Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wanna move next door to me? My neighbor's house is for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone wanna move next door to me? My neighbor's house is for sale!

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/45...38827995_zpid/

Listed at $144,900. I expect it'll end up selling for $135,000, which is a very good price for what it is. The owners recently passed away (he had cancer and passed a couple months ago, she died suddenly while out of town early this year. No, nobody died in the house!)
    It's been very well maintained. The old folks that lived there were always working on the yard, they had the front porch redone a few years ago... they were the ones that always kept me in line when it came to maintaining my yard!

1,250 square feet of house on 8,300 square feet of yard (50x165 lot size, I believe... like mine.)
    3 bedrooms
    2 bathrooms
    1 car detached garage (that can probably be converted to a 2 car... it has the width, but it's built so the one side is just a covered patio type thing.)
    Concrete driveway that can fit 2 cars, along with enough street parking for another 2 cars.
    Nice front porch
    Nice back deck
    Above-ground pool
    Me as a neighbor (with uslspct a few houses away... it'll be like a CB7tuner meet every day!)

If anyone in the South Jersey / Northern Delaware / Philadelphia area is looking to buy a house (or anyone not from those areas that is interested in moving here)... this is a very good price on a very nice house. EASY commute to Philadelphia, without paying near-Philly housing prices. The city is 15 minutes away without traffic. 30 minutes with traffic (and train access is easy as well.)

youd hate me as a neighbor. or probably already do. lolol
    COUPE K24

Comment

Peeshaw! Where's the seven car garage?

Comment

On here I hold back my opinions on aspects of this site I disagree with. In real life, you'd ban me from the neighborhood fairly quickly.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Holy shart balls Batman! I always forget that for the cost of one house here in LA I could buy 3 in many other parts of the country. Mind blown Hope you end up with a decent neighbor.
          Last edited by Tishock; 10-09-2016, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Watch it be the guy that kart wheeled his car through the neighborhood.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
              Holy shart balls Batman! I always forget that for the cost of one house here in LA I could buy 3 in many other parts of the country. Mind blown Hope you end up with a decent neighbor.
              I honestly don't really know why anyone that isn't constrained by their chosen career stays in LA. Land is so cheap nearly everywhere else in comparison and jobs don't really pay that much more out there. it's also a freaking desert!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Just looked at minimum wages...

Colorado: 8.31
                New Jersey: 8.38 (thought so; that house has a similar price to my area for what it is)
                California: 10.50, with work in place to get it up to 15.00.

I do wonder to what extent cost-of-living compensations make areas like LA more possible for people in their 20s, for example, without a career.
                Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-09-2016, 05:19 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Most places have increased earning potential to offset a higher cost of living. I've known people to live down where I am and work 1.5 hours away in NYC because the money is much better. Living anywhere NYC costs way more. In northeastern nj, this house would be $320,000 easy.
                  In areas with high living costs, you'll often find some of the worst slums. People with little education, little experience, maybe even a criminal record... their employment options are often limited, and their income potential is severely capped.
                  Still, when I was doing foreclosure work in some of the run-down areas of northeastern NJ, there were quite a few "ghetto" properties that were still very expensive! Granted, many of those properties were owned by landlords (slumlords?) and the occupants rented only a portion of the building. You can live on $20,000/yr in areas like NYC, LA, etc... you just have to live in a 400 square foot "apartment" that is a subdivision of a poorly maintained $400,000 house.

CyborgGT, if you have any complaints or issues, please pm me. I don't mind questions, suggestions, or respectful criticism. I don't ban anyone for disagreeing or questioning me. Just so long as it's not done as a public call-out. In that case, I'm left with few options. Otherwise, I welcome differing points of view.

Comment

Damn I just brought one. I wish it did have it like that to sell this one and get that spot. No garage though that's nothing I would have built that open canopy.

Comment

You wouldn't want the garage? I'm dying to have an enclosed space where I can leave a project unfinished at the end of the day! This one is cool because it's a garage on one side and a canopy on the other.

I'd probably tear down the pool though. Too much upkeep for me!

Comment

Too bad I recently moved into an apartment until July of 2017. Doubt it will be for sale that long. My girlfriend and I want to move into a house next year. That garage would be perfect for my CB
                        The price is within our range too. Sometimes it is not meant to be.

Comment

A house that size, with that size lot, and siding would probably go for around 115k around where I live.... All I can say is the city life is not for me I guess! I've only got 3 acres at my house and I still don't think it is enough land lol.

On the cost of living note, I have never understood why people would want to live somewhere like L.A. where you pay 3X the amount for living that you would in a more rural area, and then on top of that everything is restricted.... can't mod your cars, shoot fire arms, have bonfires in your back yard, etc... To each their own I guess....

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

This is hardly city life! Though I guess compared to 3 acres of land it seems like it...
                            This area is all oldschool suburbs. No sprawl like the newer suburbs... with their McMansions and cookie-cutter developments. No houses all crammed together on tiny lots because the developer could fit two more overpriced, poorly built domiciles by doing it that way. Most of my area is 50+ years old (some are over a century old).

This area is cool with cars and small fires (firepits rather than bonfires). Cars here just have to be covered if they're not registered (learned that one the hard way!) Granted, my friend has two unregistered cars in his driveway, and has for quite a while, and hasn't been hassled for it. I'm pretty sure my neighbors called the cops on me just because they were assholes (pretty sure it was the former residents of that house, too!)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              This is hardly city life! Though I guess compared to 3 acres of land it seems like it...
                              This area is all oldschool suburbs. No sprawl like the newer suburbs... with their McMansions and cookie-cutter developments. No houses all crammed together on tiny lots because the developer could fit two more overpriced, poorly built domiciles by doing it that way. Most of my area is 50+ years old (some are over a century old).

This area is cool with cars and small fires (firepits rather than bonfires). Cars here just have to be covered if they're not registered (learned that one the hard way!) Granted, my friend has two unregistered cars in his driveway, and has for quite a while, and hasn't been hassled for it. I'm pretty sure my neighbors called the cops on me just because they were assholes (pretty sure it was the former residents of that house, too!)
                              Lol fair enough, I've always lived in this area, so I consider a lot of places cities that are not actual cities hahaha. We still get those cookie cutter houses on .1 acres around here too. I guess when you grow up in a small town where you can pretty much do anything you want you get used to it.... heck I've had fires at my house that the flames have gone over the roof of a single story house and nobody cared lol (the key to that success may or may not of involved gasoline....). and as far as cars go if you can produce a VIN# and put liability on it they'll give you a tag. I've seen open header drag cars cruising around town before passing cops and nobody even batted an eye at them lol. I've even known of people not registering their car till they got a ticket to save money, cause all the cops would do is say register it and the ticket goes out the window.... wouldn't recommend that though.

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Working...
                              X