New suspension quickie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New suspension quickie!

Thinking about getting some koni yellows.. with eibach pro springs for the 1.2'' drop they claim. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this setup?
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Installing a turbo and planning to tune later is kinda like having sex and planning to put the condom on afterward.

Originally posted by BIGsnorlax View Post
    Thinking about getting some koni yellows.. with eibach pro springs for the 1.2'' drop they claim. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this setup?
    It'll be great but with the relatively soft rate of the eibachs I assume you'll be mostly spirited street driving....in which case the Koni str.t shocks will do you just fine, they are the same as the yellows on full soft at about half the price.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
      It'll be great but with the relatively soft rate of the eibachs I assume you'll be mostly spirited street driving....in which case the Koni str.t shocks will do you just fine, they are the same as the yellows on full soft at about half the price.
      this.

if you are going to spend the money and want something that rides smooth but will keep your cornering a little tighter look into the neuspeed super cup kit with sport springs instead of the race springs.

My Members Ride Thread
      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

the eibach's have higher spring rates than either the neuspeed sports or races..... therefore the eibach's are stiffer
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Well who's right here? ha. I like a good ride, but ill mostly have the yellows dialed in to be fairly stiff so ride comfort isnt a BIG deal. Its my weekend car anyways. So are the eibachs trashy? or what...
          Installing a turbo and planning to tune later is kinda like having sex and planning to put the condom on afterward.

Comment

i got my information here:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

i'm thinking of doing koni str.t (like the yellow's on full soft) with an eibach pro-kit for my wagon.
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
              i got my information here:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

i'm thinking of doing koni str.t (like the yellow's on full soft) with an eibach pro-kit for my wagon.
              You didn't read very well. The Eibach's are stiffer than the Neuspeed Sport, but not the Neuspeed race.

Neuspeed Sport: 260F, 165R (1.75"F, 1.5"R)
              Neuspeed Race: 485F, 300R (2.2"F, 2.0"R) <<<<Stiffest of these

Eibach Pro Kit: 331F, 228R(progressive rear only) (1.2"F, 1.2"R)
              Eibach Sportline: 331F, 228R(progressive rear only) (1.8"F, 1.7"R)

If I were wanting a mild suspension and it were a DD, I would do Koni yellows with Eibach sportline springs. I have experience with the sportlines on several other cars, and the rates are just great. They are soft compared to a full coilover of course, but they increase your spring rate to that of an OEM sports car feel.
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

my mistake. i was writing from my memory which was incorrect.

thank you for the correction

Comment

thanks guys! very helpful! I'm just a tad hesitant to drop as much as the sportlines or neuspeeds. Iv seen sooo many ugly hondas in my area that have a horrible drop. Ill check out my car tomorrow and i guess measure just to see where 1.2'' or 1.7'' would put me. Thanks again!

Comment

My bad, I thought the Eibachs were softer than that. Yeah, they are probably too stiff for the STR.T, you'll want the yellows turned half-way for a comfortable, safe ride.

The Neuspeed sports will give you a 2-2.5 finger gap all around. The Eibachs will give you about the same in the back as the Sports but with more gap in the front than in the rear which looks bad IMO. FYI, you need to drop the front ~0.4" more than the rear to even out the tire gap if that is a concern to you.
                    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

PERSONAL SETUP: Eibach pro-kit+ KYB AGX's= the feel of an air ride in a cadillac. sorry, i guess i just love the feel of coilovers.(f&f, Tein)

Comment

Working...
                      X