Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

boosted bisimoto bottom end build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that turbo is a little small,and your log mani. isnt going to flow that well but when your done with this set up you will throw more money at it. you might get it right the 2nd time but more then likely you will have to wait untill your 3rd build then you will be on par....your 1st build is always good experience

Comment

I know youve already bought parts, so this advice is a little late, but you would be better off just putting that turbo on a stock motor and using the $$ to set up your engine management properly.
      spin city

Comment

With that t25, the powerband is gonna be like 2000-5000rpm... and in the summer, the intake air temperature is going to be insane... especially at such high psi.. it is scary to even think about how hot that air is gonna get.. it will have no throttle response

Comment

new crank

gear from bisimoto

Pistons will be ordered within the month hopefully, more pics to come stay tuned if interested. thanks for all the advice.
          Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

Comment

congrats on your rods and what not. I got my stuff in today as well. There's nothing quite like opening a bisimoto package. It's got that nice white tape with their logo all over it, and it's like Christmas! lol
            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
              congrats on your rods and what not. I got my stuff in today as well. There's nothing quite like opening a bisimoto package. It's got that nice white tape with their logo all over it, and it's like Christmas! lol
              your words are so true my friend, as soon as the ups guy showed up all i could see was the white bisimoto tape, i felt like a little school girl. thanks man

Comment

new pics still under construction.

bisimoto cam gear

bisimoto 1.2 turbo cam with pro spirngs and titanium retainers

bisimoto forged rods with Arias 8.2:1 forged pistons with bisimoto light duty wrist pins.

f22a6 bored .40 over for over sized pistons, also decked and honed.

Last edited by 92Inspire; 08-31-2011, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Dont run the FMU, it is outdated technology that can result in very unsafe fuel pressures (as much as 200psi).

Seems like you are going balls out on your build but why such a mini turbo for a quite decent block/head setup.

Id at a minimum look into a t3/t4 with this setup if you ever want to make anything over 300hp. That little t25 is going to choke you out around 240. which is a fun HP number but for the amount of time and money you have in this block allready why not shell out some dough for a nice turbo that is actually matched to your setup!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                  member ride thread
                  11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                  DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                  People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                  I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                  John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

glad to see your back at it...keep us posted...

Ride List
                    1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                    2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                    newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

New parts look great! I do advise to step away from the FMU and go with a proper engine management along with proper sized injectors for your setup. With the FMU it will result in horrible air/fuel ratios that can lead to damaging the expensive Bisimoto parts you invested in.

You will see much greater drivability, reliability and power out of your setup if you do tune properly. If you need help with recommendations for engine management and injectors shoot me a pm

Also would be best if budget allows to step up to a larger turbo to really make use of your build motor.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                        Dont run the FMU, it is outdated technology that can result in very unsafe fuel pressures (as much as 200psi).

Seems like you are going balls out on your build but why such a mini turbo for a quite decent block/head setup.

Id at a minimum look into a t3/t4 with this setup if you ever want to make anything over 300hp. That little t25 is going to choke you out around 240. which is a fun HP number but for the amount of time and money you have in this block allready why not shell out some dough for a nice turbo that is actually matched to your setup!
                        I am one to three steps ahead of you there sir. lol. I am junking the fmu and the t25. most likely i will go with a t3 to t4. Your input is much appreciated, im glad theres still some people following up and checking out the posts.

Originally posted by blazenem View Post
                        glad to see your back at it...keep us posted...
                        thank you very much. its a work in progress. Ive got a lot of dough in this thing so far and im just ready to get it put together. trying to be patient when i stare at it every day is hard but im trying to do it right and not rush. again thanks for the support, and i will keep u guys informed as i get more parts and as the build goes.

Originally posted by Julio@Bisimoto View Post
                        New parts look great! I do advise to step away from the FMU and go with a proper engine management along with proper sized injectors for your setup. With the FMU it will result in horrible air/fuel ratios that can lead to damaging the expensive Bisimoto parts you invested in.

You will see much greater drivability, reliability and power out of your setup if you do tune properly. If you need help with recommendations for engine management and injectors shoot me a pm

Also would be best if budget allows to step up to a larger turbo to really make use of your build motor.
                        I was planning on running dsm 450s that i got from someone on here there in great condition and ive used them to be sure they all pulse correctly and they do. there black tops if anyone wants to know. like i said before to turboaccord i am junking the fmu it was a budget thing when i first started and just wanted to build a turbo setup and slap it on. ive learned alot about turbo systems and things of that nature in the past year or so. i dont know what kind of ecu to run right now looking into the aem one you guys sell the black and yellow. the black and white or silver is like 1200 for my car and thats just not in the budget. i have a xenocron chipped p28 but theres no one in town who can tune e prom ecus. id have to drive 3 to 4 hours to get to the shop that does. there is a lot more to come with this project, it will take some time because almost every component will be touched. again thank you everyone for your support and please stay tuned. this website has been a great help in my build and im sure it will be in the future. any input is greatly appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
                        Last edited by Jarrett; 08-18-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Check out http://www.phearable.net/

Get a chipped p28 hondata s300. At least in my area, thats sort of the "gold standard," that everyone is comfortable working with.
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Installing a turbo and planning to tune later is kinda like having sex and planning to put the condom on afterward.

Comment

Hey i didnt get a license plate thingy when k got my rods from bisi. What gives?!lol. JULIO!
                            Anyway. Looks like we both doing the same thing man. You just ahead of me right nw. Keep at it!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGsnorlax View Post
                              Check out http://www.phearable.net/

Get a chipped p28 hondata s300. At least in my area, thats sort of the "gold standard," that everyone is comfortable working with.
                              yeah its pretty much the same here but the AEM ems is around the same price but it comes with a built in 3 to 4 bar map which is nice and its very user friendly u can tune it with almost anything as well. i have never come accros a s300 cheaper than 450. i havent looked at the link you left yet but this is what im leaning towards. Thanks for the input i will check out the link.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine...oller-f-ic-13/

Originally posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
                              Hey i didnt get a license plate thingy when k got my rods from bisi. What gives?!lol. JULIO!
                              Anyway. Looks like we both doing the same thing man. You just ahead of me right nw. Keep at it!
                              thanks guy. i got two license plate frames one with the first $800 dollar order and one with the $1100 dollar order. the other couple hundred dollar orders i didnt. its been a while since ive done anything because of my budget and no job right now. but like i said there will be more to come this thing isnt over and i am not giving up. if anyone in my area knows where i can get a decent job holler at me lol. thanks again everyone for your support and input. keep it coming and stay tuned.
                              Last edited by Jarrett; 08-18-2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

sweet machine work!

woohooooo 4,600 posts for me
                                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                                X