Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

kill switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kill switch

just wondering is there a way where i can put a kill switch on my car so no one could really steal my car just a quick ques?!?!?!

I think I had a writeup about this awhile ago you just connect a wire to the fuelpump that's all.

Comment

Your car needs fuel, air, and spark... plus the signal from the ignition switch, battery, and ECU... to run.

Intercept one of those, and the car will not start. Get creative, and don't share it with anyone. Posting on a public forum that you're rigging a killswitch, and asking how it's done... that's only inviting a thief to come take your car.

Comment

thats true deev im now thinking of a project like that one of my buddies wired up a push start in his civic
        Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
        Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

Comment

cp[mike] and I were discussing a hidden magnetic switch located under the dash, and activated with a magnetic key. A thief would need a proper magnet AND the location of the switch to start the car. I forget which one of us posted the thread. It was MANY years ago... 2003 or 2004. Neither of us followed through (though I know he has the knowhow to do it... I really don't!)

Comment

what's the specific name for that magnetic switch? where can i get one?

Comment

I ran two switches from the ecu and linked them together so thievs would have to hunt for both switches to complete the cycle. A word of advice, dont place the switches somewhere common such as under the seat or the ash tray and hide and wrap all wires into the harness as much as possible. stray wires are a dead give away to where your switch is at.

Comment

Originally posted by casterX View Post
                what's the specific name for that magnetic switch? where can i get one?
                I have absolutely no idea. It's something I haven't thought about for 5 or 6 years. Look back at old threads created by me or cpmike from 03-04 and you'll find it. I'm pretty sure we put it in the DIY section... not positive though.

Comment

A switch to the fuel pump is what i went with. Its also confusing for a thief because the car will still crank but never start. The most important thing is locatiion of the switch. Do not put it somewhere obvious or where it can be easily found. Sometimes a second switch, even if its a dummy switch isnt a bad idea. But Dont hesitate to do it either way. Had a friend lose an integra with a 1700 dollar motor in it because he was to careless and procrastinated doing a kill switch. Its the next best thing if you cant afford an alarm. The way i see it: if they break into your car its much easier to replace glass, audio equipment, or personal belongings than it is to replace a whole car... IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by protunef22 View Post
                    A switch to the fuel pump is what i went with. Its also confusing for a thief because the car will still crank but never start. The most important thing is locatiion of the switch. Do not put it somewhere obvious or where it can be easily found. Sometimes a second switch, even if its a dummy switch isnt a bad idea. But Dont hesitate to do it either way. Had a friend lose an integra with a 1700 dollar motor in it because he was to careless and procrastinated doing a kill switch. Its the next best thing if you cant afford an alarm. The way i see it: if they break into your car its much easier to replace glass, audio equipment, or personal belongings than it is to replace a whole car... IMO.
                    i dont know about that lol I paid 500 for my accord and got about a $600 system in it lol

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

Originally posted by markrutherford View Post
                      i dont know about that lol I paid 500 for my accord and got about a $600 system in it lol

the whole car then would be 1100$.....
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Neptune

Neptune software has auto immobilization built in that takes an external input (switch, which is nice for racing and track applications), and also a user defined throttle and break switch combination.

E.G. to turn on your car you could program it to need two presses on the break and one on the gas before the car will turn on. I haven't looked to see the limitations on combinations, but it is enough that a thief would not be able to guess it.

Good software and a nice feature

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

The Neptune feature is nice. BUT if they are after a modded Honda, they are probably going to have an ECU with them. With practice, Im sure they could swap an ECU in under 60sec

Comment

you can get a push start button from an s2000 i got one in my m3 its preety cool because you got to turn on the ignition then after open the cigarete lighter and push the button... ive seen some where you need a code

Originally posted by pedalpusher90 View Post
                            thats true deev im now thinking of a project like that one of my buddies wired up a push start in his civic
                            MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

Wow, it's amazing what this forum can do.
                              Been here a few weeks and now I want a manual, fogs, and a kill switch!
                              I like the fuel pump idea. What's supposed to go in the cutout on the very end of the headlight stick? I think it'd be neat to put one there.
                              MRT
                              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                              Originally posted by Tippey764
                              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                              X