Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

kill switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ thatd be pretty obvious...
    COUPE K24

Comment

What's supposed to go there?
      The other place I'm thinking of is under the steering wheel, but I've seen that done waaay to often.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

maybee inside the ashtray in the back seat... just a thought

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
        What's supposed to go there?
        The other place I'm thinking of is under the steering wheel, but I've seen that done waaay to often.
        MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I have absolutely no idea. It's something I haven't thought about for 5 or 6 years. Look back at old threads created by me or cpmike from 03-04 and you'll find it. I'm pretty sure we put it in the DIY section... not positive though.

it's in the DIY.. thanks

Comment

Forgot to mention. A couple years back my friend had a stock cb7 automatic and it wouldnt start unless you put the key in the acc position, step on the breaks and put the left blinker on. dunno if that was a factory alarm setup or not but he bought it like that...kinda like the Neptune system (which sounds pretty cool btw) but not as sophisticated.

Comment

A kill switch is GREAT when done right.There are MANY places to hide it where nobody would even look, you just have to get creative.
              For example, in my EJ Civic, this is where I put my fuel kill - when you open the passengers side door, there is a plastic cover on the side of the dash that pops out(it is just covering a bolt that holds the dash in place) - that is where my kill switch was. You had to open the passengers door, pop off that plastic cover with a little screwdriver, and then you had access to the switch. After some practice, I was able to get to the switch right from my drivers seat - had to reach over and open the passengers door and pop off the plastic cover with a key. Took some practice but I usually did all of that in 5sec. The switch was wired to the ECU harness that was basically right there. In order to find my wiring, you had to remove the glove box, and really look up there.

Even with that kill switch, I still had other "layers" of security on my Civic.

The only problem with kill switches is that with enough time, they can find your wiring. They don't even have to find the switch itself, they can just rip your interior apart and follow the fuel pump wiring - they will probably find your extra wire.
              Also, when they hear that the car isn't getting fuel, they can just run a wire from the fuel pump straight to a power source and BAM they got fuel. With practice, I bet one could do that in a few minutes. So say at 3AM, that will be very easy to do.

Another problem with kill switches is that they can bring a tow truck. And if your car has a shitload of rare aftermarket parts, it could happen.

And the problem with the Neptune ECU security features and/or removing your ECU, is that a thief can swap your ECU in under a minute.

Moral of all this - you need more than one layer of security. Starting with choosing carefully where you leave your car.

Comment

Rear ashtray sounds like a really good spot. now that you mention it does anyone know where i can get a replacement rear ashtray tas dosn't have it

Comment

after i posted that, im even thinking about doing this lol

Originally posted by stock1990ex View Post
                  Rear ashtray sounds like a really good spot. now that you mention it does anyone know where i can get a replacement rear ashtray tas dosn't have it
                  MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

You could always do what a friend of mine did to his EJ1, 6 switches in a row in the glove box, each had a small led above. To allow the car to start three had to be flipped up, two were dummy switches that only went to the leds and one had to be flipped down(installed upside down on purpose). One went to fuel pump, one went to starter, one went to ecu power, and one went to his MSD coil. He always drove with the dummys and upside down switch down and others up. He was always removing them and switching them around so even if people knew that was how to start the car they wouldn't know the combination.
                    Call me Travis.
                    2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
                    1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
                    1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                    1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

Working...
                    X