people asking for money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people asking for money

What is your take on the people that give you the sob story and ask you for gas money, rides, etc?

I personally don't give people shit. The last time gave a stranded lady a ride to the gas station she wanted to give me a bj and wanted me to run to the liquer store. ever since then i dont do anything for nobody. Your "misfortune" is not my problem. Sorry its the world we live in.
    visit vgruk

I've given some gas i had in an emergency gas can in the bed of my truck to a woman who looked completely distraught, and i've given a gatorade and an orange to a dude asking for food after i got done shopping at walmart. I never give money, especially if they ask for it.

there are always dudes that stand on the offramps of the highway I take every day. i've been wanting to keep a stack of business cards for an employment agency in my truck to give them, but never done it. if they have time to stand on the side of the road for hours on end, taking breaks to text their other vagrant friends, they have time to work.

one time I saw a REALLY hot chick wearing clothes nicer than mine, park a car nicer than mine in a waffle house parking lot, take out her iphone, plug in headphones, then go stand on the median asking for money.
    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 01-23-2013, 12:08 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I've given rides. But they get patted down, and searched. If they want a ride bad enough they wont mind it. And i don't give out cash. I'll buy them the food or drink. But i'm the kind of guy who will help someone before they ask for it.

A bj huh... Lucky!
      Last edited by drew12000; 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM.
      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Generally I won't give them shit

A few months ago a guy came up to me asking for money. I had just bought my legend and it was full of pennies in every door pocket and center console. I just said, here take all these pennies it's all I have. Got rid of the pennies and him lol

Comment

I don't give people shit. PERIOD.

I would rather give my money, time, gas, etc. to friends or neighbors that I KNOW need the help than some random-ass stranger that I know nothing about. Far too many people begging or asking for stuff these days and you just don't know if they are lying and trying to make a quick buck.

Even if I do offer to help, most people decline my offer because the way I look (large bearded man)... so whatever.
          Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

I've only given away money twice. Ever.
            The first time was at a gas station, to a motorcyclist asking for gas. I gave the attendant $2 and had him put it on the pump the guy was at.
            The next time I was on a date with my current GF (She wasn't at that time).
            A guy pulled up to the ice cream shop asking for money for gas.
            I asked where he wanted to go.
            He told me a town about 10 miles away. I looked over at the gas station, saw his car (Cobalt) would get at least 20 mpg. I gave him $2 for gas, to get him the 10 miles he needed to get. (~$4 per gallon at the time)
            He was unsatisfied when I pulled the $2 out of a wad of cash and started asking for more.
            I told him no, and when he started getting rowdy I backed towards my trunk.
            He got the hint and left.
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            Originally posted by deevergote
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Fuck those people.

I'll do nice things for people, sure. When I do it is because I was inspired to do something nice, not because some POS provoked me to do something nice.

Anytime someone is holding a sign like"Out of work, need money" I make sure to buy an extra burger at the drive through-FOR MY DOG!!!

Fuck those people. They would all just die and go away if people would just stop treating them nicely.

I earned my money, go earn yours-fuck!!

I don't care how broken or fucked up you are. If you are/were able to limp your punk ass down to the off ramp to beg for money, you could've just as easily taken your ass to the plasma center and sold some blood with little to no effort.

If you cannot sit your stupid, drunk ass in front of a CPU and answer phones at a call center, or donate blood, or work any other job for that matter, GO FUCKING DIE ALREADY.

Seriously, if our gimme gimme gimme, free hand out galore government cannot find a reason to give you money, I will not either.

Bitches.
              Originally posted by wed3k
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I pick up people all the time most of them women I see next to a broke down car or walking in the rain. Il give them a ride where they need to go or help them if i can, but as for giving people money its very rare that I do that, but I have bought someone groceries before because they said they needed food.
                -Will

Comment

Comment

It depends on on who it is. Every time it seems iffy with those sort of people with me. I guess for me it's a karma thing. If some just look like they really need the help then I help them. But even then I am kinda like "get off your ass and do something" you know? I have a uselss cousin that is that way and I have since stopped helping him out, I got tired of him benefiting from my hard work.
                    The CB7 Collector.
                    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                    92 LX Coupe F22A1
                    2013 Toyota Corolla S
                    92 EX Sedan F22A1
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

To the pan handlers and money begging, Its hard to say no because they are so good at dishing out their sob story.
                      I just shake my head "no" and walk away, I don`t say anything, barely making eye contact. As for rides and hitchhikers, to bad for you, get a taxi.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                        What is your take on the people that give you the sob story and ask you for gas money, rides, etc?

I personally don't give people shit. The last time gave a stranded lady a ride to the gas station she wanted to give me a bj and wanted me to run to the liquer store. ever since then i dont do anything for nobody. Your "misfortune" is not my problem. Sorry its the world we live in.

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo...............................Did you let her?

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                          sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo...............................Did you let her?
                          lol no. i looked her in the eye and said "piss off" in my best british accent. i was bored in the drive thru

im with toy car on this all. fuck you and you problems. go get a job or much off the government. stop asking for my money which i earned and worked my ass for.
                          visit vgruk

Comment

If somone is in genuine distress I'll help them out.

If they are just asking for money, I ask if they take eftpos and wait for the reaction

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I don't help anyone, and I probably should because I have some communist ideals :P

I donate a good chunk of money to charities I believe in. My tax dollars are spent on homeless shelters, food banks, and other local initiatives to get people off the streets. I feel that a large majority of those begging for money are doing so to support a drug or alcohol addiction, which is the cause for them being on the street.

My GF is too naive and often tries to give people money to help them out. She did it last week in a strange city alone, and could have gotten hurt by this person. I try to tell her to avoid people who approach her when she's alone.

Anyway fuck em.

Comment

Working...
                              X