Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: universal trunk (fits 90-91 AND 92-93 tail lights)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Job
    2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
    2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
    CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
    GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
      Sweet write up! That is a VERY good and useful DIY.

I had no idea this could be done. You would have saved me about $100 buying 2 trunk lids doing 2 trunk swaps on my old car had I known about this.
      true, it would save money.
      My MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
        I always thought it could be done. Except I thought you might be able to just bolt it in no problem.

My only recommendation is if you do this, figure out a way to relocate the keyhole.

Now, I'm more curious on if this method would work on wagon tail ights. Since I don't believe they make red/clears for the wagons, someone could perhaps do something like this and drop in the 92-93 sedan red/clears.
        well seeing how the wagon tails are slanted u still cant use the sedan red clears

^ slanted where the hatch closes
        Click Here To Check Out My Ride
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137030

Comment

Originally posted by #1_M.I._CARLOS View Post
          true, it would save money.
          I have a 90 coupe, but I'm putting a 93 SE coupe trunk on it. The 90 trunk is rusted and all shitty, and the 93 is mint. Just needs paint.

I'd do the DIY mod if the 90 trunk wasnt all fubared.

Comment

I for one think this is a great DIY, especially if people want or cant seen to find the same trunk color. Like me, I want a 92-93 COUPE trunk, but can never find them in the jy! I would do this DIY, but the trunk key hole would have to be functional. Fix that problem and this is a perfect DIY!! On the other hand, not having a trunk key hole might make a thief skip your car if they wanted to get in there.

Some people are not gonna love this, but some will. Just remember you cant please everyone.
            Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
            CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
            Coupe MRT

Comment

I like it... might try it this summer. I always thought of using the center panel to convert to the 92-93 trunk but never did.

Easy trunk swap without getting a whole new trunk!!
              Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Originally posted by lilb_1979 View Post
                I for one think this is a great DIY, especially if people want or cant seen to find the same trunk color. Like me, I want a 92-93 COUPE trunk, but can never find them in the jy! I would do this DIY, but the trunk key hole would have to be functional. Fix that problem and this is a perfect DIY!! On the other hand, not having a trunk key hole might make a thief skip your car if they wanted to get in there.

Some people are not gonna love this, but some will. Just remember you cant please everyone.
                all you gotta do is move the trunk key, is not that hard to do, the reason i didn't do it is cause it didn't bother me, i actually wanted to remove the trunk key all together
                My MRT

Comment

Originally posted by phantomcb7 View Post
                  well seeing how the wagon tails are slanted u still cant use the sedan red clears

^ slanted where the hatch closes
                  NOT SO FAST BRO
                  92 Coupe Taillights on a wagon

accord driver

accord driver

accord driver

accord driver
                  [/QUOTE]
                  accord driver
                  you can do anything if you really want to.
                  My MRT

Comment

does look good but the space between the plate and lights are bigger, not sure he can do costum work by himself

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
                    1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

Very creative indeed. Thumbs up for that. I didn't think it would be remotely possible.

I think the "flaws" the others talk about is the keyhole. You kind of got away with it on yours by covering and painting it on your tails but it's still totally visible. What do you suggest others do on their stock or red/clear tails?

If someone can relocate the key cylinder to make it look stock, it would be a great mod. Maybe grabbing the slightly longer 92/93 rod and drilling a new hole can do that........not sure how you'd cover the old hole though.

Comment

That looks soooooo right on the wagon. Mmmmm *drools a little*

Comment

^^^ drooled too

anyways, i still cant get ove the fact that you had a flushie and did this mod
                          the real way could have cost you $70
                          your way saved you $50 but...............
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

This looks nice, but this wasn't a simple taillights swap, I can tell that a lot work was involved on the hatch and the bumper, look at the pictures closely and compare the bottom of the hatch the plate recess is from the coupe along with the tail lights. the mouldings on the bumper were also shaved

Mad props to whoever did that, but yeah this shows that anything is possible.

JDM Parts for sale

Comment

If you look at it long enough, it looks like an Odyssey with a chop top lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyd View Post

tennis ball tow hitch lol

Comment

Working...
                                X