Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

boosted bisimoto bottom end build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ON_N20 View Post
    The engine build looks great! I have the same pistons in my build and ran them for about a year - I bout mine straigt through Arias but they are basically the same, same CR too. I will caution you though, the first time my engine ran with these pistons I ended up cracking a sleeve straight down the middle. I'll go take a pic in a few mins and post it up to show. The pistons are 86mm, which takes quite a bit off the cylinder wall of the stock block, it takes alot of the ductile iron away which is where the rigidity is at. You'll have to take it easy with what you have, you have essentially a bullet-proof rotating assembly, but your engine block is weaker than stock - exactly what I did when I built mine originally unfortunatly. It kind of defeats the purpose of the better internals.

Also as far as the turbo goes, it looks to be in good shape, but yes everyone is right it is a bit small. You can run it however, but it will run out of airflow well before 5,000 RPM. This is where datalogging and full tuning capabilities would help alot, because if you could moniter your A/F ratio's and intake air temps at the intake, that would help alot to make your build last with that turbo. I personally ran my DSM setup for about a year, I used the first gen eclipse manifold, and 14b turbo. Boost would start easily at around 2k RPM's and it would run out of breath by around 5k RPM's. It was perfect for a daily driver though, since the lag was almost non-existent, and I was able to produce quite a bit of power. But I had excellent home tuning capabilites, and I was always closely monitering my A/F ratios and intake temps especially.

Definatly look into ECU tuning, it will take you alot further, while playing it alot safer, and allowing your build to last. I think I ended up spending about $900 on moates.com on a single order, but I bought injectors, a real time emulator (in place of tuning a chip everytime - belive me the emulater is a god-send, instant tuning in your hands), datalogging cable, and a nice Wideband A/F gauge with A/F datalogging. I basically taught myself how to tune, and was able to make myself a very stable tune that I use now. I should add that I also later bought Crome Pro- which just expands on the free edition, and allowed me to use my datalogging cable - that helped a ton!

Anyway enough rambling on , your build is looking great just take the advice for what it is, your build resembles mine alot, and now im in the process of rebuilding my engine due to a cracked sleeve. Non-the-less I'm glad to see you choose a good rotating assembly, as well as the headwork. Looking good .
    finally someone who did the 86 mm pistons and posted results. sorry to hear it didnt go well though ! i expected this would happen... and for this reason i elected to have wiseco build me a set of 85mm 9:1's well about 85.. and im just gonna drop em in my stock sleeves because after measuring mine i thought it might be cutting it to close for comfort.yes yes the drawbacks..." are the cylinders good and round?" if not worry about blowby which can hurt me as well... to answer that question YES the cylinders are fine from top to bottom with very little variance.ill be starting my build thread in the near future as well folks and pics to come

Comment

Originally posted by ivarcj View Post
      finally someone who did the 86 mm pistons and posted results. sorry to hear it didnt go well though ! i expected this would happen... and for this reason i elected to have wiseco build me a set of 85mm 9:1's well about 85.. and im just gonna drop em in my stock sleeves because after measuring mine i thought it might be cutting it to close for comfort.yes yes the drawbacks..." are the cylinders good and round?" if not worry about blowby which can hurt me as well... to answer that question YES the cylinders are fine from top to bottom with very little variance.ill be starting my build thread in the near future as well folks and pics to come
      I dont understand why you wouldnt just go with the 86mm piston when you are still going to have to take the block to the machine shop to get honed anyways. You have to create a surface that will break in the new rings.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Naw...i'm doing the honing myself...i'm doing almost the whole build except what I can't machine.

Comment

soo found out friday the new owner of our shop doesnt have enough money to pay all of his employee's build will be put on hold until further notice... thanks for all the support and as soon as there's an update i will post and update everyone. thanks...please stay tuned.
          Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

Comment

Here we go!

Assembly starts tomorrow, the build is back on. Pictures will be posted most likely Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

ok crank is in, bearing clearance was perfect on every journal. piston's would have been installed but one of the sets of oil rails was completely different and overlapped on the end gap when i placed them in the cylinder to check clearance. will have to call either arias or bisimoto tomorrow to get the right set on the way. i would have taken pictures but i left the camera at home.

Comment

the first set of oil rings i measured. both sets came in separate bags with the same part number.

second set of oil rings i measured.

Difference in the width of both sets. the one on the bottom is the first set i measured.

Comment

after talking to julio from bisimoto several times, he gave me the number to arias and i explained to one of there techs the issue and the pistons are quite old (2009) but he was very understanding new exactly what i was talking about and said no worries he is going to look in the warehouse and most likely they will be shipped out tomorrow. free of charge there not worried about 6 dollars. will update with more pics as soon as the rings arrive. thanks stay tuned.

Comment

Sweeeet!!!! the correct oil rings are here. build is back on for this sunday, I will have new pics up on monday or tuesday. Stay tuned.

Comment

update

Ordered a balance shaft eliminator kit from kaizen speed (ks tuned), awesome customer service over there btw. So the pistons aren't going in until this is installed. Will post picks for those who are still interested in the build as soon as the parts arrive and i get them installed. thanks and stay tuned.

Comment

Sticking around for this.. F22 love!

Comment

Boosted bottom end build with no sleeves, a FMU *shakes head
                          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Watching this build too!! How much HP you think you will make! Sick build! Keep up the good work bro!

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7 View Post
                              Boosted bottom end build with no sleeves, a FMU *shakes head
                              yea seriously, it's only a 1000 bucks more
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                                yea seriously, it's only a 1000 bucks more
                                This made me lawl. Back on topic. Watching the build good luck
                                ~Nick~
                                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                                X