at this during the winter but we'll see. I have a lot of other project's that are higher on the list for now.

Comment

I was at the hardware store, for a different project last night and picked up a few things to try the double lip. I screwed up one of the bolts, so I could only get one set made. Tonight I might get a chance to pickup some more hardware.

Hardware Assembled

OEM Double Lip 1

OEM Double Lip 2

OEM Double Lip 3

Once I get enough hardware made/assembled I'll get the lips bolted into place. Then I'm going to work on bonding them together. The next step is to fill the crease between the two lips with something (still unsure on what I'm going to use.)

KStuned.com Black ECU is finally in the mail as of yesterday. Hoping to receive it by Friday.

Comment

The carnage that is your front bumper! What happened to your license plate?

That hardware looks promising. Since the lip has no bottom it really is the only way. With some time, a bunch of zip ties, a soldering gun and a steady hand, you could probably join the lips with a plastic weld like Raf did on his CD5 side skirt. It'd probably make for the strongest joint and then you could finish with some filler or fiberglass to smooth it out.
                        1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                          The carnage that is your front bumper! What happened to your license plate?

That hardware looks promising. Since the lip has no bottom it really is the only way. With some time, a bunch of zip ties, a soldering gun and a steady hand, you could probably join the lips with a plastic weld like Raf did on his CD5 side skirt. It'd probably make for the strongest joint and then you could finish with some filler or fiberglass to smooth it out.
                          The carnage that is the front bumper is the result of an 800 mile round trip through Montana/Idaho. On 8/19/17 a buddy and myself took a drive from Missoula, MT to Craters of the Moon, ID. We took Highway 93 South to Salmon, ID, turned off on Highway 28 through the Lemhi Valley. Then it was onto Highway 22, Highway 33, and Highway 26 to reach Craters of the Moon. The return trip took Highway 26, Highway 33, onto I-15. After following I-15 to the north where it joins I-90, we took I-90 home. That is the story behind the carnage of the front bumper. Also we hit a bird at 110 MPH, he hit right below the 5 on my plate and left a large blood spot. I really just need to wash the nose of the car and it will look a lot better. The rest of the car is still clean, lol.

The plate was bent the day after I put it on the car. I dropped it off at Tire-Rama for an alignment. When I got it back the plate was bent, I just need to take it off and straighten it out.

After seeing Raf melt the side skirts together, I knew I was going to do that with the lips. I just need to get them fully bolted into place first then I can start the joining process. I think I'm going to try the fiberglass filler for the seam. I already have some, I just want to do a small test area first.

Comment

Alright, I picked up some more hardware last night and poked at Lola a bit more.

Hardware and Double OEM Lips Assembled (Put on the locking nuts this time around. Also swapped from standard washers to fender washers, turned out much better this time. The first round I used standard nuts to test fit everything. Locking nuts are there so nothing eventually loosens up.)

KStuned.com Black ECU

Hondata Accessories

Maybe by the end of the week I'll have the ECU inside the car and running.

Comment

Nice man !

Comment

Your making a lot of great progress Will! I am planning on getting the black Ecu as well.
                                ~Nick~
                                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                                X